Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A rather cool 3.8C this morning at 7am — glad I lit the fire last night — first one of the autumn.

Posted

After some good spells of sunshine to start the day it's business as usual Posted Image

GFS continues to hint at possibilities of a mid month warm up though (and of course the guaranteed warm Thursday), just hope it materializes and last's at least into a Saturday for once.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just reached 12c here so far today.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, September 8, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, September 8, 2013 - No reason given

Brrr what a chill, 14.5c max today, dodged most of the showers though, clear spells and 8.1c now, roll on Tropical Thursdays! 

Posted

Managed to dip to 5.8c last night in the end! brr!!

Shockingly gorgeous morning thus far, chilly but very sunny! however the usual wall of cloud is now visible in the distance so i'm guessing it will be business as usual within the hour.

Update: And correct, now 95% cloudcover :lol:

Meanwhile the 06z continues to show a mid month warm spell :D

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperature fell to 5.4C here last night....

Autumn now underway.

Sunny up til now, but black bottomed cumulus clouds are now appearing in the South West.

Will they develop?

Temperature around 17C, but varying rapidly with the cloud cover. 

MIA

Posted

just a wall of black cloud moving up now woulden be surprised to hear some Thunder soon.

Edited by STORMGUY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Moderate rain going on here in Malvern at the moment. Grey and wet, was 9 C when I got up a couple of hours ago.

Posted

Luckily the rain in the west fell early in the morning, so dry by 10am and by 12 we were in the sun. Still quite cool compared with recent days though.

Posted

Truly attrocious charts/ downgrade's today, this is exactly why I only moan :lol: got all positive saying we'd get a last taste of summer mid month and now suddenly an arctic blast is on the cards instead :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Truly attrocious charts/ downgrade's today, this is exactly why I only moan Posted Image got all positive saying we'd get a last taste of summer mid month and now suddenly an arctic blast is on the cards instead Posted Image

I find it difficult to have much faith in mid-range forecasts when the weather on a Monday morning is so different to that forecast on the preceding Sunday evening.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Truly attrocious charts/ downgrade's today, this is exactly why I only moan :lol: got all positive saying we'd get a last taste of summer mid month and now suddenly an arctic blast is on the cards instead :lol:

but it could easily change again - the variability in the models is insane so it could change for the better still.

Posted

Cool, calm and generally cloudy today, maxed at 15.5c, charts have continued to back away from the 'warm spell', shame as it was looking pretty likely we'd see a lovely Indian Summer blast from the med or at least a good few days of high pressure, still some hope but looks like October storm Monday/Tuesday might of ruined things now.

Posted

Yuck, really soggy day with some heavier rain after 3pm, max of only 13.9c to! much better tommorow, 20c widely!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, September 14, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, September 14, 2013 - No reason given

Utterly atrocious yet again, nothing else to say really, dreadful month this is turning into.

Posted

After dull and damp morning some sunny spells at times this afternoon, still fairly cloudy but I've accepted my wishes for a clear day while there's any strength to the sun aren't going to happen now!

14.6c so another below average day, though feels a lot less cold without that breeze!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Its going to be one of those days tomorrow!!! I'm just staying in and cosing up on the sofa, Watching some tv and keeping warm.

Bar from the rain the wind is going to make it feel quite raw, Here i have a wind-chill factor of 2.7c Posted Image .......Now where is that tv guide !!!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=cold;sess=

Posted

Lovely end to the day, crystal clear skies, shame it took so long to get properly sunny, 8.6c now!

Seems to be at least some promise of better conditions by the end of the week/next weekend, hopefully the storm ends up further north like the JMA>

Posted

So what winds can we expect for tomorrow?

Probably 40-50mph gusts over alot of the Midlands

But the trees are in full leaf and the ground is wet, so there'll be trees down all over the shop.