Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 27th July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Oh joy, I now have mist & drizzle. Total garbage. One hour of moderate rain & a few distant growls after a few rumbles & a couple of bangs earlier.

Seems my earlier prediction was correct, someone in France farted and blew the storms off course again Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Just left-overs from the Derby storm earlier, orographic enhancement has kept things going convective wise but it's mostly just the occasional sferic once every five minutes, if that.

Still more than what we have - which is light rain. Seems like this is what you would call thundery rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Oh joy, I now have mist & drizzle. Total garbage. One hour of moderate rain & a few distant growls after a few rumbles & a couple of bangs earlier.

Seems my earlier prediction was correct, someone in France farted and blew the storms off course again Posted Image

All I've had is my StrikeAlert picking up a sferic about a million miles away. Does that mean I can leave the NSC? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

These 'thundery rain' events where there is a huge mass of rain rarely deliver. Ive seen these in the past thus im not surprised tonight. Very similar to May a couple of years back. Lots of heavy rain up from the south but nothing else despite forecasts of thunder.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Picturing the headlines in the Sunday Express tomorrow....

"COUNTY OF CHESHIRE IN FAIRLY MODERATE CONVECTIVE RAIN SHOCK! QUESTIONS ASKED ON NETWEATHER...HOW DID IT HAPPEN?"

(but still seven years since any storm activity...see Page 4)

Says it all....

UK - 21 strikes

Belgium - 701,435 strikes

lol

Posted Image

I blame the new trade union laws. Posted Image

No real action over here today, a few hours of drizzle eventually enough to wet the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and t-storms.

If I wasn't half asleep I would have been a bit scared. Spent the hours of 11pm-2pm reassuring the dog who doesn't get along well with loud noises from earlier T-storms. Those strikes were bloody close.

Indeed, daughters mother was having to calm her dogs in her own bedroom.. My daughter slept through the whole thing.. Really need to get her to appreciate natures wonders... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

A lot of us are getting to feel that way.....the only crackling going on is me treading on snails on my way to the kennels.....

Posted

Just left-overs from the Derby storm earlier, orographic enhancement has kept things going convective wise but it's mostly just the occasional sferic once every five minutes, if that.

Seems to be dying off really, built up slowly then 5 minutes it was fairly active then fading off again now.

you've never read the model output discussion in winter chasing the phantom easterly then....makes this thread look like a meeting for eternal optimists!

All good clean fun on the whole though..let off some steam whilst the mainland is literally just that, steaming! For the umpteenth time :)Bit of humour beats petty bickering and or non-sensical finger pointing..Very heavy rain now, winds calm, an inch or more than likely for many..of rain :) Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

powerful storm erupting over Belgium.....must be what they call a Brussels Sprout......Posted Image

I almost misread this for Londn had to check twice

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

So wish I was at TomorrowlandFestival in Belgium with that corker heading towards them,Time to jump ship and move out of the UK I think?

Posted

Only nuisance rain, not even worth talking about.

Watered the plants, looking forward to a nice day tomorrow!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

18mm so far now,and still lashing it down, seems to have stalled a little over the Pennines...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Been on the road from Alton to swansea this evening, heavy rain most of the way before it dried up after Brigend , looks like its been dry in the west.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

RAIN............................................................................................Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Posted Image

I don't even want to think about it anymore, the amount of times we used to get MCS imports and they would explode over the UK and that no longer happens is incredible.

Posted

These 'thundery rain' events where there is a huge mass of rain rarely deliver. Ive seen these in the past thus im not surprised tonight. Very similar to May a couple of years back. Lots of heavy rain up from the south but nothing else despite forecasts of thunder.

It was thundery rain, just that the main activity did not get close as expected yesterday, stayed away from even Kent that normally picks up the severe storms. A full on MCS would have produced a lot of lightning depending on it's strength 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well... what a kick in the balls this has been. This tonight had bugger all on Monday nights corker. 

I give up!! 

The only good thing I'm thinking about is how hot those SST's in the Western Med are getting. More energy for some September crackers in the Balearics. 2 weeks there, I should see some decent action I'm sure

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

powerful storm erupting over Belgium.....must be what they call a Brussels Sprout......Posted Image

Get out!! Just get out Nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!! ... Snigger