Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

a fine misty drizzle descended from the hills, warm and muggy with it though. 

Argggghh, went out in it lunchtime and got wetter than if it had of been raining hard - damn this kind of weather Posted Image

No, agree, you cant beat a bit of Inverno, can you.

I've never tried it - is it too late at my age and do you think I'm flexible and imaginative enough? :unsure: 

Posted

Afternoon all

A slight drizzle has arrived outside the office in Harefield, unaffected by the strengthening breeze it's not doing much other than filling in the spaces between inanimate objects, I'm mystified at how it is not blowing around, maybe it is particularly heavy drizzle or is simply showing off ('wind, call that wind? you can't push me around, I'm Heavy Drizzle, dontcha know!')

I think I need to get out.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.
Thanks for that, Coast. The battery seems to be charging a bit better now after a reset. It's now up to 41% Now.....we wait.

Sun has come out now. It's looking very pleasant. I am now attempting to paint a table....but me paint's all solid in the tin. (It's not my day lol) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I think I need to get out....morePosted Image

AS

Posted

I think I need to get out.

AS

You do, but not in the current weather!

Posted

I think I need to get out....morePosted Image

AS

Just getting out would be a start.  The 'more' bit can come later if I decide I like it!

Posted

Good afternoon Regionairres......chin up Jan, you are among friends here. Posted Image.

Our Scottish brothers and sisters have what I think is the perfect word to describe days like today...... Dreich......Its duller than dishwater and drizzling here, and although the mercury says its 16.4c, it feels nothing like it. What a difference a week makes.

Make the best you can of whats left of the day one and all.

Posted

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's the sunniest day since last Friday; the warmest since even further back...

Posted

Hi all

Cloudy and damp here

But feels warmer :-)

Decorating at present so having fun. (Not)

Hi jan

Hope you feel happier soon

Go on smile. You know you want to :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tbh peeps, I'm quite looking forward to maxima of 18 and minima of 13...Coupled with a wee bit of rain, should help produce a much-needed spurt in plant-growth...Posted Image

Posted

Right, I'm off to see what the NHS can do for me in the drizzle (I mean what they can do for me, not necessarily in any type of weather). Or maybe I can do something for them?...... 

Posted

Right, I'm off to see what the NHS can do for me in the drizzle (I mean what they can do for me, not necessarily in any type of weather). Or maybe I can do something for them?...... 

All the best Coast, hope it goes well

Posted

Good afternoon Regionairres......chin up Jan, you are among friends here. Posted Image.

Our Scottish brothers and sisters have what I think is the perfect word to describe days like today...... Dreich......Its duller than dishwater and drizzling here, and although the mercury says its 16.4c, it feels nothing like it. What a difference a week makes.

Thanks BB,

Having a disease flare up which is making me feel very sorry for myself. Musn't be so grumpy in future Posted Image

Posted

Hi all

Cloudy and damp here

But feels warmer :-)

Decorating at present so having fun. (Not)

Hi jan

Hope you feel happier soon

Go on smile. You know you want to :-)

Hello John,

Your post did make me smile so thanks for that. Happy decorating Posted Image

Posted

I'm on the train home looking out towards the Docklands and surrounding areas - I hadn't realised how misty it has been today. I could barely see Canary Whalf!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

19.7oC here, but breezy and overcast (nothing new with that last bit then)

Posted

Hello John, Your post did make me smile so thanks for that. Happy decorating :)

Hi janI was doing a thick coat of pva on a wallGot distracted and leant on itI get myself in some right sticky situations. Haha :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hopefully by the end of June we will have seen a few half decent storms, there hasn't even been a single decent storm chasing day for me yet this year !! Really has been shockingly poor so far, I'm fearing that unless we have a run of some decent storms throughout the rest of summer, there is definitely a big change in weather patterns for the worst. 

Whatever happened to those imports that used to scare me to death by setting the car alarms off every single year running in the 90's, and still hearing the violent sporadic vibrating thunder booming away in the distance whilst walking to school ! Low solar activity? Melting arctic ice sending cooler water further South, which causes a Southerly tracking jet ? I'll let the experts decide and try and give me a few possible answers, but this is getting stupid now! 

Will it be like unless we cement over the Atlantic Ocean a good 500-1000 miles off Ireland, France and Spain, Irish Sea, and the English Channel, we will be kissing goodbye these imports and painfully watching them discharge their destructive powers over Benelux and Germany? I sincerely hope not :(

I would do anything to witness some of those storms in the 90's again, I really hope something happens this summer.

Posted

Well, the interview went well, nice lad shame he's an Aussie, but if we offer him the job the banter will start flying in July when the great English cricket team stuff the convicts. Oops sorry think I might have got a little carried away there :-)

Sitting in the front room with just the nearest hint of sun streaming (ok an exaggeration but puddling didn't sound right) through the dirt stained windows, fairly good day today with a few problems actually resolved, plus for the first time in years just spotted ( 7 o'clock this morning ) a sparrow was seen feeding from our seed dispenser, which pleased me anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Tbh peeps, I'm quite looking forward to maxima of 18 and minima of 13...Coupled with a wee bit of rain, should help produce a much-needed spurt in plant-growth...Posted Image

Really. Think the plants would prefer a day of soaking rain followed by sun and heat. Cool, grey crap leads to disease and poor growth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

after last year ( and a poor show the year before) I have not bothered with growing anything this year, it is a shame, but the effort, energy, time and money I have put in to this in recent years has not given much, if anything, back, so I have waived it this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hopefully by the end of June we will have seen a few half decent storms, there hasn't even been a single decent storm chasing day for me yet this year !! Really has been shockingly poor so far, I'm fearing that unless we have a run of some decent storms throughout the rest of summer, there is definitely a big change in weather patterns for the worst. Whatever happened to those imports that used to scare me to death by setting the car alarms off every single year running in the 90's, and still hearing the violent sporadic vibrating thunder booming away in the distance whilst walking to school ! Low solar activity? Melting arctic ice sending cooler water further South, which causes a Southerly tracking jet ? I'll let the experts decide and try and give me a few possible answers, but this is getting stupid now! Will it be like unless we cement over the Atlantic Ocean a good 500-1000 miles off Ireland, France and Spain, Irish Sea, and the English Channel, we will be kissing goodbye these imports and painfully watching them discharge their destructive powers over Benelux and Germany? I sincerely hope not :(. I would do anything to witness some of those storms in the 90's again, I really hope something happens this summer.

You and me both. Love a decent summer storm, especially those coming up from the SW-SE. The night time ones are the best. Love the weather beforehand too, days of sun and heat.....very 90s weather. Good memories! Lets hope these last few years are just a 'blip'.

Posted

Hopefully by the end of June we will have seen a few half decent storms, there hasn't even been a single decent storm chasing day for me yet this year !! Really has been shockingly poor so far, I'm fearing that unless we have a run of some decent storms throughout the rest of summer, there is definitely a big change in weather patterns for the worst. 

Whatever happened to those imports that used to scare me to death by setting the car alarms off every single year running in the 90's, and still hearing the violent sporadic vibrating thunder booming away in the distance whilst walking to school ! Low solar activity? Melting arctic ice sending cooler water further South, which causes a Southerly tracking jet ? I'll let the experts decide and try and give me a few possible answers, but this is getting stupid now! 

Will it be like unless we cement over the Atlantic Ocean a good 500-1000 miles off Ireland, France and Spain, Irish Sea, and the English Channel, we will be kissing goodbye these imports and painfully watching them discharge their destructive powers over Benelux and Germany? I sincerely hope not Posted Image

I would do anything to witness some of those storms in the 90's again, I really hope something happens this summer.

I take it you weren't in Portsmouth last Friday then ??Posted Image