Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Cow and calf killed 2 years ago by lightning never happened before in my lifetime. Same year from an upstais window in the farmhouse watched a pigeon shooter next to a fence at the trig point with his gun in the air. Lightning struck the fence a bit further up. Never seen a guy run down the hill so fast!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Very heavy rain shower at 12.30 with small hail at 1231. I reckon this is the heaviest rain at this station in July. The reason being the showers are home grown and maturing overhead coupled with an offshore westerly wind. The shower moved away east and turned into a slight thunderstorm over the New Gilston/Largo Law area of east Fife. Heard 2 loud rumbles of thunder at 1240 and 1242h.

Edit: distant thunder at 1252 and 1254hr.

Edited by snow1975

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Some beefy looking rain clouds appearing now, both on the radar and looking out the various windows at work. Thought I just saw a flash but no associated thunder so maybe I was seeing things.

Cow and calf killed 2 years ago by lightning never happened before in my lifetime. Same year from an upstais window in the farmhouse watched a pigeon shooter next to a fence at the trig point with his gun in the air. Lightning struck the fence a bit further up. Never seen a guy run down the hill so fast!!!!!

That reminds me, a number of years ago we took the parents caravan to France. Stayed in a site near Rouen in blisteringly hot temperatures i.e. frequently into the 30s. The caravan was pitched along the edge of the site with a 3-wire fence behind and then trees. On a few days we got some good thunderstorms and during one I went out to check the awning as it had been leaking a little. Whilst standing in the awning I heard an almighty crack! Lightning must have struck not too far away and I actually saw sparks jump the gaps between the wires at the fence posts behind the caravan. I was back in the caravan rather sharpish after that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Yet another cloudy, misty start with some light drizzle, temp just 12.3C

Posted

Yet another cloudy, misty start with some light drizzle, temp just 12.3C

According to http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~brugge/CURR.html sunshine is running about 85% of normal for you this month which is poor but perhaps not quite as bad as I expected. Perhaps it's exacerbated by the generally good conditions experienced elsewhere.

Decent day here, sunny spells, 20c, light WSWly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Kickin in here tonite.  Just had some seriously eventless weather.  Looks like the Black Isle Show might get some 'weather' tomorrow: getting out the carpark might be fun laterPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Anyone for a supercell? Estofex has us under a very rare level 1 with large hail the main concern!

Posted

Yesterday - Decently sunny day and a lovely evening.

This Morning - Yuck!

Posted

20c/18c with light rain hardly surprising it feels muggy!

Posted

Wowee, some rain now, Central Belt intensity!  Rooks sat on the grass here looking forlorn, brollies and coats in the street, cars splashing through puddles etc.  Oh, you don't need me to tell you what rain is do you?  Posted Image

Still, glad this is my indoors day...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Damp morning, bright and warm afternoon :). Now getting breezy and muggy and cloudier - signalling rain later:(

Fancy a trip to spain for some heat :)

• Like 1

Posted

Very wet today currently 16c and a bit clearer. Got a bit wet at the Black Isle Show but the chat made up for it!!! and they say women can talk.

Posted

Was soaked to the skin quite literaly this morning. Rain was that heavy but it did clear although stayed mostly cloudy. Pretty mild tonight (and really quite dark now)

Posted

Any ideas what this is?

No - does it smell much? If it doesn't then it's probably not a 'herb' and you might be able to get your money back. Doesn't look very exciting does it...?

Posted

Bad nights sleep last night RH of 96% and a minimum of 17c here. Feels very thundery out there  this morning  so a cooler fresher outlook in the models would be most welcome. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible day here. Wet grey cold and blowy. Can whoever borrowed summer please BRING IT BACK!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice sunny morning with a bit of a breeze but warm.

Yeah, complete contrast to yesterday morning! It was a sunny 20 degC and felt warm despite the breeze, which compares very favorably to yesterdays low cloud, mist and rain. It's raining in Dyce at the moment but from the radar it looks as if it should clear again.

Any ideas what this is?

Doesn't look much like any herb I've grown, what does the label claim it is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Nearly 25'C here with spells of strong sunshine between large cumulonimbus clouds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Any ideas what this is?

It looks a bit like a sunflower plant to me, but I can arrange for someone to pop round and take a look for you if you like ?

post-10773-0-46843200-1375449583_thumb.j

..... It might say 'Herb' on the label but I certainly wouldn't cook with it until your sure Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful afternoon in NE Fife: sunny and warm but with a refreshing SWly breeze. 23c.

Posted

It looks a bit like a sunflower plant to me, but I can arrange for someone to pop round and take a look for you if you like ?

Posted Imagecannabis-raid-864496519-2967883.jpg

..... It might say 'Herb' on the label but I certainly wouldn't cook with it until your sure Posted Image

And here was me on route with ma rizla papers. Posted Image

Anyhoo, gash day yesterday with a very muggy end, and today is muggy with a stiff breeze. Missus really struggling today with hay fever.