Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=322&y=149&run=18&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

for now ignore the strength of the last gfs run

see how these ensembles are really struggling here

but still needs a watchful eye from a distance

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Anyone else worried about the Christmas period?

Only in as much as I haven't written a single card yet or wrapped up any gifts Posted Image

oh and i hate wind too Posted Image

I gave Tom something to help with that earlier..

post-10773-0-48452200-1386807755_thumb.j

....if you ask him nicely he might share some with you  Posted Image

Slight frost on the car windows but no fog here tonight....chilly 3 deg c and deffo time for bed ... night night Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear skies here this morning with a full blown air frost. Another morning of scraping the ice off the car.

Hardly mild isn't it :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Last night's beautiful white frost has gone.

Just 1C now, clear and damp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

What a lovely morning so white and crisp!

havnt seen frosts for years as its been so dry all the time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've just seen that Coast has posted exactly the same info., as I have above, on the Comet Ison thread a few days ago! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all. Posted Image

Morning Steve, Morning all.

A nice white frost on pavements and side roads first thing with temps hovering around zero or above. No real fog in the South of the county, but as I passed Lewes going North it was more pronounced with some areas quite thick with it.

A lovely sunrise starting now with low lying mist/fog swirling over the fields and hedgerows - but I forgot to put the compact camera in the car, so you'll just have to imagine it.

No time to stop and stare at the sky this morning, seems the engineering/manufacturing World has gone mad in the run-up to Christmas and everyone wants it now!!!!!

I've just seen that Coast has posted exactly the same info., as I have above, on the Comet Ison thread a few days ago! Posted Image

You've got to get up earlier than that Steve!!! Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Mornin all,

Another foggy start but nowhere near as bad as yest. Nice frost this morning with Ice on the car again....

Have a good un

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely crisp, frosty morning in Ippy.

Thanks for that info, Steve. I wondered where the Plough was. :) I dont think I'll be able to see Lovejoy then as I broke my (ancient) binoculars a while ago. Ah well....glad someone's seen him.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 6

Posted

Best morning of the winter so far in Bexley, very white and festive looking first thing.

I like itPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Best morning of the winter so far in Bexley, very white and festive looking first thing.

I like itPosted Image

Exactly my thoughts this morning too in Bexleyheath.  The frost was so heavy, it could have almost passed for a light covering of snow!  (even if it does mean our lovely council didn't send the gritting lorries round last night Posted Image )

Also not as foggy - more misty than fog this morning.

Have a lovely day everyone Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Here are a couple of photos from yesterday's sunset and today's sunrise. Nothing spectacular here, but quite pleasant. 

We are getting a few decent starts and finishes to the days recently, even if they aren't set against a white foreground!

• Like 1

Posted

We are getting a few decent starts and finishes to the days recently, even if they aren't set against a white foreground!

Yes, I agree. I'm wondering about tomorrow morning too, before the front comes in. Could be like Ison; spectacular or a bust. I'm leaning towards the Ison outcome, in my thoughts, but will be ready, whatever. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I had the camera settings completely wrong, as I'd left them set up for a previous photo.

The one of the boats looks like an oil painting.

Ive just bought a Fuji SL300, my first bridge (only had point n shoot) so im still getting used to shutter speeds, ISO settings and F numbers.....quite complicated really....

• Like 4

Posted

The one of the boats looks like an oil painting. Ive just bought a Fuji SL300, my first bridge (only had point n shoot) so im still getting used to shutter speeds, ISO settings and F numbers.....quite complicated really....

ISO setting is very straightforward. The lower the number, the better the image quality, but you need to expose for longer. Therefore in low light situations, where you can't hold the camera steady, or you've a moving subject, a low ISO number may be entirely inappropriate. :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning folks. Well its dull, damp, dark and dreary here today. I see frost was quite widespread across the region but suprisingly, despite the temperature falling as low as -3.3c here at 6am, there was not even a hint of frost or ice when I got up at 7am. Every surface was damp from the mist  and the temp was still below zero.

More photo's of London in the fog yesterday, some of which confirm my thoughts that the fog was moving around in what at times were quite shallow patches. 

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2013/12/11/23-dazzling-photos-of-the-fog-enveloping-london/

Have a good day.Posted Image

Edit: I really like that ghost boats photo as it happens Steve, very atmospheric

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 6

Posted

Still seeing references to that January may be widespread severe cold, amazing how relatively mild it is at the moment and how this can suddenly change.Day 13 of being bedbound, I can only be thankful that I stocked up on household goods, soups, etc just beforehand.Southernman could go and get more, but he is worried about leaving me for any length of time.Not too chilly in here so I guess it is fairly mild outside as well.