Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

So humid, very still with a slate grey sky here, 22oC. Not a drop of rain as yet.

Posted

Light rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Really warm today up to 24c. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very oppressive here at the moment, bit of a downpour not long passed through. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Posted

Really warm today up to 24c. Posted Image

You have to be kidding me :lol: I swear in the same way Shropshire has a sun shield, you guys have a heat dome :lol:

20c max here, a truly dark and miserable day with not even one break in the clouds!, thundery looking skies all day but mostly dry until around half 4, raining steadily again now.

Thank goodness bar Tuesday it's finally looking much better next week, low 20's and plenty of sun..in fact I don't want to jinx it Posted Image.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

21.3°C max today, very wet tomorrow i feel, but next week summer back, this summer could have a long way to go, express likely say, hottest september in years coming up!

Posted

21.3°C max today, very wet tomorrow i feel, but next week summer back, this summer could have a long way to go, express likely say, hottest september in years coming up!

Whenever I see an Express frontpage headline, I tend to believe the opposite of whatever it states.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Dry most of day, despite radar indicating otherwise. Some heavy, but short-lived downpours tonight, but no thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

You have to be kidding me Posted Image I swear in the same way Shropshire has a sun shield, you guys have a heat dome Posted Image

20c max here, a truly dark and miserable day with not even one break in the clouds!, thundery looking skies all day but mostly dry until around half 4, raining steadily again now.

Thank goodness bar Tuesday it's finally looking much better next week, low 20's and plenty of sun..in fact I don't want to jinx it Posted Image.

Nope, just about 24c though. Was very humid despite the cloud. Did turn dark very early tonight though. Rather misty too.

Posted

Other than a few spits and spots mostly dry here, but disappointingly overcast since mid-afternoon. It got up to 26C at 1pm, then fell to 22C by 3pm under the cloud. Could have been a very warm late August day otherwise.

Something would have to come alive on the radar, and I can't see it. BBQ on tomorrow I reckon. Models and forecasts have struggled with this, nowcast says to me it might be mostly dry tomorrow afternoon. Still potential for convergence, sitting over Coventry - but nothing happening. If in the morning the winds are westerly and its dry, I think the BBQ is on!

Posted

Not much happening here right now, a short shower earlier but relatively quiet ever since. Looks like the rain is starting to pep up in the west of the region however.

Bish

Posted

Pep up it did..pep down too. Not even a single solitary pip...

Same here, dry as a bone and now the worst of the rain has moved away, unless it's due to 'back build' or rotate back? 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Really the radar shows hardly anything over you last night and this morning?

Posted

Just not showing up on the radar then pretty empty your area since 3am

Posted

Same here to, that heavy fine drizzle all morning and rather misty, all change tomorrow after some morning north sea muck!

Edited by conor123

Its been raining all night and is still going now, absolutely vile weather. Not more than 4 hours sun on any day since Tuesday, very poor forecasts and the lousiest hot spell in a long time.

Yes it hasn't been as promising as some in MD were saying just over a week ago, time to change thoughts to Autumn now, real heat is very hard to achieve from now, just look at the past few days away from the SE, nothing special temperature wise and the airmass was very warm too showing you the effects the longer nights are already having.

Just murky and drizzly here, awful weather and unpleasantly humid too, give me a crisp winters day anyway at least you can get things done without sweating and having a headache like you do from this weather.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

No rain here this morning during daylight, anyway, just grey skies and a breeze. Not the nicest of days, really.

Posted

Well the weather really has taken the jaffa cakes today literally. 20 miles west and it was dry. 40 miles east it was dry. Just as it looked like drying out it came again. Stuck under a N-S conveyor belt of wet. Bah.

Posted

Mild at best today. Annoyed to see how much cloud tomorrow will now see. Monday looks good though. Pretty much everywhere suffers more cloud tomorrow, except Cornwall!!! Cant wait to get back there. At least there will have some of the best sun amounts over Winter too! :D

Posted

Grey, cool andannoyingly windy- its like October today. Why have they got it so wrong this week, changing the forecasts at the last second most days? Miggt have known Shropshire would just get cloudy rubbish!