Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 21st June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Yep towers going up here..

Suprised you can see them through the mid level muck thats been hanging overhead all day and into this evening ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Baring in mind that I live in Wiltshire and so might have a very slight IMBY perspective, here's my take on tomorrow night's thunderstorm risk.........Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

post-4149-0-07951700-1371580332_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Is that something starting over the Pennines into Sheffield? Or just the radar being bullish?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Why has a mass of rain just appeared out of nowhere to the SW of England. Surely it can't have developed that quick??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

There is a small but intense shower East of here over Bridlington Bay at the mo. I wonder if that is going to electrify? Normally you can see storms out over the N Sea from here but I am going to Donny shortly and won't be back till midnight so I will miss it in any case.

Good luck you guys down South tonight/tomorrow!

Posted

Has anyone noticed that Super cell that's erupted over Switzerland? Send that air here, now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

First big splodges of rain falling now

Can't believe I'm getting excited at some moderate rain :p

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Why has a mass of rain just appeared out of nowhere to the SW of England. Surely it can't have developed that quick??

it's an erroneous image from yesterday's radar

Posted

Coming down in absolute torrents now!

Wow! Best of luck for some sferic activity soon! Wouldn't surprise me as Cheshire has seen the highest temps Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

Had a bit of light rain earlier, and what I did notice, was presumably Sahara dust within the rain, real mess it made on my windows and car afterwards!

Posted

Just to mention..... Its not only uk forecasts for thunderstorms that dont come to fruition...... Barcelona area of spain was forecast severe storms on spanish met, estofex etc...... Not much actually happened, had a level two on estofex but just rainy..... Ps humid 22c here still overcast..... Looks very stormy but doubt anything will happen....

Ps they were forecating or sain severe thunderstorms with tornadoes, large hail and very severe wind gusts....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think Thursday looks to be the main day for any rain but the CAPE charts look rather rubbish and we won't be under the warm, humid plume by then. Are we looking at thunderstorms or just plain old heavy rain?

Reason I ask is this rain looks to move northwards across most of England and Wales and so if thundery it could give a good few of us some action. Apologies for my lack of knowledge, I find plume type storms difficult to forecast.

Posted

And here it is on a webcam on the Swiss/German border.

http://www.webcams.travel/webcam/1265788558

Found this one as well. Check how it builds every 10/15 minutes with the time slider bar on the right side since 19.35hrs

http://www.webcam-4insiders.com/en/Webcam-Schaffhausen/7872-Schaffhausen-Webcam.php

Edited by OddSpot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think Thursday looks to be the main day for any rain but the CAPE charts look rather rubbish and we won't be under the warm, humid plume by then. Are we looking at thunderstorms or just plain old heavy rain? Reason I ask is this rain looks to move northwards across most of England and Wales and so if thundery it could give a good few of us some action. Apologies for my lack of knowledge, I find plume type storms difficult to forecast.

My concern precisely. Lots of rain but no thundery potential there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

If smiley Carol Smiley Smiley didn't say the "h" word, then we should be in luck ;D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Gone completely still and pitch black to the S

I'm seeing the same to the SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Had a bit of light rain earlier, and what I did notice, was presumably Sahara dust within the rain, real mess it made on my windows and car afterwards!

More than likely picked up by the jet as it looped back Northward,,,,,,,,If we eventually get rid of all this crud, we may be in for a spectacular Sunrise tomorrow morningPosted Image