Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Guest William Grimsley

There are some lovely lines of altocumulus castellanus clouds just to the W, WNW and NW. I can see 3 rain shafts. 2 in the SW and 1 in the WSW of, here. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

I had the pleasure of watching the fog and low cloud clear twice today! Firstly at home in Warminster around midday to 13.00 and then in Westbury an hour or so later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

First morning for quite some time, where the sun has actually been shining from the word go. Currently 15.2C - If the dew dries up on the grass, i might give it a final cut for this year. :) 

Posted

I  have a small dilema .. I was thinking of going for a night fish at the beach later, Wave 105 keep harping on about rain, the BBC site has no indication of any rain, neither does the South Today forecast. I've just had a gander at the radar and i see some PPN in the South West, moving in this general direction. The NAE precip chart shows an area of rain creeping this way this evening, so i don't really know whether to go and dig some raggies or not? Could someone with access to the NMM give me an idea of what that has in store? It'd be muchly appreciated. :) Posted Image

Posted

A beautiful day after fog cleared quite quickly this morning, the sun is quite hazy due to Cirrus and Altocumulus but the temperature is a lovely 22.7c so I wonder how much more it will rise before cloud from showers to the SW encroaches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I  have a small dilema .. I was thinking of going for a night fish at the beach later, Wave 105 keep harping on about rain, the BBC site has no indication of any rain, neither does the South Today forecast. I've just had a gander at the radar and i see some PPN in the South West, moving in this general direction. The NAE precip chart shows an area of rain creeping this way this evening, so i don't really know whether to go and dig some raggies or not? Could someone with access to the NMM give me an idea of what that has in store? It'd be muchly appreciated. Posted Image Posted Image

NMM06z shows negligible ppn in your neck of the woods, just the chance of a few showers tomorrow daytime....saying that, it's only showing a rogue shower over Dartmoor as the only ppn in our region for 14z today...radar shows it's a bit out on that prog!

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fog all gone. Sunny...23.5c.. Humidity 59%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Raining steadily here atm. Humid though.

hmm.....quite a bit of rain to come for southern most parts by the looks of things....radar shows a finger of quite heavy rain stretching across south devon heading towards dorset/hants with a finger of more showery rain to the north of this over mid-devon and stretching into parts of somerset.....the whole area of rain is moving slowly ENE along the steering winds as a shallow trough continues to develop through the SW approaches and into the english channel

just to add, this can be seen on the sat24.com visible light imagery, as forcing is occurring along the south coast of our region, shown by bright cloud tops, with some embedded mid-level convection by the looks of things

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

There's some larg-ish convective drops of rain falling here now, quite few and far between though.  Things are on hold for fishing at the moment, i'll play it by the radar. :)

It reached 21C today,  4th day running of 20C and above, not bad for the tail end of September! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Foggy again here in Falmouth. Just wont budge recently!

Guest William Grimsley

Today, it has been breezy with drizzle this morning and heavy rain with mist this evening, here. High Wind Gust Today: 8 mph 11:48 High Wind Speed Today: 5 mph 13:13 High Rainfall Rate Today: 6.2 mm/hr 17:03 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.6 mm Rainfall Today: 2.2 mm.

Guest William Grimsley

started raining here in sunny Portsmouth very humid but lush seeing the rain. I like all weather types any thunder around ?

No thunder. But, there is some heavy rain around in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The mist/fog just wont budge. Drizzling again. Thankfully southern Cornwall and the Channel Islands look best placed for any thundery potential Friday night. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Been quite a wet early evening here but very warm for the time of year outside. 14.2c

Posted

Been quite a wet early evening here but very warm for the time of year outside. 14.2c

Come winter,  r rain.. is normally your snow,  Got your slopes set up for this year? p.s dont scare fergi of this year Posted Image.... lets get snowed in Posted Image

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

I've just got back from fishing, had a few moderate showers but nothing to ruin the night. It did go slightly misty due to no wind but the bonus was that the sea was like a mill pond, and this was right by the entrance to Poole harbour which is notoriously choppy. I got a 5lb mullet and a few 1lb bass for my troubles though, nom noms tomorrow! Posted Image

Currently 15.5C and a few more showers lurking. Night! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Wet start. Luverly juverly.

Posted

Wet start. Luverly juverly.

Yes it was rather grim out working in Bath! Not heavy rain but persistent drizzle/light rain. That narrow band of rain moved sooo slowly NNW, looking at the radar I estimate it moved 100 miles in about 8 hours!

12mm in my gauge from yesterday mid pm up to this lunchtime which was completely unexpected 24 hours ago!