Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

16.1c was my low last night. Currently 21.6c

I suspect today might mark the end of my sequence of days whereby the max has been 25c or above, yesterday was the eighth in succession starting from 12th July.

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The sun is desperately trying to break through here.. will it or wont it ? temp 19.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

north sea misty low cloud in full force here, much better without sun, max of just 22.3°C so far

tomorrow also looking more comfortable, with thick north sea mist, even drizzle mentioned by bbc

Posted

Much more comfortable today! I can actually do things without feeling hot, sweaty and rather disgusting. Should be a lot better for sleeping tonight too.

Posted

Now this is very, very interesting news - the Met Office have already issued yellow warnings for thunderstorms across the entire region (and indeed much of England away from the north) for Tuesday and Wednesday..........

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&fcTime=1374274800

post-13544-0-00575100-1374323347_thumb.j

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Was kinda hoping it would be sunny on my visit to Solihull's nature reserve and park, although even with the current overcast conditions, it still seems pleasant outside (and should still make for a good day out).

Really looking forward to the thunder potential next week. Just hoping the storm shield doesn't try to eradicate all the storms.

Going to have to be one very sturdy shield and by all accounts DRL!

If this goes belly up...time to reconsider ones hobbies lol...

Looking forward to the first (possible) night show for what seems an eternity now - first few distant flickers, odd rumble then all hell breaks loose, CGs and window rattling shotgun thunder - bit like the olden days hehe..and not for the faint hearted.

Then again - there's very little else that actual frightens me. Except perhaps a big swarm of ravenous midges and you on their radar LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Is there a chart I could find when the brum tornado happened? What with all this talk of hot humid n storms coming up possibly...

Posted

Early hours Tuesday looks fun in the Midlands, big MCS anyone?

Posted Image

We live in hope..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A lot of cloud around today, and only occasional breaks -- the cloud seems more stubborn than most forecasts predicted this far west. Still feeling warm, though; temp hovering around the 23-24 °C mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks interesting for our patch on Monday evening! Feels very similar to the 28th July 2008 which was also a stifling very sticky hot Monday before one of the best storms ive seen in the evening! There was lightning for some 5 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks interesting for our patch on Monday evening! Feels very similar to the 28th July 2008 which was also a stifling very sticky hot Monday before one of the best storms ive seen in the evening! There was lightning for some 5 hours!

Remember it well. I was chasing that night around the Shropshire area and there was several hours of lightning as you say. At the back end of one of the pulses I thought it had moved on when a huge CG dropped just across the other side of the field. Some of the lightning was so bright it hurt my eyes to look at it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep Easterly shift now on the GFS 18z for Tuesday but Monday still looks excellent for Wales and the West Midlands. Dont expect any changes to this now. Easterly shift doesnt bother me as im in Wales Tuesday. Could be more easterly shifts for Tuesday onwards. All looks fine for here Monday though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Awoke to find the hill all misty and there'd been light rain outside. Wasn't expecting that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The ground is damp so there has been rain here recently, lots of cloud too which I am hoping will clear. Having said that the BBC forecast not hopeful of that around here.

Looks good for some storm action with the main risk now being Monday into Tuesday as opposed to Tuesday/Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Storm risk moved east, usual places to be affected, with Staffs and Shrops and north and west missing out, but at least looking cooler in the west from tue/wed maybe only 23°C

Posted

The local Met Office forecast is predicting a max of 29c tomorrow for Solihull Posted Image

Thank goodness I've booked the day off, sitting in an office without any air-conditioning would be like enduring a form of torture.

The predicted max's for the following couple of days seem a bit lower than I was expecting though:

post-13544-0-68472700-1374400486_thumb.g

Bish

Posted

After being outside for a while this morning, it seems hard to believe that the temp and humidity is going to be as high as forecast for Monday. That's going to be a massive turn around from what it is like at the moment.

Posted

Storm risk moved east, usual places to be affected, with Staffs and Shrops and north and west missing out, but at least looking cooler in the west from tue/wed maybe only 23°C

Are you blind to tomorrow's potential?Meanwhile if the met office predict 29-30c here tomorrow I'm thinking 31-33c possible!

Any updates on those HGJs Bliz? :)

Hehe, anyway where were we - early morning surprise for a handful tomorrow as any T-Storm risk trundles further North?

Some radar sites are going to get a tad busy over the next few hours, days, maybe weeks. Steady on... Hope they're stocking up on the WD-40!

Fairly solid blanket of cloud pegging temps back today here, leading to an increasingly humid and sultry evening and night. Round one Monday :)