Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What a difference compared to yesterday ! Today is stunning, WALL TO WALL sunshine from early morning Posted Image and my temp atm is 25.6c if it weren't for that slight breeze

it would almost feel HOT ! .... Now where's that BBQ Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some wispy high cloud here but predominantly clear blue sky. 26c

Posted

Lovey blue skies here Just a touch of the wispy stuff but nothing to stop them sunny rays coming through.

I see where Shrewsbury is having that "high mucky cloud around" problem on http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Lovey blue skies here Just a touch of the wispy stuff but nothing to stop them sunny rays coming through.

I see where Shrewsbury is having that "high mucky cloud around" problem on http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

The satellite pics make us want to weep, why does the useless pesky cloud just head straight for Shropshire again, and thicken out once it gets here? It's beyond a joke now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turned out rather hot this afternoon as it reached 27c. :D

Posted

FINALLY home after a day in a sweaty, airless trap of a room, been a fair amount of mid-high level cloud here anyway today, lovely and warm at the mo, 24c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not much mention on here of the potentially horrendous Fri-Sat period, could end up like the unforgettable events of 20-21st July '07, or child of nadine, 24th-25th Sep '12

but hopefully not as its not really mentioned anywhere on netweather, and not exactly FI,

Posted

A few days ago it was alot further west (the heavy rain that is) but over the last few days its transferred more and more over to the east of our region

and like you said "the potentially horrendous fri-sat " looks like being up north and moving over to northern ireland but how many times

we've seen that changePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Yuck the weekend really looks foul, the best days are always around Thursday's this year, a little earlier this week but next week once again shows pressure building through the week only to go downhill last minute hmm.

Posted

Hit 23.6 today and plenty of high cloud, But was very pleasant !!! Well rain and cooler temps for the next few days.... you can't win em all Posted Image

Posted

Was lovely and sunny on lunchbreak, around 21.5c and good spells of sunshine, typical though cold and grey once 5pm hit, in fact its only 14.9c at the minute!!! 

Posted

Blimey 14.9c still 20.7c here, I see what you mean.... You can clearly see them cooler temps coming down from the N/West.

Posted Image

SORRY this map as live temps and does not denote what the temps was when first posted.

Posted

Cold, damp and grey start, I would say Autumn's arrived but about 25 out of 31 mornings were like this in August anyway :lol:

Dodged the worst of the rain though thank goodness, looks like most of the rain will stay over Wales this weekend now leaving it just cool and cloudy, i'm going to hold on to my hope of a Mid September warm spell that the GFS has.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Was lovely and sunny on lunchbreak, around 21.5c and good spells of sunshine, typical though cold and grey once 5pm hit, in fact its only 14.9c at the minute!!!

I thought that the sun normally makes a belated appearance after 5 Conor?

Posted

Nice to see rain after it's been dry for some time now, The garden certainly shows that and yes what certainly show today is them temps, Still at 12.5c here Posted Image

Posted

Back in Falmouth now so thankfully dont need to endure the moaning in this thread till Christmas anymore hehe. Will pop in now and again but for now, enjoy your cloud folks. :lol:

Posted

Back in Falmouth now so thankfully dont need to endure the moaning in this thread till Christmas anymore hehe. Will pop in now and again but for now, enjoy your cloud folks.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image ...... Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Just nudging 28C expect a degree or so higher tomorrow...

Lovely Posted Image

Looks like the best i've had today is 12.8c Posted Imagehttp://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/coleshill_latest_weather.html

Rain as stopped and the sun as shown it's face for all but two mins and it's now at 14.1c at 17:25.

Posted

I thought that the sun normally makes a belated appearance after 5 Conor?

It was when I was on my holidays, opposite now I finish at 5pm everyday :lol:

Coldest day in some time today, max of just 13.8c.

Posted

What an exciting first day back in Falmouth! Some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen which didn't stop for 30mins, hail, thunder, lightning, road flooding. And it's pouring again now!

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

What an exciting first day back in Falmouth! Some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen which didn't stop for 30mins, hail, thunder, lightning, road flooding. And it's pouring again now!

Wrong thread! was horrendous today for a time

Posted

Wrong thread! was horrendous today for a time

Nope I meant to post it in here to show the comparison with the uninteresting Midlands! :p

Posted

Next Wednesday/Thursday already shaping up to be the best days next week yet again with the usual cool fest Saturday!!! that is some serious consistency with warm Thursdays and grey/cool Saturday's this year.

ECM seems to be moving towards the GFS idea of a mid month Azores ridge which is my current straw clutch for some last minute warmth, the 18z certainly knows how to get my hopes up with it's FI heat plume's!

Posted

To be fair we have had a fair share of good weekends this year too.