Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Says it all....

UK - 21 strikes

Belgium - 701,435 strikes

lol

Posted Image

UK trolled by French storm again

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

15mm now !

Posted

Couple of lightning strikes reported about 10 miles south of Gainsborough, current wind puts the storm directly in line with Doncaster. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Overnight night for south/west Yorkshire northwards looks very interesting in regards to rainfall totals.

Edited by richjb78

Posted

Ok, first post, so be easy on me. Been watching this thread (and others on previous days) with great interest. Currently we have.. reasonably heavy rain in Cambridge, though it doesn't look like its going to last long. I was really looking forward to another Monday night/Tuesday morning, but, alas, I guess that's not going to happen. I really don't know what has happened to the t-storms of my childhood. They just don't happen any more. Last decent t-storm I witnessed was back in 91 in Miami.. Sad really. Here's to hoping tomorrow and Monday brings better luck for you all. Though not here.. Home grown t-storms in Cambridge are rare these days.

40 miles west everyone I know was woken from their beds at 4.30-5am Tuesday morning. I certainly was. At the top scale.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Wow

I dont like Norfolk....................Grrrrrrrrrrr 

Thick Fog and Severe Drizzle

Pfft

A lot of us are getting to feel that way.....the only crackling going on is me treading on snails on my way to the kennels.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Those red x's on the lightning chart just north of Derby are right over my house!!,some really good lightning here and really sharp cracks of thunder in pretty heavy rain!!.Things are looking up!!.😀😀⚡☔

Guest William Grimsley

Well, looking at the BBC weather forecast last night, Newton Poppleford was forecast hardly any rainfall for today. Instead, Newton Poppleford Weather recieved 7.2 mm of rainfall, 1 flash of lightning and 2 claps of thunder! I'm impressed! Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

BOOOOOOM Stockport what a lightning fork that was.

Saw that from here, one side of the sky to the other nearly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Can see distant flashes of lightning..only a few rumbles..need to get about 15 miles closer. *fingers crossed*

Posted

BOOOOOOM Stockport what a lightning fork that was.

About 2 miles from here Posted Image its mostly focusing between Bollington and Disley from what I can tell with the averages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

powerful storm erupting over Belgium.....must be what they call a Brussels Sprout......Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and t-storms.

40 miles west everyone I know was woken from their beds at 4.30-5am Tuesday morning. I certainly was. At the top scale.

Certainly. I was woken at half one and and about 4.30, same as you say. First was dry, the second, very wet. First decent storm since last summer! Had a strike within a couple of hundred metres at about half 6.... Just seen the latest BBC Weather. Seems up north is looking good for some sferics and heavy rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Seems like all this lightning activity is between Manchester and Sheffield and not moving north even a tiny little bit.

Posted

Seems like all this lightning activity is between Manchester and Sheffield and not moving north even a tiny little bit.

Just left-overs from the Derby storm earlier, orographic enhancement has kept things going convective wise but it's mostly just the occasional sferic once every five minutes, if that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The rain has grown much more intense now. No more sferics anywhere yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the low was correctly picked up by the models, what they didn't predict was that would be the place to receive naff all Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Crock of poo, overhyped. Will be dry by midnight and a nice day tomorrow.

It won't be nice everywhere although it will definately be an improvement on today.

Some places are expected to get heavy showers so its not going to be very dry.

Posted

Certainly. I was woken at half one and and about 4.30, same as you say. First was dry, the second, very wet. First decent storm since last summer! Had a strike within a couple of hundred metres at about half 6.... Just seen the latest BBC Weather. Seems up north is looking good for some sferics and heavy rain.

If I wasn't half asleep I would have been a bit scared. Spent the hours of 11pm-2pm reassuring the dog who doesn't get along well with loud noises from earlier T-storms. Those strikes were bloody close.