Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Apparently Jonathan Powell has invented teleportation then. That's the only realistic way for that typhoon to reach us........

Actually, this needs correcting slightly as in the article, it's Leon Brown, Chief Forecaster from the Weather Channel who is making the statement and I quote:

Leon Brown, from the Weather Channel, said: “The typhoon will have an effect everywhere. “At the moment warmth and moisture is moving north into China so it will take a couple of weeks before it hits the UK. “We predict that it will change the circulation of the entire northern hemisphere.â€

What Jonathan Powell said in the article was:

Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: “We are looking at a potentially paralysing winter, the worst for decades which could at times grind the nation to a halt.“Cold snaps with very heavy snowfall are likely."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/350300/Backlash-of-the-Philippines-typhoon-is-set-to-batter-Britain-at-Christmas

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Actually, this needs correcting slightly as in the article, it's Leon Brown, Chief Forecaster from the Weather Channel who is making the statement and I quote:

Leon Brown, from the Weather Channel, said: “The typhoon will have an effect everywhere. “At the moment warmth and moisture is moving north into China so it will take a couple of weeks before it hits the UK. “We predict that it will change the circulation of the entire northern hemisphere.â€

I must admit I was going by the title. Hmmm I wonder if that is why the models are having problems with next weeks possible cold snap.

Edited by alexisj9

Guest bjaykent

Hi Robin, thanks for that, couldn't bring myself to go and read it, still doesn't improve Mr Powell's reputation in my book - from PWS to Vantage Weather and no doubt new company soon - How about 'Snow Fairies at the bottom of the Garden ltd' Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well i'm booking a family trip to lapland for new year 2015 in a couple of weeks!! theres over a foot of snow there already and yesterday the temp was already down to -16c.. ahhhhh lovely!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Well after this mornings dismal weather, I'm pleased to report the grey and drizzle is disapearing and being replaced with blue skies and sunshine Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Well after this mornings dismal weather, I'm pleased to report the grey and drizzle is disapearing and being replaced with blue skies and sunshine Posted ImagePosted Image

Ah good, can't wait till it gets here.

Posted

Ok the drizzle looks like it should clear off soon thank goodness, but wind seems to be taking it's place, I didn't expect it to get windy today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day here so far, lots of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

These "Journalists" need to be shot! So do the idiot editors who allow it to be printed.

Mother nature should sue them for Liable.....

Edited by lloydyd
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all - perfect day here....such a difference to yesterday - seems we've got the right day off again this week :-)

Off out to find somewhere lovely for lunch now followed by an afternoon stroll !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. Posted Image

I can see patches of blue sky, but it's still mostly cloudy here.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

Posted

GFS slowly teasing a few FI temp charts with near zero in some of our region in a weeks time:

Posted Image

Perhaps this is the slow turn of the corner into a colder period, more in keeping with mid November.

Posted Image

According to MetO, looks like the best the weekend through to Sunday midday can muster is 8°C, a bit down on the current 12/13°C so a trend to keep an eye on at last?

post-6667-0-44846000-1384263740_thumb.pn

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I just took a gander outside and something very odd is a foot.....Its dry!!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

dazzling sunshine for the drive home, but nice to see some dry sunny and calm weather, might be a bit nippy later, but as it is dry decided to wander to the next village for a while as they have a relly visiting from down sarf so thought I would go say hello.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well, it finally cleared up here about 2pm, but temps never recovered, currently just over 10c at the moment.

It has, however, allowed for  a very pretty sky.

post-15513-0-51439900-1384274172_thumb.jpost-15513-0-65488200-1384274222_thumb.j

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

From GFS, a brief northerly toppler, on about 20th?

None too exciting, but could give wintry precipitation near windward coasts. Posted Image Air looks briefly cold enough

post-11059-0-69181000-1384274833_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (-2) - Pretty dry

Temperature - (0) - Turning milder after a pre-christmas cold spell. Temperatures only look average though and may be colder in places.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Temps here to barely managed to make it to double digits and falling away fast now (methinks the frost cover for the car will be required tonight).

Posted

got to love gfs fi Posted Image

John, I have to say checking their 2m temps for about a week away they are at last calling cooler, more seasonal temps but I'm not sure if that's a real long term prospect or a temporary 'blip'?

Posted

Well, it finally cleared up here about 2pm, but temps never recovered, currently just over 10c at the moment.

It has, however, allowed for  a very pretty sky.

Photo gallery: Weather forecaster explains yesterday’s glorious Norfolk sunrise

One of the best images of yesterday’s display was captured by Chris Bell, a forecaster at the UEA-based Weatherquest, who said the old proverbs have more than a little truth to them. He said: “Almost all of these weather sayings started from something that makes sense. They don’t work every time, but on average there’s a reason why the saying is there. “People have seen over the years the weather patterns going on, and made a little saying out of it.†He said the key to yesterday’s glorious sunrise was a warm front approaching from the west, which provided the right structure of clouds for the sun’s light to reflect on as it rose in the east.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/photo_gallery_weather_forecaster_explains_yesterday_s_glorious_norfolk_sunrise_1_2991701

Might be part of the reason Jo?

• Like 1

Posted

hi coast

hope your well

sorry mate was referring to fi

i agree i also see cooler-colder conditions incoming as well

i think even ecm is not very reliable after 144 as well

they are good at trends though when used with the ensembles

the day they are reliable will make the model outlook very boring

this thread will be fine though Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1