Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Wine Posted Image

I don't think it works like a calendar though! Posted Image

I'll cling onto any hope!

Posted

I'll cling onto any hope!

I'll just cling to the bottle :winky:

Posted

It's no good, I think we need to revert to yesterday's way of cheering things up a bit, glass anyone?

Posted Imagecase-of-wine.jpg

Never mind a glass Robin, pass the bottle, or better still the whole rack will do nicely.

Actually I have to report a very brief glimpse of sunshine here in Nw London....it was that brief I didn't even have time to make it to the front door from my living room, but I swear I saw it. Blowing a hooley here for the last few hours though but showing signs of becoming brighter.

Hope you are all having a good day. Posted Image

Posted

Never mind a glass Robin, pass the bottle, or better still the whole rack will do nicely.

Actually I have to report a very brief glimpse of sunshine here in Nw London....it was that brief I didn't even have time to make it to the front door from my living room, but I swear I saw it. Blowing a hooley here for the last few hours though but showing signs of becoming brighter.

Chink chink! Posted Image

Actually it has brightened up here Martin and whilst not a Summer's day as such, I'm squinting while trying to type this - and not because my eyesight is poor either!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

hi all Posted Image

i know the weather isnt great but it could be a lot worse (like last year). Average temps for june in london are only 21degrees.

And while a pattern might stick around for weeks on end, there is no evidence to suggest it will.  Three years of rubbish summers doesnt mean another is on the horizon. 

And for next week its possible that we will draw up some warmer/humid weather with possible tstorms.

Keep the faith and those fingers crossed Posted Image

EDIT:  and incidentally, the nicer weather we had at beginning of june was down to me being abroad (happens literally everytime i leave the uk) so if u all chip in and buy me a plane ticket, i'll happily go back to turkey and leave u to enjoy some wonderful sunshine here :):p

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

hi all Posted Image

Keep the faith and those fingers crossed Posted Image

Thank you for the positive post SS! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Looks like its all happening further up north. Lots of lightning on the radar. Oh...I hope it comes down here. Fingers, toes, eyes and everything else crossable is crossed.

Good luck everyone. :D

Posted
Looks like its all happening further up north. Lots of lightning on the radar. Oh...I hope it comes down here. Fingers, toes, eyes and everything else crossable is crossed.

Out of many of us in the region, you could be one of the more favoured K, fingers crossed for you too!

Overhead and to the SE of Mid Sussex Posted Image

Moving in from the West Posted Image

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/18325-13th-june-2013-002/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

hi all Posted Image

i know the weather isnt great but it could be a lot worse (like last year). Average temps for june in london are only 21degrees.

And while a pattern might stick around for weeks on end, there is no evidence to suggest it will. Three years of rubbish summers doesnt mean another is on the horizon.

And for next week its possible that we will draw up some warmer/humid weather with possible tstorms.

Keep the faith and those fingers crossed Posted Image

EDIT: and incidentally, the nicer weather we had at beginning of june was down to me being abroad (happens literally everytime i leave the uk) so if u all chip in and buy me a plane ticket, i'll happily go back to turkey and leave u to enjoy some wonderful sunshine here :):p

Pass whatever you are on around lol...too right the weather isn't great. Total crap would be closer. It's cloudy, blowing a gale and 19C. Even in the sunshine we had last week it hardly reached 21C. In normal years London would have easily surpassed 25C on a few occasions by now, and had rubbish like today too. It's the consistency of the crap weather that concerns me over the last 6 years, not 3. And no models show anything remotely summery at the moment. So yes, please do go back to Turkey til Oct :)

Posted

hi all Posted Image

i know the weather isnt great but it could be a lot worse ........

Yes I suppose it could, but it could certainly be a whole lot better. Some pretty ferocious winds here this afternoon are stripping leaves and small branches from the trees like it was autumn.

Posted

Some pretty ferocious winds here this afternoon are stripping leaves and small branches from the trees like it was autumn.

I thought it was October?? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

So yes, please do go back to Turkey til Oct Posted Image

when booking my flight can u reserve me the seat with the extra leg room pls :)

or send me to spain and i'll test out your new flat :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

If anyone wants me I'm in the garden with a shed load of plant supports.....and could someone PLEASE whizz some rain this way, had about 17 drops since, well, can't remember. Weeks ago. You'd think a bit of dull grey cloud could at least deiiver something useful Posted Image

Posted

Im in a reflective mood this afternoon ( medication, or at least that's my excuse ) where best to post my thoughts on our current weather ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

when booking my flight can u reserve me the seat with the extra leg room pls :)or send me to spain and i'll test out your new flat :)

Flat not ready til September sadly, in a way will be a nice time to go :) Shame have to suffer this crap weather til then lol....

Posted

and could someone PLEASE whizz some rain this way

I think you might have a drop or two on it's way to you shortly:

Posted Image

where best to post my thoughts on our current weather ??

I'm thinking.....

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If anyone wants me I'm in the garden with a shed load of plant supports.....and could someone PLEASE whizz some rain this way, had about 17 drops since, well, can't remember. Weeks ago. You'd think a bit of dull grey cloud could at least deiiver something useful Posted Image

Not even so much as drizzle in the wind, so far...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Not even so much as drizzle in the wind, so far...

I've got that - at least there's ome stuff on the windows at the front which sort of look like rain drops....

Blimey Coast, you must be psychic, it's hammering down at last! :D If there's enough of it, it'll help wash through the agricultural slurry which some ********** dumped in the river a week ago!

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think you might have a drop or two on it's way to you shortly:

Posted Image

I'm thinking.....

Posted Image

Is that one of knocker's collection?

Posted

Is that one of knocker's collection?

It's the communal SE/EA outside 'yer tiz' and is freezing cold in Winter and boiling hot in Summer. Sadly you don't get boiling hot that often....

BTW, someone needs to run a bit of bleach around in there please!

Blimey Coast, you must be psychic, it's hammering down at last! Posted Image

I am and I'm just looking forward to another event as we speak Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Foul and breezy here (and it is not me this time), some pokey showers have blown through this afternoon.

Whilst it remain overcast too it has currenly managed a paltry  15.3oC (work weather gadget said it was 17oC, think it lies)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Still very windy but now brighter here in Norwich. Had some slight drizzle but nowt special.

I've sent some emails with photo attachments from Android phone to iPad but they ain't appearing neither on Hotmail or Gmail. But they've been delivered SOMEWHERE. Any ideas anyone. Could the weather account for it? :(

Posted

Mostly cloudy hear, but just a few little specs of blue. Can confirm heavy showers in north Peterborough at around 3:10 pm, got soaked walking to the car. Also can confirm that our new office is very nice, but we have made a subtle request for them to by a kettle, coffee, biscuits, mugs etc., that no way to treat the directors, all should be sacked, northern .............