Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

I'm probably the boring one here today, but I'd much prefer a day without any rain......storms or otherwise. Just a nice hot sunny day would make a very pleasant change! Have a good one all....whatever you're hoping for! 

Posted

Now, just watch Belgium get hammered by them!

Yes, damn those pesky Belgians! 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Morning all well there were some grumbles this morning I had to check ot wasnt my belly ar first but indeed it was out at sea and that was about as exciting as it got here. It is overcast and very muggy. We either need a bit of sunshine or a cracker of a storm however I will not be holding my breath for either

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

We were so close to a storm, a bit gutted really but it was touch and go I suppose. Real action ( BIG storms ) according to the met were due tonight. But as before I hold no weight to the forecasts from the beeb

Posted

Morning all well there were some grumbles this morning I had to check ot wasnt my belly ar first but indeed it was out at sea and that was about as exciting as it got here. It is overcast and very muggy. We either need a bit of sunshine or a cracker of a storm however I will not be holding my breath for either

Morning HBL!

You might be in one of the best positions if anything breaks today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Morning HBL! You might be in one of the best positions if anything breaks today.

Ooh eer!We usually are in a good spot here but so far this year we were short changed on the snow and what little sun everyone else has had hasnt happened here :(

Posted

Ooh eer!

I was desperately trying to stop the descent of this thread into innuendo room101 !!!! :lol: 

Posted

Ooh eer!

We usually are in a good spot here but so far this year we were short changed on the snow and what little sun everyone else has had hasnt happened here Posted Image

Agreed for areas in and around Herne Bay, a very poor winter a terrible spring and so far a naff start to the storm season Posted Image

It's worse than 2012 thus far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The wine was good then Posted Image I forgot to take my hair grip out before I got into bed Posted Image - that was the first thought I had this morning when I wondered what was pressing between my head and the pillow, apart from wondering about storms and where Shadow my cat was.

I was asleep if there was ever any rumble or two of thunder but it was bone dry first thing this morningPosted Image Plus looking at the radar thingy, it seems there was an escape (for me) as they brushed through past Dover and the Eurotunnel connection. Obviously I am pleased, so far, with that but there is still at least another 24 to 36 hrs to get past yet before it can be called a total escape. On that basis those of you who have different hopes to me still have time yet

Posted

On that basis those of you who have different hopes to me still have time yet

Morning Tamara.

It's a strange dichotomy that I am desperate for today to break down into a good old window-rattling storm or storms, but understand that there are a few here that will be quite happy for it to pass them by.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hazy sunshine here. No blue sky, just milky white. Looks like a nice day now with light and variable winds. Feels rather warm which is a change :)

Posted

Feels rather warm which is a change Posted Image

These look to be already better than yesterday with a whole afternoon still to go:

Posted Image

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ touting widespread 25°C for much of our region this afternoon, which is a country mile better than yesterday and a nice 'ingredient' to get some convection going.

Edited by Coast

Posted

Issued at: 
1142 on Wed 19 Jun 2013

Valid from: 
0005 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

Valid to: 
2355 on Thu 20 Jun 2013

There is a low risk of isolated thunderstorms breaking out across southeast England, East Anglia and the east Midlands during Thursday from the early hours onwards giving some intense downpours. These could give 15-20 mm of rain within an hour and 40 mm within 3 hours very locally. However many places could stay dry. 

The public should be aware of the risk of localised surface water flooding. An unstable, warm and humid airmass originating from the continent  will cover the region during Thursday. In these situations, developments are very finely balanced as to whether heavy showers or thunderstorms will break out or not.  Although many places may miss the worst, where thunderstorms do occur they could give some locally torrential downpours.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1371682800&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&regionName=se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Phew it's a warm one! Makes a nice change, presume it'll be the hottest day of the year?

Posted

Morning Tamara.

It's a strange dichotomy that I am desperate for today to break down into a good old window-rattling storm or storms, but understand that there are a few here that will be quite happy for it to pass them by.

especially tomorrow posh frock and all that !!

still not sure if im gonna be brave enough !

Edited by biddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Turning into a nice day here, sunshine coming through and currently 24C with light winds. Quite pleasant :)

Posted

Lol at the disclaimer However many places could stay dry

Posted Image

Keep the faith! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day here, north westerly wind meaning it's actually warm here. Still quite cloudy with a large mix of cloud with cumulus now developing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

especially tomorrow posh frock and all that !!

still not sure if im gonna be brave enough !

Hi biddie,

I'm sure you'll be fine, if you should be unfortunate to get any thunder, there's plenty of shelter in the Grandstands. I hope, if you're going with friends, that they are understanding of your phobia.

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day out biddie. Best of luck and hope you back a few winners!

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Now THIS is a warm spell, not that pathetic excuse the other week. Tshirt and shorts weather!

Also the sun is out increasing the temps as well :D

Posted

Well, it's certainly more humid and sunnier than yesterday was, and although I'm not banking on anything coming across the channel from France, I am hoping that some how we produce some home grown storms later today and into the evening...  (I think this is what they call clutching at straws!)