Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Nice sunny day here too. Posted Image

Unfortunately I'm trapped indoors, waiting for a delivery. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

First ice on the car for us too this year. It's the first winter in our new house - the last place in Chislehurst was an ancient cottage with no double glazing with heating from the dark ages and so basically we had to huddle around the log burner! Now we have heating that's only 2 years old and double glazing that's 3 months old and so it's nice and toasty :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Afternoon All. A lovely sunny day here! Had another frost this morning, air temperature reached 0.3c just before sunrise this morning. May pop out soon, better make the most of my day off!

Posted

Nice sunny day here too. Posted Image

Unfortunately I'm trapped indoors, waiting for a delivery. Posted Image

Parcels turned up, so I'm heading out! Posted Image Hazy here now, rather than deep blue skies.

I must admit though, the small lady, who knocked on my door, didn't look like a delivery driver. Posted Image She wasn't. The non / very poor English speaking delivery driver had delivered to the wrong address in another road! Posted Image She couldn't explain to him his mistake (or he didn't want to listen) Posted Image I had to drive to her address. I suppose I'm lucky she was honest, or I'd have had the reporting of non delivery / proof of delivery / new delivery rigmarole! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

This is more like it! Lovely combination of blue skies/sunshine and crisp air - only one thing needed to make it perfect winter weather... and yes, I see Metcheck are forecasting snow for me on Sunday 24 November. (Don't worry, I know Metcheck is rubbish and their forecasts never verify... but still, nice to see this early in the season.)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

HI all from the Wharf, beaut of a day.  Was foggy and frostsy first thing, beautiful. Happy Wednesday all ! 

• Like 1

Parcels turned up, so I'm heading out! Posted Image Hazy here now, rather than deep blue skies.

I must admit though, the small lady, who knocked on my door, didn't look like a delivery driver. Posted Image She wasn't. The non / very poor English speaking delivery driver had delivered to the wrong address in another road! Posted Image She couldn't explain to him his mistake (or he didn't want to listen) Posted Image I had to drive to her address. I suppose I'm lucky she was honest, or I'd have had the reporting of non delivery / proof of delivery / new delivery rigmarole! Posted Image

Steve, we has a small box which contained perfume thrown over the gates and by mistake the delivery drive also sent over a parcel for a number of houses down the road, he then left a note through the door asking if we could go and deliver it for himPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just 2 and a half weeks until Winter...scary how fast its all going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just 2 and a half weeks until Winter...scary how fast its all going!

Winter is coming, I can feel it, might take a bit longer to get down south but I'm sure it's going to get here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

It is really scary....I Fly off to Tenerife on the 17th December for christmas. The first time ive been abroad for over 5 years....So looking forward to it, but ive no idea how warm it will be....Anyone?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

It is really scary....I Fly off to Tenerife on the 17th December for christmas. The first time ive been abroad for over 5 years....So looking forward to it, but ive no idea how warm it will be....Anyone?

probably early twenties . I've been a few times in December & once it was 27 c but another time it was 21 c . Will be lovely & will warm your bones that's for sure ,lucky you ! On another note met check have got snow for me on the 31st January ,how an earth do predict this ? Hilarious
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

probably early twenties . I've been a few times in December & once it was 27 c but another time it was 21 c . Will be lovely & will warm your bones that's for sure ,lucky you ! On another note met check have got snow for me on the 31st January ,how an earth do predict this ? Hilarious

They have sleet for me on next wensday, otherwise 31st of jan also lol. What do you have on wensday?

Posted

They have sleet for me on next wensday, otherwise 31st of jan also lol. What do you have on wensday?

I had a look at Metcheck last night for a laugh they didn't have me down for snow next week but for mid Dec they had daytime temperature at -27c. I almost phoned The Daily Fail up so they could warn the residents of Hailsham!

• Like 6

Posted

I had a look at Metcheck last night for a laugh they didn't have me down for snow next week but for mid Dec they had daytime temperature at -27c. I almost phoned The Daily Fail up so they could warn the residents of Hailsham!

The village pond would make a good skating rink, but it would probably take 6 months to unfreeze at those temps!

• Like 1

Posted

The village pond would make a good skating rink, but it would probably take 6 months to unfreeze at those temps!

Would solve the problem of my muddy garden though Posted Image . Only trouble is the thawing out would be a bit messy!

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all. :)

Just had a nice, although not spectacular sunset here. Will upload one or two photos, if they are worth it later.

Has a feeling of the cold half of the year now, for sure.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to chilly northwesterlies. I like snow and calm crisp winter days and admit to liking the thrill of windstorms. Unfortunately snow and crisp days are usually very much in the minority and gloomy dross is often a default winter day. Doesn't help my mood. :(

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening all. Got off to a chilly start here today with -0.4c being the minimum but  that was followed by a bright and sunny day, with no wind and a maximum of 10.4c. Nice.

The Weather Channel app on my phone was forecasting 4c rain/snow for next Wednesday, but has since gone for mostly sunny with the same temeperature so a chilly week in prospect by the looks of it.

I hope everyone is well and your day has been a good one.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Late finish for me today, frosty start nearly hampered my arrival time to the orifiace  to start my shift, just squeaked in on time though, off out in a bit so willb e wrapped up warm for that as tonight looks like a repeat performance of last night.  Been a cracking day mostly, calm, dry, sunny but temps really did not want to rise much all day.

Enjoy your evening :)