Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Posted Image 

post-15503-0-33866500-1386780495_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

True enough Tom, and the fog has been reluctant to clear all day in the general area of south west/west/north west London. Perhaps you can start a Fog Cup just in case we don't get any snow.Posted Image

Hi BB,

The stewards have just abandoned the racing at Kempton, due to the ongoing poor visibility. We still have floodlit racing at Dundalk and of course Champions League football, so I wont be sitting here twiddling my thumbs all night.

Good idea re. the Fog Cup, could be the only white we see this side of Xmas... or indeed a Wind Cup, I'm getting desperate now!

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This is what I did last Wednesday and I was glad I had my (fake) fur coat. I'm on the left in the cinema one and my FEPOW Dad (who's 95) is the gentleman seated on the right of Chelsea Pensioner in the group hotel photo. It's the Odeon Leicester Sq. première of The Railway Man with Colin Firth and Jeremy Irvine. Nicole Kidman was doing the Sydney première, so couldn't be at the London one.

It's released in the New Year and a real must see… very harrowing, but great.

And yes, we met them and yes they're both GODs and very nice men too… I haven't washed my right cheek or hand, because Mr Darcy kissed it before he got into his limo – he saw me and actually came back to do so!!!

Thanks John for providing the weather outlook for the 4th. You were correct, it was chilly but dry thank goodness. I know I'm boasting a bit and you'll all hate me, but couldn't resist. Posted Image

post-8078-0-45840300-1386781736_thumb.jp

post-8078-0-65157700-1386782862_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Another foggy night on the way for areas of south eastern England, so please take care and allow extra time for your journey tonight and tomorrow morning

Yellow Warning of Fog for London & South East England :

East Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Fog for East of England :

Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea, Central Bedfordshire & Luton

Fog patches will become more extensive again on Wednesday evening across parts of southeast England and East Anglia, becoming dense in places. Later in the night this will become more confined to higher ground across the region before clearing later on Thursday morning.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.

Issued at:

1530 on Wed 11 Dec 2013

Valid from:

1800 on Wed 11 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1000 on Thu 12 Dec 2013

Light winds and clear skies across southeastern areas overnight will allow fog to redevelop, becoming more widespread, with visibility falling to around 50 metres in places. Later in the night, winds will increase slightly, lifting the fog from low ground and bringing hill fog to areas such as the Chilterns and the North and South Downs.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=DB566435-812F-3276-7769-E238E751F210_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1386806400

• Like 1

Posted

I can confirm, that I traversed the entire M25 today, and apart from one 10 minute spell in the surrey hill's it's been dense fog all the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Fog never lifted here and much worse now.. Anyone noticed how "mild" it is.. Lol joke... What are those model thread peeps on?!

Out of the fog, temps have reached into the teens. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

All this talk of winter being far away and what did we have last night?

HEAVY frost, everything white and the park pond was frozen!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Gonna keep an eye on that one now. Posted Image Posted Image

It came in third Posted Image

What sort of coffee? i've been interested hearing about these cinnamon and gingerbread ones.

Just a latte earlier.....but there will be a shot of Baileys in the one I have when I eventually finish work tonight Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Okaaaaay...on a weather related note..its been pleasant and sunny day with clear skies. Hope they stay clear as I'd like to try and see Lovejoy. Posted Image

It'd be a hard spot at this moment, as it's low in the NW sky and won't be getting any easier this eve. You might be better off getting up early (6ish, as it's still 'pitch' dark then) and looking in the eastern sky. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Just been outside to try and spot the comet, but as my neighbours' house is lit up like a Christmas tree (oh wait...Posted Image ) I'm going to struggle. :angry: I swear I could nearly read by their decorations at night...

Going to drive somewhere a bit darker now...

A good idea is to download an app (look for sky map or similar) and the comet it currently located between the constellations of Hercules and Corona Borealis. As both of these constellations are faint, an app is a very good aid.

• Like 5

Posted

Well wasn't foggy here and looking at Met O, Herstmonceux topped out for the South East at about 11c

Fog cleared here about 2 pm. Bit of a bummer because the farmer was hoping to hold one of his shoots today, but great for the pheasants they were going to shoot at.

He's always moaning about our dogs disturbing them on walks and things, but doesn't realise they hang out in a neighbour's garden as she feeds them. If I go round for a coffee there's about 15 of them on her lawn waiting for their elevenses.

• Like 1

Posted

Thick fog stayed all day in Uxbridge, and all the way down the M25 and up the A3 home to Surbiton. Got out the car at 9.30am with 2 degrees showing on the car, got back in at 3.30pm with 3 degrees showing, arrived home with 1 degree. If this is mild, I don't think my heating will cope with the cold!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening. The fog lifted here at about 11 and then there was endless sunshine. Beautiful day :)

Definite chill in the air and I had to defrost the car this morning before work.

• Like 1

Posted

Once the fog cleared late morning, it was gloriously sunny in Archway, but the fog's already reforming here now.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Just been outside to try and spot the comet, but as my neighbours' house is lit up like a Christmas tree (oh wait...Posted Image ) I'm going to struggle. Posted Image I swear I could nearly read by their decorations at night...

A good idea is to download an app (look for sky map or similar) and the comet it currently located between the constellations of Hercules and Corona Borealis. As both of these constellations are faint, an app is a very good aid.

which comet??

because comet ison fizzled out after it went round the sun

Posted

Just been outside to try and spot the comet, but as my neighbours' house is lit up like a Christmas tree (oh wait...Posted Image ) I'm going to struggle. Posted Image I swear I could nearly read by their decorations at night...

Just been out with binoculars to a good spot. But there was a mist rising just where the comet would have been. Damn. Try again tomorrow. Early morning's no good as I reckon it will be foggy again.

Anyway I've done enough star watching for one week Posted Image

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Help, no sky broadband, major problems in SE London, so can't get my daily fix of weather news apart from on phone. Been foggy and cold between 2 and 3 in most of Essex only cleared when neared dartford around 5 this evening.

Posted

Just a latte earlier.....but there will be a shot of Baileys in the one I have when I eventually finish work tonight Posted Image

Nice. its interested me enough to look up some recipes online as to how to liven up the coffee, surprising how many different things you can add to it.

Posted

which comet??

because comet ison fizzled out after it went round the sun

I'm sure Coast has done this already...

post-11059-0-59873100-1386786607_thumb.j

I did spot it, but it was damned hard (with 10 X 50 binoculars!) Too much cirrus cloud, the great light polluter called Colchester to the west and the much waxing moon didn't help. :(

I'm going to get up early tomorrow and try and get a better view, if it's clear. At least the Moon will have set. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Tamarina,

Posso dire una cosa cara, non sei di nazionalità mista te stesso, compresa una parte Ebraico Dea?

Ciao bella,

Tomasino

You can get reported for making personal remarks like that Posted Image

I've got a craving for a Danish pastry this evening...wonder where that idea came from?Posted Image I have galaxy flake bars in the fridge though instead, so they should follow cottage pie very wellPosted Image

I hope you all realise that this time exactly 32 years ago it was snowing and it led on to Christmas having snow on the ground, even if there wasn't any that actually fell on the day...Posted Image Posted Image  Just to keep OT you understandPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 5

Posted

You can get reported for making personal remarks like that Posted Image

I've got a craving for a Danish pastry this evening...wonder where that idea came from?Posted Image I have galaxy flake bars in the fridge though instead, so they should follow cottage pie very wellPosted Image

I hope you all realise that this time exactly 32 years ago it was snowing and it led on to Christmas having snow on the ground, even if there wasn't any that actually fell on the day...Posted Image Posted Image  Just to keep OT you understandPosted Image

I'm a bit angry about this snow on Christmas day thing. I put a bet on it a few years ago and yes there was a big pink blob over the MetO roof in London at about 5:15 am on Christmas morning (I sent them the radar image), but William Hill didn't pay out.

They're swindlers.

• Like 2