Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Antwerpen, Belgium Live cam.

http://bouw.webcam.nl/artesis/

Rubbing salt into the wound ! :-)

Posted

Hammering it down here aswell, evenmoreso than when we had the lightning. Ties in well with the GFS but just a shame whatever's capping the sferics never broke down in-time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right heres an idea.

Next time it looks like we're going to get a monster storm, no one mention it. Just pretend nothing out of the ordinary is forecast.

Let's see if reverse psychology works on weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

At least the vegetation is getting a good watering. Was getting fed up of seeing brown grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I remember a big mcs bust like this happening a few years ago... Someone on netweather made this video about it... Lmao 

I adore that video!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Rain is bouncing down now pitty there's no thunder

Was just going to say that here in East Lancashire we are missing the heaviest and then the monsoon started.Absolutely peeing down now.No thunder though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hold on this system is supposed to be heading east according to the local forecast. Hello the maps show it heading west... Rain has stopped now

Posted

Dry here now. 4mm rainfall in total. Didn't warrant the hype. Maybes 100 strikes in total, concentrated around the Derby area.

In fairness, the GFS progged rainfall had about 12mm. Only the 'experts' were gunning for more.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I am quite satisfied with this evening, thunderstorms earlier that I caught between Tamworth and Burton appeared to amalgamate and form an area of thundery rain, then just rain - thankfully I chose to not follow them anymore and decided instead to head back. I managed to get back around here in time to catch the little storm that went over Ripley and Belper, I say little but some of the rain from it was intense with a lot of water on the roads making it quite hazardous.

Still raining outside but nothing thunder-wise since that storm about an hour and half ago.

So, when's the next opportunity to chase..... tomorrow? 

WTF when was the last time this country had lightning almost every second like that?, I can't ever remember it happening.

Got close on Tuesday mate..I'm not kidding, twenty or so mins of continuous fireworks, strobe lightning, loud thunder. Problem was the dawn light gotten in the way a bit..moan moan, hehe. Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Dry here now. 4mm rainfall in total. Didn't warrant the hype. Maybes 100 strikes in total, concentrated around the Derby area.

I think from what I saw the most active storms were around Ashbourne, Coventry and Rugby. Active probably not the right word, the most "half decent" storms.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

So I see 3 very strobe like lightning and some moderate rain earlier and we got a few drops of rain monday night, its getting annoying and im not sure if its the forecasting or everyone hyping and ramping?? was it supposed to be like this all along and everyone just made a big deal of it or was it supposed to be a wide spread MCS?

Posted

Happy with today too :D probably had a couple of dozen flashes/rumbles, mix of + and - IC flashes, couple of close CGs, vibrant pink strobe like lightning, beading bolts....rain nothing notable despite the radar returns and some very dynamic cloud movements.

Fingers crossed next week deliver a treat - expecting much of the thunder action to be further West tomorrow.

Good luck further North :D

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

So I see 3 very strobe like lightning and some moderate rain earlier and we got a few drops of rain monday night, its getting annoying and im not sure if its the forecasting or everyone hyping and ramping?? was it supposed to be like this all along and everyone just made a big deal of it or was it supposed to be a wide spread MCS?

God knows mate. All I know is that this is another big anticlimax to add into the collection! It literally just fizzled into nothing, I couldn't make this up!! 

Yet one way or another, Belgium and Holland get their usual MCS rumbling away all night long.

What is it going to take to get action over here now, cementing 1000's of miles of the atlantic over? We looked so odds on today aswell :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,blizzards and storms

Here in Stockport had a few flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder with  telly going off for a few seconds - more than perhaps we were expecting

Posted

I think from what I saw the most active storms were around Ashbourne, Coventry and Rugby. Active probably not the right word, the most "half decent" storms.

Earlier on ~ 7pm when we had the 50p splodges of rain on and off I was very optimistic. That stopped and we had basic rain. However we got away with a rather nice day, stupidly humid of course. And we might get a decent day tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

I remember a big mcs bust like this happening a few years ago... Someone on netweather made this video about it... Lmao

Lol that is freaking hilarious. Something to brighten the mood on another pathetic night for Britain on the storm front of things. Bloody Belgium and the Netherlands stealing all the fun again, when will it end I say!?!?! And the French well north-eastern France must get tired of the constant lightning every summer.

Posted

Heavy convective type rainfall here, but only the 1 flash of distant lightning around an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If things stay well above average throughout this year, if we get a very mild Winter, if we get a very mild Spring 2014 and then another heat blast in Summer 2014 to warm that dreaded Channel up...we MAY, just MAY get a plume that delivers.