Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think the warmer air has finally arrived - temps just gone up from 18C to 19C Posted Image

Same here. Horrendous innit!

Posted

Jan, I see you're around, can you activate the Bromley Borough thunder shield please. We must be allowed a shield, 2 brontophobes in the space of a couple of miles of each other, surely we qualify. Posted Image

Tom.

Please can you out a sheild up in my area too . This forecast alone is giving me nightmares :( Edited by donna-m

Posted

......A rather strange thought came into my head that I would almost feel better watching the storms with a group of enthusiasts somewhere ............

That's actually not such a strange thought Tamara. I can sympathise with anyone who has any kind of phobia, and you raise an interesting point there.

Posted

come on peeps im a brontophobe and thursday is the day to watch for . im due at ascot and thinking of not going!! even tho i will be in the open air possibly during a massive storm please tell me i can do this !! is this my time to face the beast im 48 in a few days time !

Posted

Is there a thread for us poor storm phobics - who would love to be able to even look out of a curtain at a flash , but physically can't :(

Posted

Being comatose by that time really rather appeals to mePosted Image  Someone can then wake me up when it is finished. 

A rather strange thought came into my head that I would almost feel better watching the storms with a group of enthusiasts somewhere (and a bottle of numbing winePosted Image ) rather than being stuck at home on my own and it being dark. Typical and just my luck that the household is AWOL on tonight of all nightsPosted Image . Daytime is not so bad because there are places to go and people to see. But I am obviously not going to drive around the countryside like a madwoman in the middle of the nightPosted Image  especially with wine prescribed on the agenda.

tamara i feel the same at night. i am much better when im with people unless im outside which i will be if i go to ascot thursday. a good drink or sedative helps me if its a bad storm. and an ipod !!

Posted

Please can you out a sheild up in my area too . This forecast alone is giving me nightmares Posted Image

Dont anybody dare put any storm shield anywhere near me Posted Image  i would also like a thundery night that stops me from sleeping, just like the old days

Posted

Dont anybody dare put any storm shield anywhere near me Posted Image  i would also like a thundery night that stops me from sleeping, just like the old days

lol ill drink to that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Anybody who needs to escape the impending doom of cataclysmic storms, see circled "Safe Zone". Posted Image

post-9147-0-97856400-1371587050_thumb.jp

Posted

come on peeps im a brontophobe and thursday is the day to watch for . im due at ascot and thinking of not going!! even tho i will be in the open air possibly during a massive storm please tell me i can do this !! is this my time to face the beast im 48 in a few days time !

Welding helmets are excellent if you do not like lightning, worn with a set of earplugs, will provide solace. Posted Imagepost-9147-0-76248700-1371587676_thumb.jp

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nice red sky tonight;

post-17085-0-19320800-1371588118_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just been outside admiring the pink and red sky.

What makes it do that exactly ?

I know it must be the sun but what causes it?

Sorry to be dumb,daughter just asked and I can't find the words to explain it.

Cheers x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Last evening had a mega sunset, and today it was nice also, at least a nice distraction from storm hype.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Just been outside admiring the pink and red sky.What makes it do that exactly ?I know it must be the sun but what causes it?Sorry to be dumb,daughter just asked and I can't find the words to explain it.Cheers x

Particles of all sorts of things, from reflection off of the clouds to dust. Also as red has a longer wavelength then blue it is more prominent as the distance between you and the sun increases. As the blue becomes less visable as it has a short wavelength.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Nice sunset today and yesterday, camera was busy earlier.

Posted

Right, i've been away a while... whats the chances of storm tonight? worth staying up for?

Posted

Just been outside admiring the pink and red sky.

What makes it do that exactly ?

I know it must be the sun but what causes it?

Sorry to be dumb,daughter just asked and I can't find the words to explain it.

Cheers x

Here you go, Floaty... http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2009/09/08/red-sky-at-night-but-why/

Posted

I may well be wrong, but having looked at all the forecasts and parameters I just don't see much potential for storms in the next couple of days

Posted

Just been outside admiring the pink and red sky.What makes it do that exactly ?I know it must be the sun but what causes it?Sorry to be dumb,daughter just asked and I can't find the words to explain it.Cheers x

Its a very complicated reflective process caused by all of the fake tan in Essex.

Posted

Right, i've been away a while... whats the chances of storm tonight? worth staying up for?

nah.. goto bed but with some windows open.. so if anything does kick off it should wake you up.. thats my plan anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

My Hubby won't let me have the window open as there's a pigeon that wakes him up at 4:30.

Sits outside non stop,then another starts and another :(

So I will just lay here and boil then.

Posted

I just saw a cloud that looked like a Shredded Wheat. I'm naming it Cumulonimbus incus scargillus...Posted Image 

My Hubby won't let me have the window open as there's a pigeon that wakes him up at 4:30.
Sits outside non stop,then another starts and another Posted Image
So I will just lay here and boil then.

I'm already contemplating sleeping in the grandkids' Wendy House!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Development starting to show itself on the French radar North of Paris in the last 30 minutes, matches up with satellite data and ground observations at 23:00 (CET) local time.

Going to be a long night, best bet is heading to bed like others have suggested. Latest TAFs continue to indicate thunderstorms restricted to the period 04:00 and 09:00 Wednesday.

Posted

My Hubby won't let me have the window open as there's a pigeon that wakes him up at 4:30.Sits outside non stop,then another starts and another :(So I will just lay here and boil then.

I'll swap you a pigeon for 267 squawking seagulls that start up as soon as first light hits the sky around 3am? :rofl: Lovely sunset tonight for many it would seem, still 19c here.post-5283-0-60261400-1371590468_thumb.jppost-5283-0-27673900-1371590479_thumb.jp