Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think you're quite correct, there. That rain is very light and is not making much progress towards, here. Nothing much to get excited about, either. A very cloudy and uneventful day, tomorrow.

Perfect for going back to school then? The number of days I stared out the window when the weather turned interesting is countless lol.

Guest William Grimsley

Perfect for going back to school then? The number of days I stared out the window when the weather turned interesting is countless lol.

Pretty much. Yeah I stare at the windbreakers visible to the W of the Geography room when it's windy. I love to see them bend. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pretty miserable day here with persistent quite heavy rain. May clear this afternoon though. Feeling chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just shy of 10mm of rain fell from yesterday's showers, the garden certainly appreciates it. Posted Image

19C here at the moment with blue sky littered with Cumulus. It does look as though there are a few showers heading this way from the North West though..

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hi all

With Winter looming I am going to invest in a weather station, this being my first Weather station, I've nothing to compare it to.Can anyone advise of a decent weather station, I don't want to spend millions, but I want a decent and accurate one that will give me and fellow enthusiasts as much data as possible!!

Thanks in advance

Karl

Posted

Turning into a lovely afternoon now after a dull morning with drizzly showers and then an early afternoon downpour.

Hi allWith Winter looming I am going to invest in a weather station, this being my first Weather station, I've nothing to compare it to.Can anyone advise of a decent weather station, I don't want to spend millions, but I want a decent and accurate one that will give me and fellow enthusiasts as much data as possible!!Thanks in advanceKarl

Hi Karl have a look at Oregon weather stations.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi allWith Winter looming I am going to invest in a weather station, this being my first Weather station, I've nothing to compare it to.Can anyone advise of a decent weather station, I don't want to spend millions, but I want a decent and accurate one that will give me and fellow enthusiasts as much data as possible!!Thanks in advanceKarl

Agreed with Andy. I used to own a WMR 200 and it was fantastic although i upgraded to a Davis Vantage Vue. I see a WMR 300 is now available from Oregon and personally, i think it's better than the Vantage Vue but it comes at a price. Oregon's cannot be beaten for low to mid-range prices, they will perform better than the Watsons or the stations from Maplins etc ..

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Agreed with Andy. I used to own a WMR 200 and it was fantastic although i upgraded to a Davis Vantage Vue. I see a WMR 300 is now available from Oregon and personally, i think it's better than the Vantage Vue but it comes at a price. Oregon's cannot be beaten for low to mid-range prices, they will perform better than the Watsons or the stations from Maplins etc ..

Yeah, Oregon or Davis if you want to buy a weather station. If you're a amateur choose Oregon but if you want to spend your money and you want to buy a very reliable and accurate weather station, choose Davis.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Mine's quite inexpensive, but when calibrated correctly, it's very accurate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Me and my fine offset wh1081 running Cumulus is doing me okay from Maplin..it is what the pocket can afford.

New rain gauge reading today of 0.6mm. Temperature 16.1c . Humidity 68%. Pressure 1018.1 hpa. Breeze Northerly 11.2 km/h.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah, Oregon or Davis if you want to buy a weather station. If you're a amateur choose Oregon but if you want to spend your money and you want to buy a very reliable and accurate weather station, choose Davis.

Have to agree. Oregon have brought out a new station that can be linked to your iphone using an app. Pretty good for the ameteur! > Oregon Anywhere Weather Station

• Like 1

Posted

Have to agree. Oregon have brought out a new station that can be linked to your iphone using an app. Pretty good for the ameteur! > Oregon Anywhere Weather Station

I like it, but ....

I'd probably prefer to spend a little extra to get one with a data-logger so you can have your own website. The Oregon app is only for Android and iOS, they don't think about the millions of others who prefer to steer clear of those OS's.

If you have a station that allows the transfer of data to your PC/Laptop, you can have a free website without doing any work by downloading Cumulus, you can check your weather from your browser wherever you are in the world then.

There's even free hosting sites now, they will allow the use of continuous data uploads from Cumulus without paying a penny. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I like it, but ....

I'd probably prefer to spend a little extra to get one with a data-logger so you can have your own website. The Oregon app is only for Android and iOS, they don't think about the millions of others who prefer to steer clear of those OS's.

If you have a station that allows the transfer of data to your PC/Laptop, you can have a free website without doing any work by downloading Cumulus, you can check your weather from your browser wherever you are in the world then.

There's even free hosting sites now, they will allow the use of continuous data uploads from Cumulus without paying a penny. Posted Image

More info can be found here - http://sandaysoft.com/products/cumulus

• Like 1

Posted

As early Autumn days go you can't get much better than 19c with sunny spells, scattered Cumulus and Cirrus. There's a gentle NW breeze and a few showers towards Bristol on the radar which may prevent a dry day for my town in the next few hours.

Posted

After yesterdays heavy showers today is much quiteter, dry with sunny spells. Temperature is currently 18.7C.

Posted

Cloudy. N. Easterly breeze 13 km/h. Humidity 56%. Temperature 16.8c.

Guest William Grimsley

Thanks. That's pretty cool I know Davis have a WL app but I use Cumulus, I wish there was an app for that. Yeah it is!

I've noticed the wind, today. It's quite strong for the time of year. There are lots of leaves and twigs off the oak trees which are all over the driveway, here. High Wind Gust Today: 17 mph 15:40. Note: The anemometer is sheltered from the WNW, NW, NNW, N and NNE, so reported wind speeds will be lower than actual from that direction.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

..Sunny intervals. North Westerly breeze 7.2 km/h. Humidity 58%. Temperature 16.2c.

Posted

Today.. Temperature 16.4c. Humidity 64%. Dew point 10.9c. Rainfall 00.00 mm Pressure 1024.5 hpa.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

According to the NW radar, it should be raining here, but it's not. 

Posted

According to the NW radar, it should be raining here, but it's not. 

The exact same thing here, an hour of rain according to the radar but nothing falling.  It's happned a lot recently, it's probably down to evap but last week, the accumulation postcode zoom map suggested that between 8 and 16mm fell here, i only recorded 1mm, that's quite a way out. lol

Posted

Yes but the radar isn't to know it's not reaching the ground!

There have been a few sharp showers in Warminster in the last hour as the brighter radar colours moved over