Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Bronchitis is slowly clearing today work actually let me have 2 days off!!! :0!! Will soldier in tomorrow and get things finished up for the weekend, but boy I don't want this again horrible!!! I have quit smoking because of it and now 5 days cig free :D

Called the bank and they said they can't ser any payments into my account so going to keep this one a bit shhhh ;)

Just cleaned the shed out lovely sunny day tad breezy mind..

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Morning peeps, So checked my bank account this morning and there was £100 more in there that I have no idea where it has come from.. There is no record on my statement either... Would advise staying out of the model thread today... it's going to get nasty....

Think it's mine!

Posted

Called the bank and they said they can't see any payments into my account so going to keep this one a bit shhhh Posted Image

Yes, best way. You've managed to keep it to just a few thousand members of NW so far!! Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Nice to see the majority of our region will be bathed in sunshine from cloud-free skies this morning

But not Benny Hill it seems....

Posted Image

Guest bjaykent

Just over you Robin!

post-16390-0-36637200-1384432758_thumb.p

GFS 6Z is a bit of a corker, typical model drama, everyone was praising the ECM and generally rubbishing GFS yesterday and today GFS is King again!

GEFS PB4 looks interesting and it not the only one in that run, just a ramp but while it's there, might as well show it!Posted Image  .

post-16390-0-43160900-1384433012_thumb.p

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=4&mode=0&carte=0

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

hey all how is everyone? nice to see the press is at it again! well its blimmin cold here! its taking me all day to warm up then its time to go out again!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

hI ALL FROM C wharf, its a tad chilly in our office today and that from someone at 41 years old who is always hot, ie me !!

Looks like the sun is making an appearance, nice.

Have a good afternoon all..Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

A beautiful day here in the City of London.

I'm still not getting the excitement about this cold snap next week. ECM doesn't look good great for snow in the South East, at best I can see it being marginal between Wednesday and Friday and those of us next to the coast in mid-November know that means cold rain. UKMO looks like a toppler at +144hrs. I think the best that can be said about GFS 06z is that it's hopefully picked up on a long-term trend, but base a forecast on it at this stage at your peril.

I'm not a mild ramper but I've seen people apply mid-winter logic to November charts before and then thrown their toys out of the pram when the cold easterly drizzle arrives.

Posted

Just over you Robin!

Always! Posted Image

To be fair, it's cleared up a bit now and the low sun is inhibiting my interweb browsing experience. The wind has also got up a bit and keeping things on the slightly chilly side. I guess that's a prelude to next weeks cold and it's just getting me used to that feeling again after a lovely warm Summer.

Let's hope we are in for a Winter like the 'olden days'...

Posted Image

http://wanderinggenealogist.wordpress.com/tag/pier/

• Like 5

Posted

Called the bank and they said they can't ser any payments into my account so going to keep this one a bit shhhh Posted Image

Thats okay though.. Because as long as everybody else BUT the bank knows its okay Posted Image Posted Image

Blimey, I wouldn't trust you with a secret Surrey.  How can the bank not know if you called them to query it ? Posted Image  There can't be many people in southern England who don't know about it now. Posted Image  Congratulations on the smoking though mate, I wish I could quit.

Bright and very breezy here today, 9.2c and winds gusting to 38mph. I was glad to hear Tom is ok, has anyone seen or heard Tamara ? I know she sometimes posts in the Mad thread  but thats a place I fear to tread to be honest.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :)

Quite a pleasant day here, if possibly a bit windy. Not especially cold here either; I guess that can wait until next week. :unsure:

Will have a peep in the Mad Thread now. I haven't enjoyed it too much there recently. One or two big ego's have appeared from hibernation recently. :( I get at least as much reading JP's posts here (and other contributors here too) and bits and pieces from the Strat thread. Won't be there long then. Posted Image

• Like 2

Blimey, I wouldn't trust you with a secret Surrey.  How can the bank not know if you called them to query it ? Posted Image  There can't be many people in southern England who don't know about it now. Posted Image  Congratulations on the smoking though mate, I wish I could quit.

Bright and very breezy here today, 9.2c and winds gusting to 38mph. I was glad to hear Tom is ok, has anyone seen or heard Tamara ? I know she sometimes posts in the Mad thread  but thats a place I fear to tread to be honest.

Cheers Fella Posted Image  Come to mine and I will give you Broncitits that will help, or how about this fact that my doc told me "1 year of smoking will take 5 years for your lungs to be back to normal, or if you smoke over 5 years 10-15 years for your lungs to go back to normal, and if over 60, they won't"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Really blustery out there today, not to bad when the winds not blowing though but that wind has a bit of chill to it.

Also I read this in the news today, I guess the more simple a design is the less chance of it going wrong.

British Scientists kill 507 year old clam that was born just before Michaelangelo started work on the sistine chapel in 1506!!!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/clam-found-off-iceland-was--oldest-animal-on-earth---until-british-scientists-killed-it-102135512.html#DaKFrOQ

Cheers Fella Posted Image  Come to mine and I will give you Broncitits that will help, or how about this fact that my doc told me "1 year of smoking will take 5 years for your lungs to be back to normal, or if you smoke over 5 years 10-15 years for your lungs to go back to normal, and if over 60, they won't"

My mother smoked for 20 something years, she gave up 12 years ago and hasn't smoked since. I think a majour part of that helped steer me and my sister away from smoking, never smoked in my life and I never will.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Always! Posted Image

To be fair, it's cleared up a bit now and the low sun is inhibiting my interweb browsing experience.

Tell me about it, I can't see a blooming thing in here!! Temp hasn't been above 11c today, nippy wind... 

Love the way the Media are wetting themselves all over again - wasn't it supposed to rain until Xmas?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi - thanks for asking after mePosted Image  I'm busy thinking about other things outside of net weather - looking to buy rattan conservatory furniture, making my indoor tropical plant garden bigger with extra planting boxes, taking surplus clutter to charity shops, having a lovely surprise hairdressing session arranged for me, thinking about my proposed catering business plan and more besides. Oh and yes I rather agreePosted Image I am keeping out of the MOD thread...the season for snow and frost may arouse interest but it makes that thread more and more off-putting with the mood swings and tribal one-upmanshipPosted Image  I think I will stick to the quieter times of year Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It's very cold outside now.

I think I might break out the coat tomorrow...

Snows coming...

• Like 1

Posted

^^^ I'll turn down your kind offer of bronchitis if you don't mind thanks Surrey and wish a you full and speedy recovery. I'm ashamed to say I've been a smoker for 40 odd years and the longest I've managed to quit was 3 months. That was following major spinal surgery and the accompanying bout of pneumonia which left me hanging in the balance for almost 2 weeks. I suppose I view life with a more fatalistic attitude since then.

The wind has eased slightly this afternoon and for the most part it's been gloriously sunny. Exactly the sort of day I would be sat in my car on the sea front at somewhere like Hastings gazing wistfully out to sea, with my favourite music playing quietly in the background as I reflect on the past and contemplate whether I should put salt on my bag of chips or just stick with my usual vinegar and pepper. Deep stuff eh ?!

post-10628-0-82200300-1384444186_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another sunny afternoon after a cold, damp and breezy start, really is starting to feel like winter is moving in now.  Still not fixed the outdoor temp thingy so no idea what the temps are/have been in the last 24hr, my computer one tells me 9oC.

Posted

Hi - thanks for asking after mePosted Image  I'm busy thinking about other things outside of net weather - looking to buy rattan conservatory furniture, making my indoor tropical plant garden bigger with extra planting boxes, taking surplus clutter to charity shops, having a lovely surprise hairdressing session arranged for me, thinking about my proposed catering business plan and more besides. Oh and yes I rather agreePosted Image I am keeping out of the MOD thread...the season for snow and frost may arouse interest but it makes that thread more and more off-putting with the mood swings and tribal one-upmanshipPosted Image  I think I will stick to the quieter times of year Posted Image

Hi Tamara, glad to hear you are well. The indoor tropical plant garden sounds nice and I wish you good  fortune with your catering business. Hopefully HBC have been more supportive of your venture lately. Did you happen to watch the Stautus Quo documentary and Top of the the Pops Quo special on BBC2 last weekend ?  'Twas a pleasant way to while away a couple of hours. Posted Image

Remotely back on topic, the wind has dropped as the sun slowly sinks toward the horizon so it could be another photogenic sunset this evening.

• Like 1

Posted

Snows coming...

That's of course true (eventually), but when, is the imponderable......

• Like 1

Posted

That's of course true (eventually), but when, is the imponderable......

Now that looks like it should be a made up word but I like anyway.

Posted

ACK! I have to go out and visit the bank, need to see how much I haven't got as car petrol light came on today (bugger!)

Posted

ACK! I have to go out and visit the bank, need to see how much I haven't got as car petrol light came on today (bugger!)

Don't worry, Surrey can flash the cash at the moment, but don't tell a soul about it ok? :winky:

• Like 5