Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A beautiful morning here with sunny skies currently. Overnight low off 4.1c so a chilly one first thing. Recovering now and 10.4c. Brisk NW Wind however! Enjoy!

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

i  know its  a few  days ahead  i think heads up should  be  for us to keep a eye on  Nov  1,3,4,  could  get a bit   wet   and wind  might  come  back!!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Morning all.  A pale blue sky in North Pembrokeshire with mobile cloud formations being delivered on a west north westerly, and noticeably cooler.  It will be bracing here on the north west facing coast, that's for sure.  Yesterday saw some heavy showers, a couple of which added some spice to an already entertaining walk along one of the larger estuary beaches.  We could see the showers out to sea, a painter's grey water washes on the sky that swept north eastwards chasing away the blue and testing our hardiness when they made landfall.  Driving back along the coast road with the Preselis to the right, dark skies behind them and Autumn coloured slopes sweeping upwards, a half rainbow flickered for a moment, faded and then as if shaking off shyness swept across the darkness in all its vivid glory.

AS

Very poetic AS, obviously caught up in the vivid beauty of the area.  Think you may have a slightly rougher time the rest of the week than us, although some showers spotting the windows at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Good Morning to the lovely friendly SE thread.....it's a B.E.A. utiful morning in Horsham......long may this continue! Have good days all. 

Posted

this  from  another  thread start  batting  down again!!!

Exacta weather (James Madden) Has posted on his blog saying (See Below)

'Another period of very stormy weather and potentially damaging winds is also likely to develop later in the week and into next weekend, especially in some parts to the south and west of the country. Further gusts and severe gales in excess of 70-80 mph may develop at times, with the additional risk of further disruption to the country'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Power is still off here, (since 8am yesterday). However a mile down the road, there are houses with power. It seems to depend on postcode as they are in a different postcode! Day is very cool in comparsion to recent days, 7 C on car thermometer at about 845am. Thankfully sunny clear and dry so far,though clouding over now. I can hear saws in the distance and people are still clearing up around here. I have yet to tidy the garden of branches that fell. Luckily I had decided to move the car away from trees, so avoided car damage.Thoughts are with those who were not so lucky. Even though I am cold, without heat and power, I can access it a short trip away, and I still have four walls and a roof intact.  I don't much like some of the jokes about the storm, for some it isn't a laughing matter, however some humour is relative (in all senses). Yes, I suppose the northern part of the UK gets more inclement weather, and perhaps they are more prepared or used to it, and we in the south are not, etc. but it still is not nice to experience if you are less than accustomed to it. We can all joke and get hyped up for snow and storms and the like, be jealous if one place has it and another does not etc etc. However, I think one has to weigh up serious disruption/deaths/accidents for a particular event before making references to 'farts' from wherever and cynical disappointment and calling it humour. I could be so flippant to say that if there are no mortality reports, then laugh and be cynical as much as you like about how good or bad or far away the storm of any kind is. Otherwise, try to observe the general trend or tone of any subject in any thread and decide before you get clever at the keyboard. 

• Like 5

Posted

this  from  another  thread start  batting  down again!!!

Exacta weather (James Madden)

With those first two lines??? Posted Image

Posted

morning alll

all cleared from the weekend now ,cool morning ,broken cloud ,the odd ray of sunshine.that will do,takecare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Afternoon glorious sunshine in Oxford with some lovely cloudscapes SW with some big cumulonimbus clouds towards the m4 corridor. Temperature of 12.5c here

Posted

Power is still off here, (since 8am yesterday). However a mile down the road, there are houses with power. It seems to depend on postcode as they are in a different postcode! Day is very cool in comparsion to recent days, 7 C on car thermometer at about 845am. Thankfully sunny clear and dry so far,though clouding over now. I can hear saws in the distance and people are still clearing up around here. I have yet to tidy the garden of branches that fell. Luckily I had decided to move the car away from trees, so avoided car damage.Thoughts are with those who were not so lucky. Even though I am cold, without heat and power, I can access it a short trip away, and I still have four walls and a roof intact.  I don't much like some of the jokes about the storm, for some it isn't a laughing matter, however some humour is relative (in all senses). Yes, I suppose the northern part of the UK gets more inclement weather, and perhaps they are more prepared or used to it, and we in the south are not, etc. but it still is not nice to experience if you are less than accustomed to it. We can all joke and get hyped up for snow and storms and the like, be jealous if one place has it and another does not etc etc. However, I think one has to weigh up serious disruption/deaths/accidents for a particular event before making references to 'farts' from wherever and cynical disappointment and calling it humour. I could be so flippant to say that if there are no mortality reports, then laugh and be cynical as much as you like about how good or bad or far away the storm of any kind is. Otherwise, try to observe the general trend or tone of any subject in any thread and decide before you get clever at the keyboard. 

were  about  are  you  Ipswich  im over  the  east side  near the Orwell  bridge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all,

Beautiful day to have it off here - we've been out making hay while the sun sunshines (well buying coffee tables actually)

More wet and windy stuff to come though by the looks of it !

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all,

Beautiful day to have it off here - we've been out making hay while the sun sunshines (well buying coffee tables actually)

More wet and windy stuff to come though by the looks of it !

Well I never!  Are you making hay or rolling in it MK?  Posted Image

Edited by chilly milly
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

flying visit as I need to nip the the council before it shuts.  Been a better day here in the main, sunny at present, cooler mind but dry, 11.2oC

Posted

flying visit as I need to nip the the council before it shuts.

Give them one from me too then....

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well I never!  Are you making hay or rolling in it MK?  Posted Image

Best I don't mention all the banging and screwing then *whistling smiley thing*

It's a bit chilly this evening - I'm sure I heard the 'F' word earlier.....

post-10773-0-96415600-1383068565_thumb.jpost-10773-0-17382200-1383068581_thumb.j

....and it had nothing to do with the joys of flat pack furniture !

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Just biked home from work and its chilly.

Feels and smells like a winters evening.

Other half just made chicken wrapped in bacon, mushroom pizza and baby spinach, with glass of wine, ahh bliss :-)

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 4

Posted

Give them one from me too then....

Posted Image

might have missed a "to" out in my haste

EDIT: no it is there you scoundrel(sp?)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Just biked home from work and its chilly.Feels and smells like a winters evening.Other half just made chicken wrapped in bacon, mushroom pizza and baby spinach, with glass of wine, ahh bliss :-)

Sounds delicious!I am currently cooking garlic and oregano wedges, mustard grilled pork chops and a side of petits poi.It felt alot colder last night than it has of late, I think the slight breeze made it feel worse.

• Like 2

Posted

noticed I am "holier than" or similar for my posts in the Possible Storm Next weekend Discussion thread, been called worse :p

• Like 4

Posted

noticed I am "holier than" or similar for my posts in the Possible Storm Next weekend Discussion thread, been called worse Posted Image

Don't forget to polish that halo Jax!

It has certainly felt fresher today. I am determined not to put the heating on yet tho,

Posted

Don't forget to polish that halo Jax!

That x-box game box is gleaming now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Evening All. Taking my daughter to watch Maidstone utd play in the cup tonight. A little bit chilly ouside, i think i will make her wear her salopettes, to keep her warm. She's a footy nut, 8 years old and plays in a girls team. Could be the first night out with the wooly hat.

• Like 2

Guest bjaykent

noticed I am "holier than" or similar for my posts in the Possible Storm Next weekend Discussion thread, been called worse Posted Image

Hi Jax, if you've got that jumper on, best pull it over your head and hide Posted Image

p.s your reply did make me laugh yesterday, wasn't meant to be a command honestPosted Image

• Like 1