Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, it was a good sunset. I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I missed the 'blood red' sunrise on Monday though. I thought it'd be good, but dozed off at the wrong time. Then people said how good it was in my area and I saw the Chris Bell photo too. :(

Guest bjaykent

Yes, it was a good sunset. I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I missed the 'blood red' sunrise on Monday though. I thought it'd be good, but dozed off at the wrong time. Then people said how good it was in my area and I saw the Chris Bell photo too. Posted Image

Hi Steve I think you have won the sunset photo competition hands down today! Was a great sunrise here Monday, unfortunately I was driving at the time, so couldn't get any photos.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hi Steve I think you have won the sunset photo competition hands down today! Was a great sunrise here Monday, unfortunately I was driving at the time, so couldn't get any photos.

I was about to post the same for tonight's sunset, saw it as driving home thinking *bugger* that would make a cracking photo.

• Like 1

Posted

I think having a digital SLR and a good location, with a distant horizon, gives me a big head start though. Posted Image I like seeing everyone's photos personally too.

Posted

I think having a digital SLR and a good location, with a distant horizon, gives me a big head start though. Posted Image I like seeing everyone's photos personally too.

What DSLR do you use? (it is on my wish list if I ever get the money)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right, that's it, I'm cracking out the winter jumpers and boots.Winter has now officially begun. I don't agree with all this calender  'Official start of Winter/Autumn/Summer/Spring'.

From now on the seasons shall begin thus:

Spring - The heating goes off.

Summer - the first day the flip flops come out

Autumn - the first time you say 'ooooooh, I can't believe how dark it is already!'

Winter - the winter jumpers and boots come out.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 6

Posted

Right, that's it, I'm cracking out the winter jumpers and boots.Winter has now officially begun. I don't agree with all this calender  'Official start of Winter/Autumn/Summer/Spring'.

From now on the seasons shall begin thus:

Spring - The heating goes off.

Summer - the first day the flip flops come out

Autumn - the first time you say 'ooooooh, I can't believe how dark it is already!'

December - the winter jumpers and boots come out.

Winter for me started on the first of this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nice sunset here too but I wasn't really anywhere to get a decent shot, it felt really cold coming out of the Xscape building and walking back to the car tonight, silly me left my coat in the car....

I've had a girlie afternoon with one of my bezzie mates we went to out for lunch and to see Philomena at the cinema, the film was good but I think we were the youngest two in there by about 30 years, never mind orange Wednesday it was more like silver Wednesday, they all got out sandwiches and flasks too !!

We were just glad they all made it through the film alive, I did think one old boy had died mid film but he was just asleep thankfully Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I see the newspapers have been ramping up dire warnings again...the Daily Excess was predicting heavy snow across the country for November..hmmmPosted Image   And now I have heard the Daily Wail is warning of a December Snowmaggedon.... We shall see Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmmm, Here comes winter...... It all starts next week..Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

UKMO +144 is a beaut though it would probably bring a wintry mix south of the midlands and rain near the coasts. Hopefully Further troughs will introduce progressively colder air masses after that. 

I don't think ECM is offering anything more than a brief cold snap. There's a lot of mild air embedded in the Easterly by +240hrs. It's going to have to be colder than that for snow in the SE in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I see the newspapers have been ramping up dire warnings again...the Daily Excess was predicting heavy snow across the country for November..hmmmPosted Image   And now I have heard the Daily Wail is warning of a December Snowmaggedon.... We shall see Posted Image 

Yes I noticed that too...but a 'Polar Plunge' would suit some of us just fine !

post-10773-0-22418100-1384370398_thumb.j

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442698/Britain-braced-for-Polar-plunge-as-cold-winter-freeze-takes-hold

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

What DSLR do you use? (it is on my wish list if I ever get the money)

Generally a Canon 7D, but I think any entry level Nikon, Sony or Canon DSLR would produce good images (probably at least as good as 7D, which is now several years old).

I think the control of depth of field / lens aperture, exposure time and the digital equivalent of film speed, gives big advantages over very portable cameras. I do think that ordinary cameras / cameras on mobiles can produce great landscape photos in good light though. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep....bring on the polar plunges! As long as I have plenty of ice-free water stored for my horses, I am ready :-D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Remember this. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78372-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-041113/?p=2828833

Is John Pike around, by any chance? Some serious RAMP charts (especially given the time of year and crap we've endured in recent weeks). Now at the cusp of FI and slowly coming into the reliable by say Friday and the weekend, we will know more then, that's for sure.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nice sunset here too but I wasn't really anywhere to get a decent shot, it felt really cold coming out of the Xscape building and walking back to the car tonight, silly me left my coat in the car....

I've had a girlie afternoon with one of my bezzie mates we went to out for lunch and to see Philomena at the cinema, the film was good but I think we were the youngest two in there by about 30 years, never mind orange Wednesday it was more like silver Wednesday, they all got out sandwiches and flasks too !!

We were just glad they all made it through the film alive, I did think one old boy had died mid film but he was just asleep thankfully Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Nah, are you sure you didn't spot this chap in there.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Remember this. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78372-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-041113/?p=2828833

Is John Pike around, by any chance? Some serious RAMP charts (especially given the time of year and crap we've endured in recent weeks). Now at the cusp of FI and slowly coming into the reliable by say Friday and the weekend, we will know more then, that's for sure.

He's down B&Q getting the snow shovels and rock salt for his ebay accountPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 7

Posted

hi all

im floating

going to run the 120 fax chart later to see whether it matches ukmo then 144 to see if ecm matches that

should give a reasonable guide to next week

hi chris

b and q have just ran out of anti freeze Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 6

Posted

hi all

im floating

going to run the 120 fax chart later to see whether it matches ukmo then 144 to see if ecm matches that

should give a reasonable guide to next week

hi chris

b and q have just ran out of anti freeze Posted ImagePosted Image

And back on the 7th you said the following. Regarding the 20th a darn good call JP. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78372-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-041113/?p=2828835

• Like 3

Posted

hi got to

forgot that one

heres a chart we do NOT want to see

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

snow nice

wind no

cue the daily exagerator to get the printers ready Posted Image

tiny concern here as has sort of been shown in a round about way other the last couple of days

not a big worry unless this shows in a more reliable timeframe though

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

hi got to

forgot that one

heres a chart we do NOT want to see

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

snow nice

wind no

cue the daily exagerator to get the printers ready Posted Image

tiny concern here as has sort of been shown in a round about way other the last couple of days

not a big worry unless this shows in a more reliable timeframe though

Now that would be a RAMP and a dozen if that did come off. In fact, like you, I noticed it hasn't disappeared from a couple of recent runs, so..................

In only four days time, the Fax Charts would be picking such features up. I'm liking the different scenarios being played out right now and will reserve judgement on snow probabilities until at least Saturday or later.

• Like 2

Posted

Does anyone have a good overview web site that lists the different charts/models that get produced and where they base their data off/companied behind them/historical reliability/etc etc - I'm quite new to a lot of the weather forecasting and wouldn't mind doing some research.