Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 14th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Did a all nighter last night waiting to see if the showers behind the main band of rain would produce anything,made it until 6am but nothing happened,Awoken just after 1pm this afternoon by some really heavy rain surprised not to hear a rumble,A lot a radar watching today I think and hopefully a nice surprise pops up later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Surprised there hasnt been much in east anglia today

I'm not Posted Image

Well, there was a TS near Norwich in the morning but I never heard it ;)  Skies are getting clearer and clearer, radar shows  most of the action dahn sarf at the moment. Almost 2pm, still not hitting the road until I see developents closer to home, Cambs/Lincs border possibly...

Posted

Skies very dark to my south, the cell will miss me though but it is developing at quite a rate, if i would of gone tamworth then this would of hit me bang on, i always make the worst decisions haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Haven't had access to forecast making material all last night and this morning but here you go:

Updated:

Posted Image

Edited by Convective

Posted

Yet again Welsh convection is dying over Shropshire, keeping going further south, and exploding back to life over Birmingham area- lost count of the number of times it's done this since 2007!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just seen a nice gust front ahead of a heavy shower and then one CG bolt as it passed over with heavy rain. Main thing was the wind, very gusty blowing twigs from the trees.

Only 2pmish now, when is the next storm ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Don't like that mess of stuff around London, could kill off anything here. Having said that, looks like a squall line down there. Really nothing showing up for us yet, still not making a move as I think that general cloud and rain spreading NE is a problem.....

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Panayiotis, June 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Panayiotis, June 15, 2013 - No reason given

Just seen a nice gust front ahead of a heavy shower and then one CG bolt as it passed over with heavy rain. Main thing was the wind, very gusty blowing twigs from the trees.

Only 2pmish now, when is the next storm Posted Image

-

Edited by Panayiotis
Posted

Getting very dark again here. Here comes the next one. Windows rattled like mad when it thundered from the last downpour. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well it seems all clear from the West here, some decaying stuff moving in from the SW but nothing after that really. I think the main zone is in a strip from Bristol east, right through Reading and towards north London/S East Anglia. Might catch a couple of storms there.

Posted

Looks like not much around now near where I am. Pity the one bolt of lightning from the last storm was not in my view with the camcorder.

To be honest today is nowhere near as active as I expected, although the latest charts did downgrade potential. Of course, it is only half 2 and so a couple of hours yet before all the instability heads east.

Best place now looks to be East Yorkshire although keeping an eye on the cells moving towards Leicester.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

And there she goes, sferics near Leicester :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I certainly can't see that area near London killing stuff. It should begin to thin out and intensify producing some strong thunderstorms soon from what I can see...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Meh Meh Meh Bog all up in this neck of the woods

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Nowt to report here as per

usual snooze-fest here too. Despairing of ever seeing (or hearing) of a storm here again in my lifetime! 

*slinks off dejectedly to the NSC....*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Yet again Welsh convection is dying over Shropshire, keeping going further south, and exploding back to life over Birmingham area- lost count of the number of times it's done this since 2007!

But bizarrely, whenever the action prevails from the east....development and action happens over due east of us ie: Lincolnshire...and then just peters out over the Midlands before it gets anywhere near us....we never seem to get re-ignition. Just wondering what topography and specific geographical features mean that we seem to be in this storm desert! It's well beyond my insight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

There's a definite squall line developing and intensifying as it moves SE towards East Anglia.

post-17320-0-24360600-1371306378_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Will be interesting to hear any reports of hail from that squall line moving towards London as it doesn't seem to have powered up much, just become a bit more organised since it passed over Bristol this morning.

Sunshine and high winds here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Storms are always weak over Bristol and when they continue east they develop but one hell of a squall line on the radar!

Posted

Just rain here now and I think any chances of storms outside of East Anglia and the eastern portion of that squall line are disappearing fast now. I may call it a day. Well I saw one CG and heard a rumble but to be honest it has been quite disappointing today; considering the outlook I would have expected much more.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

That squall line is incredible; I'd love to be in north London right now, going to check cams.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Kicking off here in Essex. Several claps of thunder overhead and torrential rain.