Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yes I'm looking forward to the first bit of proper Autumn tomorrow, Winter's not far off :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not sure it will be a case of trees coming down, branches more likely.

Posted

That'll be the height of the winds when the rain band comes through this afternoon around 2-5 pm, But it will stay pretty blustery into the evening.

Looking at the radar it's starting to show now in the N/West of our Region

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Posted

Indeed Ex Humberto could benefit us next weekend by potentially dragging up warm air as it merges into the jet NW of UK:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4668-weather-guide-monday-16th-to-sunday-22nd-september-2013/

• Like 1

Posted

Big changes from yesterday..also mention of warmth in model-chat? Plenty to keep tabs on til Oct at least. Ex hurricanes can often throw up all sorts of possibilities!

I suppose it would be nice to have a last touch of the warm stuff, But to be honest i'm bored! All we've had for the last few weeks now is cloud and temps in the mid teens,

Like you mentioned lets have the odd Ex hurricane thrown into the mix and yes it could throw up all sorts of possibilities! Now that sounds more like it Posted Image

And i'm sure we'll have BISH back then Posted Image

Posted

Got down to 5.2c last night, today as always turns out in the end just another bog standard slate grey, windy day with not much rain either bar a brief heavy downpour on the back edge of the front.

Lovely GFS & UKMO for next weekend, perfect in fact! would bring some last minute Vitamin D top ups, and proper sunshine! in the meantime, zzz my worst nightmare charts for the time of year this week! sub 15c maxes belong to October - March only please.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Yes today was just like a normal wet/drizzly day with a bit of wind/breeze..... Well all because of the bbc weather, Even last Weds/Thurs they were hyping it up for this weekends so called storm,

I understand that they have to let us know that heavy rain and very strong winds could hit parts of the Uk over the weekend and the potential hazards that go with it.

But how many times do we get all the hype and then if not much/nothing, Its going to be soon like ' The boy who cried Wolf ' soon nobody is going to take much notice of the bbc,

I know there just covering there own back sides but you would think with all the big super duper tech they have they would get thing right 24-48 hrs before the event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yes today was just like a normal wet/drizzly day with a bit of wind/breeze..... Well all because of the bbc weather, Even last Weds/Thurs they were hyping it up for this weekends so called storm,

I understand that they have to let us know that heavy rain and very strong winds could hit parts of the Uk over the weekend and the potential hazards that go with it.

But how many times do we get all the hype and then if not much/nothing, Its going to be soon like ' The boy who cried Wolf ' soon nobody is going to take much notice of the bbc,

I know there just covering there own back sides but you would think with all the big super duper tech they have they would get thing right 24-48 hrs before the event.

Well it's not the BBC, it's the Met Office.

And yes, today was a big let down, a horrible day with barely a breeze. 

Posted

Tommorow will probably be much windier here with winds howling through the Cheshire Gap blasting the showers in, it's crystal clear at the minute though with barely a breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tommorow will probably be much windier here with winds howling through the Cheshire Gap blasting the showers in, it's crystal clear at the minute though with barely a breeze.

yeah horrid cheshire Gap day tomorrow, will likely be wetter than today for the north west

Posted

Well it's not the BBC, it's the Met Office.

And yes, today was a big let down, a horrible day with barely a breeze. 

The Met O have all the Tech but the BBC present the forecast and they tend to go over the top, Anyway sorry just had a little rant earlier Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

yeah horrid cheshire Gap day tomorrow, will likely be wetter than today for the north west

Winds are just too westerly for a proper Cheshire gap effect. Showers will cut across from Merseyside-Manchester-into N Derbyshire and perhaps S Yorkshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Winds are just too westerly for a proper Cheshire gap effect. Showers will cut across from Merseyside-Manchester-into N Derbyshire and perhaps S Yorkshire

Hope so, just like the awful 20th Dec '09 where Stockport saw 1 foot, and me nothing

Posted

Cold and breezy this morning though a fairly sunny start, 6.7c.

Very promising charts this morning, don't want to get to excited for a few days though yet.

Posted

Autumn is a time of cooling and bloody hell did i feel it this morning at 8 am it was 7c and with that breeze it went straight through me,

LOVE IT..!!! First proper recognized cold air that made me BRRRPosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Not as eventful as I thought it would be today, just a few light showers and sunny spells, max of 13.0c, breezy but not to gusty.

Charts continue to look brilliant for the weekend, keep it up please, one last Vitamin D charge up is needed!

Posted

Rain just arriving here — some not reaching the ground despite the radar.

Posted

Another typical Telford day today, sunless and damp, did have some heavy rain around midday to but mostly light drizzly stuff, max of only 10.3c!!

Going to be quite the shocker when it's over double that this weekend! stunning charts, such a relief after the depressing muck we've had since...well 3rd August really :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hello *sticks head round corner* just thought I would pop in and see what's going on in this region as I will be visiting Birmingham this coming weekend.... I'm hoping for sunshine from Friday to Sunday Posted Image

Posted

Another typical Telford day today, sunless and damp, did have some heavy rain around midday to but mostly light drizzly stuff, max of only 10.3c!!Going to be quite the shocker when it's over double that this weekend! stunning charts, such a relief after the depressing muck we've had since...well 3rd August really :lol:

Hardly typical, with a max of just 11c it was the coldest Sept day in Coventry since 1983.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hardly typical, with a max of just 11c it was the coldest Sept day in Coventry since 1983.

That's quite impressive!Here, the max' of 9.3c yesterday was 0.5c higher than the max' of 8.8c on the 25th September last year.That said there have been only 7 other Septembers in the last 35 years with a lower max' than yesterday ( and one other equal to it). Lowest of all was 7.8c on the 27th in 1993. Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1