Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

i am holding this because the low showing to our east is looking ominous for next sunday bottom right ukmo raw now at present this looks very windy

GFS latest run has it too:

Posted Image

Again more coastal, but not as strong (currently) as yesterday's events and further North:

Posted Image

But without overstepping things into FI at this early stage, Bonfire night might be one to watch if you plan on being outside:

80+ km/hr gusts would make for a bad firework display if they came off:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Can't get an intermediate map for Tuesday evening on ECMWF currently as it's too far out, but the pressure forecast at midnight shows it still could be windy in our region:

Posted Image

Posted

Sunday morning gusts according to MetO 5 day, which is as far as it goes currently:

post-6667-0-33445700-1383034654_thumb.pn

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/polegate-east-sussex#?tab=fiveDay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. Beautiful start to the day here. Crystal clear blue skies, but a chilly 9c.

Looks like I picked a great day to take off, to spend with my family....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Saw something amazing but scary on my way to the station this morning, we have to drive past a hill/slop that has trees on it (large ones) and all you can see now is stumps sticking up snapped.. All of them apart from 2-3 gone

Same thing happened in '87 to a plantation of pines across the track from me. I reckon it was a tornado as the same thing lifted the neighbour's chimney breast right off their roof. They weren't hugely tall but their trunks were the diameter of a steering wheel.

Posted

Morning all.  A pale blue sky in North Pembrokeshire with mobile cloud formations being delivered on a west north westerly, and noticeably cooler.  It will be bracing here on the north west facing coast, that's for sure.  Yesterday saw some heavy showers, a couple of which added some spice to an already entertaining walk along one of the larger estuary beaches.  We could see the showers out to sea, a painter's grey water washes on the sky that swept north eastwards chasing away the blue and testing our hardiness when they made landfall.  Driving back along the coast road with the Preselis to the right, dark skies behind them and Autumn coloured slopes sweeping upwards, a half rainbow flickered for a moment, faded and then as if shaking off shyness swept across the darkness in all its vivid glory.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning all.  A pale blue sky in North Pembrokeshire with mobile cloud formations being delivered on a west north westerly, and noticeably cooler.  

Morning Abs.

Much the same back here in the SE/EA this morning with a very sunny, blue sky currently over Mid Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Sunday morning gusts according to MetO 5 day, which is as far as it goes currently:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/polegate-east-sussex#?tab=fiveDay

Good Morning

Looking a bit windy again on the coast at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Beeeeeaaautiful blue sky here in Ippy but a bit chilly with a breeze. Bit different to yesterday, eh.

Hope you all have a good day. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, the sun is shining and will do till the end of the week, then it's time for another nasty low. Whether it's stormy again or not, it's pretty much guaranteed to be very wet :(

Posted

Good Morning

Looking a bit windy again on the coast at least

Morning!

Thankfully not quite as bad on current projections, one to still watch though and Bonfire night wants to be quieter than currently forecast I hope.

Nice bit of sun over the back here eh? 

Mornin each. 

Morning Grace!

Morning

Morning Matt!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning all. Lovely and bright here in East Sussex. Was a tad chilly when I first got up this morning. Temp was 5.5 Now risen to 8.4 and looks like being a fairly pleasant day. Hope everyone enjoys the calmer interlude before the next windy period. Thanks John for keeping an eye on this for us all.

Posted

Morning all.  It's a beautful morning here albeit a tad chilly.

Can't get used to the clocks going back, now waking up at stupid-o'clock. dammit.

AS I love your descriptive posts, just beautiful. You should write a book. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning,

Lovely day here in Brighton, lots of blue sky and a small breeze thats just enough to turn the stupid wind turbine that i can see from my office.

Posted

Morning All,

As others have posted, it's a lovely sunny morning here - all be it a tad on the chilly side but I guess that's to be expected this time of year!

I was in bed last night at 9pm, sleeping pretty much through till my alarm went off this morning - signs that I'm not as young as I once was when it comes to weather events happening over night into dawn!  Even this morning after all that sleep I still feel knackered Posted Image

And yes, and big thank you to those that understand and can interpret the charts to someone like me who only sees lovely colours and squiggly lines - your informative posts have been a godsend! Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Awwww., if we start having low after low I might need to start making my own Wine! I can't afford to stockpile EVERY weekend.

Spose I could try not drinking it all....

Very fresh and bright this morning, 11c. Saw some quite tall bubbly clouds out west when I took oh to work, might have a peep at the radar...

Have a lovely calm day everyone :)

• Like 6

Guest bjaykent

Good Morning all, lovely sunny day which will hopefully stay dry, nice autumnal feel now that we have lost the southerlies. Great ramping last night JP, think it cheered everybody up. Must admit enjoyed a much better night's sleep last night.

Hope everyone enjoys the much more usable weather today.Posted Image   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Fresh and bright this morning, which is nice.

I notice the storm yesterday, then strengthened and caused a gust of wind of 194 kmh (121 mph) in southern Jutland. The highest windspeed ever recorded in Denmark.

We suffered to a degree, but for the overwhelming majority, our losses were minor. Thank God the storm wasn't 10 / 15 hours later in its evolution when it crossed us.

http://cphpost.dk/national/storm-warning-lifted

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

Spose I could try not drinking it all....

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

managed to get into work today which is good. Still some trees down in the road to Stanmore tube....but a lovely morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Saw something amazing but scary on my way to the station this morning, we have to drive past a hill/slop that has trees on it (large ones) and all you can see now is stumps sticking up snapped.. All of them apart from 2-3 gone

Posted Image

Posted

just  took me wife  to   work plenty  of trees down  here in Ipswich ,nice and bright  but a stiff  breeze

Edited by tinybill