Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

You could put up with this nonsense in October, maybe November - but June? I demand a refund, where do I apply? Posted Image

I would more or less expect this nonsense on and off  from October right through to April to be honest Coast, but almost mid June ?

It's the lack of sun and the constant winds I find most depressing and I suspect I am far from alone in that ( SAD ).  Last weeks glorious blast of sunshine just underlines how bad this week has been. 30 minutes of sun since dawn on Sunday. Believe me I am trying hard not to get depressed about it but its an uphill battle.

Moan over Posted Image

Posted

Moan over Posted Image

Moan away by all means! I'm just working out when I will take my next break and find some sunshine abroad. The Caribbean is looking increasingly more inviting at the moment (and not wholly for sunshine :winky: )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Come someone please turn the heat down?Posted Image 

Posted

I shouldn't moan really, been lucky enough to enjoy some fabulous holidays in hot and sunny climes in years gone by. It makes it all the more frustrating being housebound in this bloomin' gloom though !!

Posted

The Met Office tend to exaggerate wind speeds. I usually subtract about 10 to 15mph from their estimated wind gust speeds for here

The NAE suggests a strongish breeze certainly but any gales look reserved for a few plankton in the channel It is the threat of storms next week that bothers me much more than some ordinary wind and rain.Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't be rude about Robin, please...Posted Image 

Posted

Don't be rude about Robin, please...Posted Image 

It's OK, I'm used to being a bottom dweller 

Posted

Come someone please turn the heat down?Posted Image 

And to think I used to like Johnny Cash........things can change y'know Posted Image

Posted

Well on that note I'm off to find me some happy, sunny tunes on You Tube.....expect to see them pop up somewhere in the Lounge later. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I shouldn't moan really, been lucky enough to enjoy some fabulous holidays in hot and sunny climes in years gone by. It makes it all the more frustrating being housebound in this bloomin' gloom though !!

You are talking about Hastings and Fairlight again I presumePosted Image

Its a bit like pea soup round here atm with the drizzle and mistPosted Image

Posted

Its a bit like pea soup round here atm with the drizzle and mistPosted Image

I hope it's freshly podded peas with a little mint Tamara? 

Posted

Well, I don't know about you lot but, after an eternity of Neptunian dew-points, today is horribly sticky!

Posted

You are talking about Hastings and Fairlight again I presumePosted Image

Haha, well of course I would count those on my list of favourite places, and hope to get down there again next week....but they don't quite fall into the realms of hot and sunny climes ...Posted Image

Posted

As some of you have noticed, Im in a bit of a rockin' bluesy, pub rock mood this afternoon. This old man had to do something to lighten his mood and it's slowly working. Someone, I forget who, put Status Quo's 'Going down the dustpipe' video in The Lounge. My only claim to anything near fame was helping the Quo unload their gear when they played at our local 'dancehall' many many moons ago, just about when they bought this record out.

Perhaps I should stay on topic and mention the weather ? Same old same old I'm afraid, so it's back to music for me. Posted Image

Posted

Perhaps I should stay on topic and mention the weather ?

You'll be the only one who does!!! Posted Image

Posted

You'll be the only one who does!!! Posted Image

Posted Image  It's good to see the regulars posting in this topic year round though eh Coast ?  Not like those other regionals who shut down the minute the merest hint of snow has dissappeared over the horizon. Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image  It's good to see the regulars posting in this topic year round though eh Coast ?  Not like those other regionals who shut down the minute the merest hint of snow has dissappeared over the horizon. Posted Image

Did someone say it was going to snow?  When?  Is it definite?  YES, it's the next ice-age!!!!!!!!  Wait, just seen the latest forecast from the stupid met!  What's happening now?!  Nightmare, it's not going to happen, that forecast from 3 weeks ago is SO CLEARLY wrong, another downgrade, why oh why does this happen everytime, it's so unfair.  Hang on... it's back on, twitter said so, time to dust off the sledges, here it comes, radar says it's 2 minutes away, this could be the big one!!!!!! Get some supplies in!!!!

Oh.  It's sleeting.

Edit: now it's raining.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  

AS

Stupid weather.

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Oh yes, the distilled essence of NW regionaires are all in here - a bit like Bovril.... Posted Image

Posted

^^ How's the medication coming along AS ??

My grandfather has been reincarnated as a small castle in Bavaria so I am a bit tied up at the moment BB (and at this rate will be more tied up very soon)

Posted

Oh yes, the distilled essence of NW regionaires are all in here - a bit like Bovril.... Posted Image

Bovril pah........Marmite every time.

AS is beginning to concern me a tad........is it snowing in Reigate?  Its only raining here.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Bovril pah........Marmite every time.

AS is beginning to concern me a tad........is it snowing in Reigate?  Its only raining here.

Hello BB, I'm fine thanks, if a little fed up with work and grey gloom skies.  Off to Brighton at the weekend though, which should blow away the cobwebs!

Hope all are ok

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Suffering from a summer cold at the moment. Went to Manchester for 5 days and was heavily drinking with friends, my immune system had got a nasty kick (so did my liver) and now im suffering. Please send sympathy my way...and a violin. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Snowing here!

OK maybe not, been rather mild again, got to 19 point something earlier, now drifting back a wee bit (but not much), but remains cloudy and breezy.

So, up to much?