Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 28th July onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Wow another cell has just passed over with gusty winds. I thought it had dide as there was no thunder from it for a while but just heard 2 rumbles as it moves away to the west. Actually it could be another cell maybe.

Posted

looks like wigan is in a  storm void Posted Image  , although I saw two forks of IC lightning and a rumble south of here in the warrington and st helens storm,  as it moved closer the thunder has stopped, just typical , just heavy rain again now,

Posted

Can't believe that! Massive cell passed over, with incredible rainfall and not as much as a single rumble or flash!

Posted

Most of the thundery activity seems to be where the highest cape values are

at the moment.

If only it was that simple all the time!

Some nice photos on this thread this afternoon.Posted Image 

Posted

Can't believe that! Massive cell passed over, with incredible rainfall and not as much as a single rumble or flash!

thats because it had to get past me first, my personal storm shield is killing the electrical activityPosted Image

been watching each and everyone of these cells all day lose their thunder as soon as they hit a few miles south of here, to say I am a little annoyed is an understatemant

at least I catched a fork and a rumblePosted Image thats my ration for the month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I guarentee the thunderstorm over Merseyside will die before it gets to me, GUARENTEED.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The one I had dide over formby.

Posted

The one I had dide over formby.

Posted

Look at the size of that sheffield shield on the ATD lol!

Posted Imageimages.jpg

I see the PIT is trying to smash it downPosted Image

Posted Image  you have to laugh, other wise all this waiting for storms then your shield activating would drive you insane Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I have to travel to leeds/bradford airport soon to pick up the mother in law,i will taking my cam with me just in case.

Posted

My brother took this in Huyton 5 mins away from here

post-10902-0-38190200-1375038411_thumb.p

Edited by carl1980

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Another day another blank and so it goes on.

Guest William Grimsley

Another wet day here in Devon! At Newton Poppleford Weather, 2.4 mm of rainfall has fallen, today! No thunder today though which is a shame.

Posted

thats because it had to get past me first, my personal storm shield is killing the electrical activityPosted Image

been watching each and everyone of these cells all day lose their thunder as soon as they hit a few miles south of here, to say I am a little annoyed is an understatemant

at least I catched a fork and a rumblePosted Image thats my ration for the month

At least there's still tomorrow, and at a push, Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Very strange and annoying! No rain or showers whatsoever here, looking at the rain radar there was a heavy shower heading towards me, annoyingly enough it seems like its going to break up at exactly my area, and it will miss me!!! Every forecast predicted showers here and all of them managed to miss me!!!!! Aaaaah

post-17472-0-31738700-1375039566_thumb.j

Posted

At least there's still tomorrow, and at a push, Tuesday.

Yes, still chances tommorrow, I am at work in ST Helens tomorrow, just watch all the activity kick off north of wigan or more east over manchester way this time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No rain at all today, no thunder, no lightning, nothing but rain last night, this area is an absolute storm desert! Even Cheshire and Wrexham are getting something today!

Conveniently forgotten Tuesday then?

Posted

A heavy shower here again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

No rain at all today, no thunder, no lightning, nothing but rain last night, this area is an absolute storm desert! Even Cheshire and Wrexham are getting something today!

Wasn't great here today. One immense downpour about 2.30ish but with only distant thunder. Not enough to lift me out of the NSC. Think I must be the only person left in there!

Something interesting filled the W horizon at around 6ish but it sailed NNE to the W of me. No thunder heard and no rainfall registered but I saw an interesting lowering of the cloud base and a very! distant flash of lightning. Must have been those ones that pushed out of Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Damn right..... There is a big cell onto the south right now but that's likely to slip east I reckon, and its not producing lighting anyway. Frustrating day,Also there was nothing here on Tuesday, one rumble early in the morning from what I could tell nothing anywhere near overhead Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I guarentee the thunderstorm over Merseyside will die before it gets to me, GUARENTEED.

OMG its actually pepped up a bit! Will this be the 1st time in years we get a decent thunderstorm!!!??? Pleeeeeaaase