Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Had a fair bit of thunder here and rain so heavy it was solid white. Still a lot of navy blue clouds around, looks bad over Soutra.

Posted

Thunderstorms  making sky black to east and west again the last  one from the west gave ten minutes of torrential rain. Neeps are smiling again.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

thunder here on isle of lewis and seems we had a tornado ,there are pics if you have the western isles weather page on facebook

• Like 1

Posted

Some pleasant sunshine and blue skies aswell as impressive shower clouds - especially further south and east. I was out playing tennis two hours ago and an impressive storm cell grew as it moved from the SW. A few loud rumbles of thunder and ominous looking skies made us take cover in the clubhouse for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

3 or 4 rumbles of thunder here before 7pm. Didn't see the lightning but I'm assuming it was coming from a mass of black cloud off to our NE at the time. Stonker of a double rainbow in front of it too, 6 yr old son was mightily impressed with that asking "why are there two rainbows?". The lower of the two was the brightest rainbow I've seen in years too and you coudl see all the colour range very distinctly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Supposedely had thunder overhead in the late afternoon here, but where was I? In Edinburgh! Posted Image Every single time! 

Posted

Fkn Torrentail pish.Ah hate fkn rrrrrrrrrrain!!!!!!!!!!Big pished aff Innes

Big Innes, you need me to move nearby. I left for Dumfries earlier, and missus reports Hail, Thunder etc. I get back home and roast all afternoon while watching these beauts pass by east and west of me....

post-2849-0-78882400-1374874888_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-17348600-1374874890_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-42115800-1374874891_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-69226100-1374874892_thumb.jp

So I think I am cursed not to be part of a good storm.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Lots of quite stunning cloud formations over the firth and the mountains to the south and south-west today.  Ordinary Cumulus evolving into congestus then Cumulonimbus with incus and velum well developed. (Yes, I got a cloud-spotters guide for my birthday, and the best thing is that young HC keeps borrowing it!)

Erm, apologies for my rancid tone about hot humid weather last night - my hands and neck were burning with bites!

• Like 1

Posted

Dry all day here with plentiful sunshine, temperature peaked at 23c. Lovely day and much better than anticipated.

Posted

If this little beauty had made it to Scotland before the channel opened, it would get my vote for the national plant, replacing the thistle (never mind haggis but that's another battle)...

It only comes to life at the edge of snow-patches, as the soil temperature rises, sometimes poking up through the edges of melting snow and within a day or so producing these little nodding bells.  Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

If this little beauty had made it to Scotland before the channel opened, it would get my vote for the national plant, replacing the thistle (never mind haggis but that's another battle)...

Posted ImageSoldanella.jpg

It only comes to life at the edge of snow-patches, as the soil temperature rises, sometimes poking up through the edges of melting snow and within a day or so producing these little nodding bells.  Posted Image

Maybe should be the Highland flower? 

We apparently have a flag these days, which combines Scotland, Ireland / Gaeldom and Scandinavia Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

A very beautiful morning here, 20.8'C and sunny with very little wind, perfect! :)

Posted

All of a sudden out of nothing so it seems it has gotten pretty black outside!

Posted

Just when it gets to Cumbernauld it splits up and goes both sides of the town .defo no lotto on tonight check it oot raintoday

Posted

Stunning summer day here. Maximum of 23.1C and sunshine.

Posted

Any luck? I can't make out where Cumbernauld is on the radar for all the bright colours Posted Image

Barely anything in the end (surprising considering how dark it got) brightning up now. The cloud's we're more exciting to be honest!

Apparently Glasgow got absolutely hammered according to my sister!

Edited by NUT

Posted

Barely anything in the end (surprising considering how dark it got) brightning up now. The cloud's we're more exciting to be honest!

Apparently Glasgow got absolutely hammered according to my sister!

Must have been the east end, nothing in the west according to sister

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

There was a mixture of hazy blue skies/thin cloud not too long ago. A grey/peachy haze just now with bits of lower cloud moving across - fairly dark, dull and humid looking. I've uploaded a gallery of yesterday and today's weather conditions -  http://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/album/1365-weather-conditions-26th27th-july-2013/

This was the remains of a storm cloud stretching NErds from Paisley - taken around 6pm yesterday.

Posted Image

It turned out to be a pleasant and clear late evening with an impressive sky to the SE.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Earlier this afternoon the sky was looking quite menacing - I was on the look out for any lightning or funnel clouds.

Posted Image

Almost a funnel cloud

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brighter and more friendly looking skies futher east although there appears to be two funnel-cloud like features in this picture.

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Maybe should be the Highland flower? 

We apparently have a flag these days, which combines Scotland, Ireland / Gaeldom and Scandinavia Posted Image

Posted Image

How about this one  ?

Actually no, cancel that one - is there one for the whole world yet?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted

Tipping it down. 5 inch soil moisture deficit seems under threat this morning. Currently 15.1c 

• Like 1