Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 31st July onwards 2013

Posted

Hoping once it goes completely dark ill see more. Already seen a couple of bright flashes to my S/SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Really regretting not driving west now Posted Image

Having tea soon then I'll have to have a think. Seeing that lightning out west has got me in the mood, it's enticing me! 

Seen quite a lot of fork lightning now, even got some on video.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Distant lightning once again. Some good cloud formations around but it's like having a beautiful girlfriend who always closes the door at the end of night.

shes definately at my house this evening, I hope she wants to stay for coffee!

Posted

What's causing these? Is it the little trough behind the main cold front now sat in the North Sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Southampton and Solent area look to be in for some action soon by the looks of it. Good to see the channel being their friend for a change!! 

Posted

looks like a massive storm over ashbourne, must be heading this way in next 5 to 10mins.

seen some more lighting flashes to south west, fingers crossed for a direct hit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hoping once it goes completely dark ill see more. Already seen a couple of bright flashes to my S/SE

Have not seen any lightning as yet but me thinks a cuppa and a ciggie stood outside is in order

Amazing storm near Bridgnorth area earlier..pulled over, as you do lol and there followed some of the heaviest rain I've witnessed in the UK, periods of hail, CGs but mainly CCs bolting all around, looked evil at one point and whilst not the best ever show, well punchy little storm and head and shoulders above those all too regular distant rumbles...

Three storms in total today, third one's the winner :)

Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm now seeing a CB to my SW lightning up frequently with IC strikes. So now watching two areas of lightning from here.

The tower to the SW must something south of Birmingham looking on radar, so that's a long way away! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Southampton and Solent area look to be in for some action soon by the looks of it. Good to see the channel being their friend for a change!! 

Yep been watching that cell closely on radar and hoping it comes this way, makes a change for something to strengthen as it crosses the channel!

Posted

Spectacular light show to my south west

From the radar, that storm looks immense.

Posted

Some interesting developments over S/C Wales, that would be lined up for my way if they survive.

Posted

Despite missing everything by a few miles, the frequent lightning and occasional thunder heard means that I must add today to my days of thunder list.

Days of Thunder list? Is that some sort of Tom Cruise thing??

If the one that has just crossed Chesterfield keeps heading this way, then I'll be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just had a very good storm moved through here, frequent lightning, loud thunder, very similar to 9th May '11

Posted

Weird, got what looks like cloud to cloud lightning over Grantham, but nothing picking up on the lightning detectors.

Posted

Spectacular light show to my south west

yep tell me about it came over head, and its heading your way, I got fantastic film footage of approaching storm, then the rain hit followed by hail, then on film it triggered the car alarm across the road.

what a build up you could track due south west from ashbourne, could here the rain in the trees before it hit here, try and do a link later.

enjoy the storm.

Posted

Days of Thunder list? Is that some sort of Tom Cruise thing??

If the one that has just crossed Chesterfield keeps heading this way, then I'll be happy.

Let's just say that when he hears thunder he keeps his Eyes Wide Shut and hopes that by the time he opens his eyes the storm will be Far and Away...

Anyway, it looks like a shower has formed north of Derby as part of the larger storm. Hopefully this will intensify and give me some rain to go with the lightning. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

BBC yet again have made a complete hash of this cold front! Barely forecasting anything remotely exciting all day! They have been on very poor form this summer, If people want to disagree, then look at whats happening now as opposed to what they have forecasted, they have been a country mile off. That storm in the channel looks like its screaming straight towards me on the radar too. 

How would we know whats going on now without Netweather.tv ?!! Ill never know, because the BBC have called this very wrong indeed. 

Whoever created this awesome site, and all the people who have made this a thriving community, respect to you all! Netweather is the future :D