Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Guest William Grimsley

even seen trees showing presumed drought stress in some places.

Like the Silver Birch. :(

It continued to rain last night, here. Rainfall Yesterday: 5.4 mm. :D

26.6mm as of 11:30. Might not seem like that much, but that makes it the wettest day of the year here.

Edit: 26.8mm for the day.

Lucky!

Posted

Like the Silver Birch. Posted Image

Yeah it could be, many seem ok, but some young ones or recently planted ones and even some older ones I've seen showing signs.. for example the other day I saw some beech trees with orange/brown leaves, shouldn't be like that already!

Guest William Grimsley

Yeah it could be, many seem ok, but some young ones or recently planted ones and even some older ones I've seen showing signs.. for example the other day I saw some beech trees with orange/brown leaves, shouldn't be like that already!

Yeah, they do, the silver birch I was talking about is about 50 years old I think but even the 2 year old birches we have are showing drought stress. It is interesting the beech trees are showing drought stress, too.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cloud is taking along time to clear today although it is starting to break a little.

Quite a chill today and should be a nice chilly evening with clearing sky's, 5c tonight maybe? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cloud is taking along time to clear today although it is starting to break a little.Quite a chill today and should be a nice chilly evening with clearing sky's, 5c tonight maybe?

Quite possibly;post-12721-0-50478800-1379154896_thumb.jTake a degree or two off those values too for more ruralised and sheltered locations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloud is taking along time to clear today although it is starting to break a little.

Quite a chill today and should be a nice chilly evening with clearing sky's, 5c tonight maybe? 

Quite possibly;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Take a degree or two off those values too for more ruralised and sheltered locations.

lol - I've mentioned pretty much the same in my status on here, i'm off for a night fish later and it does look particularly chilly. TIGHT LINES!! Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Well, it's the calm before the storm today. Light NNW winds and feeling cool. A rather autumnal day, here. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Today is my ideal early autumn weather but I am not looking forward to working Sunday its going to be nasty. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Today is my ideal early autumn weather but I am not looking forward to working Sunday its going to be nasty. Posted Image

I'm the opposite I can't wait till tomorrow. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I think tomorrow is going to suprise some people.

Yes, it will be breezy but it sure isn't going to be stormy down our part of the world, especially away from north facing coasts.

It's also going to be wet into the afternoon etc, but again, nothing abnormal. A wet and breezy day will sum up tomorrow, nothing like what Scotland face.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

I think tomorrow is going to suprise some people. 

Yes, it will be breezy but it sure isn't going to be stormy down our part of the world, especially away from north facing coasts.

It's also going to be wet into the afternoon etc, but again, nothing abnormal. A wet and breezy day will sum up tomorrow, nothing like what Scotland face.

I think the same but it is going to be the windiest and wettest it has been for a while.

I think you mean S facing coasts. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

15.9c Here.. Some breaks in the cloud.. Hoping for clear skies tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I think tomorrow is going to suprise some people.Yes, it will be breezy but it sure isn't going to be stormy down our part of the world, especially away from north facing coasts.It's also going to be wet into the afternoon etc, but again, nothing abnormal. A wet and breezy day will sum up tomorrow, nothing like what Scotland face.

Yeah!

I don't really know why so many members are posting about tomorrow and saying that it will be stormy down the south.

It will just be windy at best inland with maybe gale to severe gale force gusts in exposed areas.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

I don't really know why so many members are posting about tomorrow and saying that it will be stormy down the south.

It will just be windy at best inland with maybe gale to severe gale force gusts in exposed areas.

It won't be as stormy as much but it will be the windiest and wettest it has been for a while.

Yeah I'm near the coast so the high gust tomorrow will be something in the range of 30 - 40 mph, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The gales aren't supposed to arrive in our neck of the woods until Sunday night/early Monday anyway, and even then they shouldn't be severe. The fact it will be wet and windy in itself will be change and slight shock to the system.

Nice day at Tyntesfield today, warm when the sun was out but definitely a chill in the air when the clouds went over it. Grass still on the browner side but that should change over the next week! Also the first autumn colours are showing themselves amongst the otherwise greenery. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Guest William Grimsley

The gales aren't supposed to arrive in our neck of the woods until Sunday night/early Monday anyway, and even then they shouldn't be severe. The fact it will be wet and windy in itself will be change and slight shock to the system.

Yeah, I doubt the wind will be damaging. The high wind gust tomorrow will be 30 - 40 mph which is hardly damaging. The damage will be leaves, twigs and a few branches, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Really quite nice Saturday was here in Fal. Warm in the sun. Cool now but here in SW Cornwall we seem to be one of the warmer spots in the region if not England tonight except coastal NW England.

Edited by Blizzards