Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 31st July onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hearing sferics now, fairly close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Looked thundery all afternoon here with thunder-like clouds producing heavyish rain but looked like it was gonna slash it down seeing how dark the clouds have been. Very good to hear that someone has thunder in barrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Interestingly the EA have got flood advisories in place for several river systems in the NW region in anticipation of heavy rain later.

Still having hard baked ground will not help matters with rapid run off into the watercourses, something which contributed to the flooding around here on Sunday and Monday of last week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
Posted (edited) · Hidden by East_England_Stormchaser91, August 4, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by East_England_Stormchaser91, August 4, 2013 - No reason given

If only this wasn't deepest FI, that looks like it would evolve into one explosive plume, 25c uppers in the Southern end of the Bay of Biscay!!

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Very heavy rain now, surely only a matter of time before.................BOOM, BANG, NEW, PANTY, TIME.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

hmm

Posted Image

Well it's better than no chance. Really not sure how tomorrow will pan out. Dry and very warm here, average and damp, thunderstorms. Who knows???

I guess like Friday, wake up and look at the radar for any nasty stuff moving north from the continent

Edited by Captain shortwave

hmm

Posted Image

Well it's better than no chance. Really not sure how tomorrow will pan out. Dry and very warm here, average and damp, thunderstorms. Who knows???

I guess like Friday, wake up and look at the radar for any nasty stuff moving north from the continent

That's the beauty of our weather, we seem to forget this when it is quite frankly pants!

Warmth and moisture usually a half decent combo for a storm lover - HP meanwhile shall return before Summer's out. No qualms whatsoever..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Got a gut feeling that maybe Wednesday, there could be a Belgian/Dutch import for some Eastern spots. This unusual thundery import from the SE looks like it could well show its hands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Got a gut feeling that maybe Wednesday, there could be a Belgian/Dutch import for some Eastern spots. This unusual thundery import from the SE looks like it could well show its hands.

Agreed, looks like an interesting feature, was still mentioned on this evenings forecast.

Had to laugh at tomorrows forecast. They don't have a clue Posted Image

What will it be like tomorrow, better off picking some grass I think.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Blimey kicking off parts of the NW..Blackpool, Barrow...fair play. Must be a nice surprise for some!

Just had a heavy rain shower

Posted

Looks unlikely to be thundery though (similar to last Saturday, just displaced by 200miles or so further east).

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nothing here yet, all to far north now lol.

Posted

Things look good in N Lancashire ATM! Expecting a lot of rain, but nothing thundery here tonight.

Posted

Just had a heavy rain shower

Im at work close to central promenade didnt gt a drop from that shower, its funny for a small town we still have parts that get soaked whilst other areas stay dry.

Posted

Im at work close to central promenade didnt gt a drop from that shower, its funny for a small town we still have parts that get soaked whilst other areas stay dry.

Earlier it looked really thundery out towards the prom too, im a couple of miles inland, was watching and listening for a distant rumble, apparantly it turned electric as it hit Barrow

Posted

Dry and humid here.

Posted

Yeah just dry here can't see much happening to be honest. By the way which direction is this rain coming from?

Posted

South West, but it's supposed to develop as it moves north. I think the early hours are when Manchester area will be worst affected, but I reckon it'll just be some very heavy rain.

100% humidity and DP 15c apparently here.

I would imagine the area in Wales ahead of the next band is the area to watch?

Edited by Darren Bown

Posted

South West, but it's supposed to develop as it moves north. I think the early hours are when Manchester area will be worst affected, but I reckon it'll just be some very heavy rain.100% humidity and DP 15c apparently here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just a few shots i took over the last few days

at work on my break,some nice Cub's firing up there,ignore the t & d as i forgot to change them on new cam lol

post-16960-0-60368800-1375649621_thumb.j

post-16960-0-17295800-1375649638_thumb.j

post-16960-0-40332900-1375649724_thumb.j

post-16960-0-23687700-1375649734_thumb.j

these shots with my other cam,at home the other day,was waiting for some rotation,there was some

post-16960-0-20540100-1375649857_thumb.j

post-16960-0-14086400-1375649905_thumb.j

post-16960-0-74900900-1375649937_thumb.j

post-16960-0-52107200-1375649970_thumb.j

post-16960-0-75970200-1375649997_thumb.j

post-16960-0-37728100-1375650029_thumb.j

and yesterday the cell can be seen at some distance clearly over lincolnshire way

post-16960-0-38971900-1375650168_thumb.j

allthough i haven't had a direct hit from a storm in recent days i have truely enjoyed the cloud structures and the busy convective thread/media and pics that you all have posted,heres hoping that we have more this seasonPosted Image

Edited by allseasons-si