Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Now THIS is a warm spell, not that pathetic excuse the other week. Tshirt and shorts weather!

Also the sun is out increasing the temps as well Posted Image

That fine spell a couple of weeks or more since was simply wonderful with deep blue skies, no humidity and brilliant sunshinePosted Image and I would swop it any time for this. You were on the exposed part of the coast to the wind along with the chilly sea temperatures.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That fine spell a couple of weeks or more since was simply wonderful with deep blue skies, no humidity and brilliant sunshinePosted Image and I would swop it any time for this. You were on the exposed part of the coast to the wind along with the chilly sea temperatures.

Exposed yes, but how yee forget. The entire eastern side at one point away from the coast had cloud and cold north east/east winds. For example in canterbury it was 13.2C all day. But enough about that **** week the better :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Exposed yes, but how yee forget. The entire eastern side at one point away from the coast had cloud and cold north east/east winds. For example in canterbury it was 13.2C all day. But enough about that **** week the better :D

This is lovely weather, perfect! No cold wind :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Watching a pair of buzzards soaring here, no effort but climbing rapidly. Could be a good sign of convection getting started!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Its still pretty hazy here but its slowly turning to blue. I know there has been talk of 'filling in the Channel' but would it really have an effect on our weather?

I don't want thunderstorms today Posted ImagePosted Image

The temperature has risen 1c in the last 10/15 minutes! whoa!

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Hi biddie,

I'm sure you'll be fine, if you should be unfortunate to get any thunder, there's plenty of shelter in the Grandstands. I hope, if you're going with friends, that they are understanding of your phobia.

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day out biddie. Best of luck and hope you back a few winners!

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

bless you really dont want to give in to my phobia. im not in the grandstands im in the silver ring which i understand has little cover !! but i appreciate your kind words. x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Beautiful weather today, 24C and by far the warmest day of the year so far, feeling quite humid as well, realfeal temperature 30C.Posted Image

Posted

A scrumptious sunny lunchtime out there and a toodle around on the bike found me at my favourite working weekday spot for some quiet time in the warmth by the cemetery. Soaked up a few rays and put the World to rights in my head and wandered back for round 2 in the heat of my 29°C office.

Looking forward to that cold cider after work Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Turned out nice again :D  Skies clearing, sun is making a valiant effort, bless it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely summers day here, 25C with mainly blue hazy skies and little cloud. Wind has picked up a bit, was NE 10 mins ago, now NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very sunny and warm in Ippy and 72f. Sky a bit hazy and its humid. *phew* :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Looking good, storms have fired to our south/south east over france!

Posted

Looking good, storms have fired to our south/south east over france!

:good:

Posted Image

Posted

:good:

Posted Image

I reckon we should parachute into France just east of Paris, mention reforming the Common Agricultural Policy, and await the resulting hot air blasting towards the UK with storms ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I reckon we should parachute into France just east of Paris, mention reforming the Common Agricultural Policy, and await the resulting hot air blasting towards the UK with storms Posted Image

Best invite Perfect Storm, then?Posted Image

Posted

I reckon we should parachute into France just east of Paris, mention reforming the Common Agricultural Policy, and await the resulting hot air blasting towards the UK with storms Posted Image

Posted Image It's the only way to get anything out of the EU!

I have turned the rather sophisticated air-conditioning system up as the temps continue to rise in here...

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Best invite Perfect Storm, then?Posted Image

Why, is he known for annoying the French?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why, is he known for annoying the French?

The Man From U. K. I. P.

Posted

The Man From U. K. I. P.

Aaah.....! Controversial

Posted

London and South East England

Forecast Summary

Today
Showers this morning, some heavy and thundery, most likely the further east your location. This afternoon showers become less widespread and lighter, while some very warm bright or sunny spells may develop. Mist and low cloud may affect some coasts.

Tonight
Many places dry this evening, with only a few showers initially. Overnight there is an increasing chance of thunderstorms moving north across the region, especially across Kent and East Sussex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/me1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Sun is shining its boiling hot bikini on im hitting the beach see you guys later for hopefully a storm watch Posted Image

Posted

Sun is shining its boiling hot bikini on im hitting the beach 

Me too! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Reading, Southampton, West Berkshire, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Slough, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Essex, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

There is a low risk of isolated thunderstorms breaking out across southeast England, East Anglia and the east Midlands during Thursday from the early hours onwards giving some intense downpours. These could give 15-20 mm of rain within an hour and 40 mm within 3 hours very locally. However many places could stay dry.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised surface water flooding.

Valid from:

0005 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

Valid to:

2355 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

An unstable, warm and humid airmass originating from the continent  will cover the region during Thursday. In these situations, developments are very finely balanced as to whether heavy showers or thunderstorms will break out or not.  Although many places may miss the worst, where thunderstorms do occur they could give some locally torrential downpours.  

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=7E2F57AD-9494-DAA3-A630-5BF5EC351B85_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1371682800