Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Dont think the met is as confident as they used to be...  Yesterday bbc weather center went for thursday "a bit of a washout with heavy rain maybe even some thunder, really miserable day for the bulk of southern england"  Today " some showery rain moving into south eastern england and up into wales, temps slightly down blah blah blah".. Now thats a bit of a let down from them, normally they nail this dead on 2 days out yet quite a bit of change from one day to the next..

Think they need them computers upgraded??

I cancelled something for tomorrow... yet i think i could go ahead with it now!!

Edited by nanu

Posted

Once again we just miss out.. so close, rewind 15-20yrs and that would of smashed into us, but there's something out there that always drags these big storms east or south of us these days.. What is it???

Someone's applied a liberal coat of this:

post-6667-0-28812300-1371628222_thumb.jp

Posted

France seems to be the place today, even tonight GFS shows us with nowt:

Humidity is rising - barometer's getting low....  according to our sources, France is the place to go-oh...

Posted

Sun is really trying hard here, is it really too much to ask for one decent thunderstorm?

Posted

Sun is really trying hard here, is it really too much to ask for one decent thunderstorm?

Nah.. were paying back for the decent snow fall we got earlier this year.. think of it as a tax (storm) deduction. We get one thing, we have to pay it back with something else

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Had some quite heavy rain early this morning, just need the sun to pull it's socks up and suck all this lovely moisture into something collisiony.

I'm not holding my breath. Radar is torturing me!

Posted

Already feeling more humid and 'close' than yesterday but with little indication that it will break into a decent storm later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Is there any chance of home grown storms today? 

(that will no doubt develop over us then explode over Liverpool or somewhere equally miles away!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So let me get this straight. It is really humid, I have massive hair and the storms are going to miss me.I did not sign up for this!

Me too! Why do I have bad hair days in this weather? There must be some explanation.

My dog is looking very relaxed at the moment, so no thunder storms for 40 miles - the moment he starts panting and trying to climb into my lap, I'll let you know.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Me too! Why do I have bad hair days in this weather? There must be some explanation.

Static electricity?Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

(that will no doubt develop over us then explode over Liverpool or somewhere equally miles away!)

Lincoln?

Posted

A very small one, possibly from mid-afternoon onwards and maybe somewhere within our region - but at this point I haven't a Scooby-Doo where...

Posted Image

Posted

Static electricity?Posted Image 

Posted Image

Posted

Drove through some rain on the way to work across SW London, but brightening up nicely in last hour, temperature of 17C already here at Heathrow and dew point of 15C - gonna be a very warm and sticky one. Lets hope this energy can be released into some storms later!

Up to 18 on my car temperature thing when I drove along the Heathrow perimeter road at 9. Started lovely and wet but sunny in Surbiton with the lawn covered in snails (over the past few weeks there has been such a snail-fest in the garden early morning and late evening that sadly a few have come a cropper under my foot:( although with the dog sniffing each and every one of them, they may already have died of the shock!). Lovely serene Thames at Kingston Bridge sat under blue skies that gave way to an overcast arrival in Uxbridge, but now the grey is clearing to blue with some high cloud and haze covering the distant countryside. It feels lovely with all the trees in full leaf... if only we could get a few more days like this, but fingers crossed the 'thundery breakdown' will make it to the west of London later on.  

Posted

Dont think the met is as confident as they used to be...  Yesterday bbc weather center went for thursday "a bit of a washout with heavy rain maybe even some thunder, really miserable day for the bulk of southern england"  Today " some showery rain moving into south eastern england and up into wales, temps slightly down blah blah blah".. Now thats a bit of a let down from them, normally they nail this dead on 2 days out yet quite a bit of change from one day to the next..

Think they need them computers upgraded??

I cancelled something for tomorrow... yet i think i could go ahead with it now!!

im on tenterhooks heavy storms wont get me as ascot tomorrow

Posted

Once again we just miss out.. so close, rewind 15-20yrs and that would of smashed into us, but there's something out there that always drags these big storms east or south of us these days.. What is it???

God Posted Image

Think he heard my prayers for no lightning or thunder here! We don't want none of that, keep it away! Snow? Fine. Sunshine and heat? Fine. Rain? Fine. Thunder and lightning? Hell no.

I hope it continues to disappoint you all guys Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Looks like ill be eating my hat then lol ;(

I hope it's a hat with a 'plume'. :D

Posted

God Posted Image

Think he heard my prayers for no lightning or thunder here! We don't want none of that, keep it away! Snow? Fine. Sunshine and heat? Fine. Rain? Fine. Thunder and lightning? Hell no.

I hope it continues to disappoint you all guys Posted Image

so its all your fault then!!!.. nah actually i found out.. its all them north sea oil rigs, they have some frenchies on them, so they dont miss out on anything back home..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nah.. were paying back for the decent snow fall we got earlier this year.. think of it as a tax (storm) deduction. We get one thing, we have to pay it back with something else

I'd much rather it was the other way around. No snow and massive storms. Gah! All that anticipation for nowt.....again. I could weep with disappointment. :( *sob*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Well, just some low frequency, bass rumbles, felt rather than heard in the early hours this morning was as good as it got here.

I don't hold out much hope for home grown storms today unless we can get some very high temps. Cap likely too strong out west and further east, where I am. It's murky cloud. dross from all that convection out east which at the moment is inhibiting temps at the surface.

Saying all that though, potential is there for imports, a quick look at sat and radar show storms continuing to fire up over northern France, cloud is burning off over North East France as we speak and temps are likely to climb dramatically there, fueling more storms.

Now, just watch Belgium get hammered by them!