Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Pretty good timing then? There's always the Bull Ring shopping centre in case Posted Image big Selfridges store, plus others oh and the balti triangle..a mile or two out of the city centre.

I'm hoping the only shopping I will be doing is in the jewellery quarter Posted Image

Certainly looks like the makings of a great weekend whatever the weather  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm hoping the only shopping I will be doing is in the jewellery quarter Posted Image

Certainly looks like the makings of a great weekend whatever the weather  Posted Image

the only shopping I'll be doing in Brum on saturday is filling my bags for life with tinnies from Bargain Booze in prep for the NWeather monster binge saturday night! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

post-2546-0-59887700-1379541878_thumb.pn

post-2546-0-23244400-1379541886_thumb.pn

Oh dear, where has all this grot appeared from, there was no cloud on the satellite forecast's until this morning's runs, now it looks practically overcast all weekend!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A moist warm Sw flow. a long sea fetch plus its Autumn unfortunately would never guarantee sunshine. Should start to show eventually during Sunday and more especially Monday as the flow turns more southerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Posted Imagesat.png

Posted Imagesun.png

Oh dear, where has all this grot appeared from, there was no cloud on the satellite forecast's until this morning's runs, now it looks practically overcast all weekend!

I agree what's the point of having warmth without sunny skies! Even this morning for the Weekend it's not looking good for sunshine,

I would rather have it cold and sunny than just grey yucky stuff.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

the only shopping I'll be doing in Brum on saturday is filling my bags for life with tinnies from Bargain Booze in prep for the NWeather monster binge saturday night! Posted Image

Posted Image  Can you pick me up a bottle of dry white while your there then please aj 

Posted

Luckily slight upgrades again this morning, a nice surprise! although best to stay cautiously optimistic for now, charts have backed off yesterday's trend for the high toppling on Monday to!.

Looks like it's gradually uphill now this morning's rain has passed through, should brighten up later hopefully!

Posted

Same here still only 15c though Posted Image Make the most of it, before tomorrow & weekend !

Posted

Yes...a bit of blue does go a long long way...... We have a bit of a hot stop in the WestMidlands..... Im now up to 19c myself ! Hmmmm Now where did i put them shortsPosted Image

This temperature map is LIVE .....So my temperture was 19c at 4pm.

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Yup a really decent afternoon in the end, maxed at 19.1c, 17.6c now.

Still a difficult one with this weekend, Saturday will definitely be grey here no doubt about it with that wind direction! Sunday is a case of hoping that the southerly arrival of clear skies happens sooner rather than later, Monday obviously cloudless when i'm in college all day Posted Image

Edited by conor123

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by conor123, September 21, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, September 21, 2013 - No reason given

Yup a really decent afternoon in the end, maxed at 19.1c.

Have to laugh at the last minute downgrades the charts continue to throw out! 18z takes Saturday down another few degrees and adds in RAIN to boot with thick slate grey skies all day! I expect Sunday will soon follow, bitterly disappointing after thinking the charts were doing last minute upgrades this morning Posted Image I think the reality may well be a one day wonder on Monday for here at this rate!

Edited by conor123
Posted

:o Sun breaking through here and 19.5c, makes a change both Thursday and now today bringing better conditions than expected!

Posted

post-2546-0-02519400-1379777907_thumb.jp post-2546-0-73396900-1379777911_thumb.jp

Absolutely perfect conditions at the minute as you can see :D, glorious sunshine with a scattering of lenticular clouds and 21.2c, makes a change for Shropshire to get some of the best weather in the Midlands for once!!

• Like 2

Posted

Same again tomorrow anyone?

Looking that way - not much to get in be way of a pleasant, warm enough and settled day. Sun amounts needless to say variable although seven days is a long time in terms of UK weather. Be interesting what we'll be talking about in a week or so time Posted Image

I suspect it's a case of making the most..

Even more interesting what we'll be talking about in around 6 to 8 weeks or so time!Posted Image

Posted

Its drizzling at the moment... hope this disappears by the morning! Lovely day today, dont want tomorrow spoilt..

A warm night to go with that drizzle!... Still 17c here at 11:10... Expecting it to drop over night to 14c way above the average nightly low of 8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Glad to hear its summer like at home tonight. Very warm here too at 18c still at midnight! Lovely!

Posted

Thick cloud and very muggy tonight keeping temperature's well up, 17.1c with a dewpoint not much lower at the minute! tonight's minimum is looking set to be warmer than the majority of the month's maxes :lol:

Here's hoping this stratogloom clears early tomorrow. 

Posted

Ahh I see business as usual has returned today aka bog standard slate grey skies, though bright at least!, last night was pretty major on the warm scale though with a low of 16.5c! 

Could of been a scorcher today had cloudzilla burned off, tomorrow seems an odd one, GFS goes for crystal clear skies and 24c whilst BBC have the whole midlands under slate grey skies and 20! hmm.

Edit: Sun's trying to break through now :lol:

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Blue sky's apart from the odd rouge cloud, and feeling warm in the sun here.

Temp 17.7c

Edited by Polar Maritime