Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Chris Fawkes just said possibly down to -5C in rural Kent / Sussex tonight. Crikey! Posted Image

GFS not showing it on their latest:

Posted Image

Neither does the latest MetO update, so maybe it's a localised thing or Mr Fawkes has more info to hand.

post-6667-0-48843500-1386682774_thumb.jp

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london-greater-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1386687600&map=ScreenTemperature&zoom=8&lon=-0.12&lat=51.51

Coastal temps way up over everyone else but strangely the temp on my driveway this morning was 3°C to 4°C lower than almost anywhere I drove across East to West Sussex (and I don't live in a hollow).

Edited by Coast

Posted

Overcoming my depression at lack of snow by surfing the webcams for pictures of snowy places! Been to Finland and Switzerland so far; might give some of the Canadian ones a visit next:)

Edit: just tried Whistler, but it's still dark...Posted Image

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Chris Fawkes just said possibly down to -5C in rural Kent / Sussex tonight. Crikey! :unsure:

Yes I just saw that ....what seems unlikely though is this .....

180mph wind to batter Britain as we face worst Christmas on record

BRITAIN is heading for its stormiest Christmas ever, with terrifying 180mph super-winds.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/354998/180MPH-wind-to-batter-Britain-foresees-worst-Christmas-on-record

.....the only super winds I can expect is from the consumption of too many brussel sprouts !

Overcoming my depression at lack of snow by surfing the webcams for pictures of snowy places! Been to Finland and Switzerland so far; might give some of the Canadian ones a visit next:)

Edit: just tried Whistler, but it's still dark...Posted Image

Excellent idea - and I've just added one of these to my Chringlemas wish list....

post-10773-0-89006400-1386683777_thumb.j

I think Percy pig might fly if we get terrifying 180mph wind ;-)

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted

i just read the mad thread

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

time for hoovering now

i know

if i get the shake and vac out i can pretend its snowing Posted ImagePosted Image

be back later for the 12z runs

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

GFS not showing it on their latest:

Posted Image

Neither does the latest MetO update, so maybe it's a localised thing or Mr Fawkes has more info to hand.

Posted ImageMet O temps.jpg

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london-greater-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1386687600&map=ScreenTemperature&zoom=8&lon=-0.12&lat=51.51

Coastal temps way up over everyone else but strangely the temp on my driveway this morning was 3°C to 4°C lower than almost anywhere I drove across East to West Sussex (and I don't live in a hollow).

Hot air an all that ........

Fog cleared here a couple of hours ago to that hazy light blue sky so if sky stays clear tonight can see another hard frost tonight round here.

• Like 1

Posted

Hot air an all that ........

Lots of that around my house! :lol: (even more so coming out of my office)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Being rather ancient, I can remember a couple of very mild Decembers..one where I was able to work with my horses wearing a T shirt and jeans !  These seemed to be a precursor to bitterly cold and snowy January and Februarys ...I am clueless about weather charts etc but it has happened in the past

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Afternoon all.

Very frosty and foggy this morning.

Was still only 2 c at 10 am.

Very seasonal looking.

Temps now climbed upto a balmy 5 c.

So this is 'mild' ??

Well doesnt feel like it thats for sure.

Anything below 10 c is cold in my book anyway .

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

The (GFS based) forecasts yesterday and today are saying like down to 5'C or so at night, but last night was below 0'C and I bet tonight is too.

The Daily star is amazing - OMG 180MPH WINDS, FLOODS AND -27'C IS ON ITS WAY! YOU WILL ALL DIE! ... oh, but and back to reality for 2 seconds, it's nice calm and mild out there 11-13'C for now.

Posted

The Daily star is amazing - OMG 180MPH WINDS, FLOODS AND -27'C IS ON ITS WAY! YOU WILL ALL DIE! ... oh, but and back to reality for 2 seconds, it's nice calm and mild out there 11-13'C for now.

Still managing at 171.2 mph in Eastbourne currently, a few zimmer frames may have been knocked over:

http://www.eastbourneweather.org.uk/weather.htm

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Still managing at 171.2 mph in Eastbourne currently, a few zimmer frames may have been knocked over:

Posted Image

Err yea sorry about that the raw meat I gave the dogs last night didn't quite agree with them!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

A mild (ish) day here, remains dull, no wind and no frost either this morning as the clear skies last night were long gone by the morning, no rain but it does have that damp quality out there.

My hopes of managing two evenings on the bounce where I can just stay in seem lost as I need milk else no tea in the morning, and we cannot be having that.

Posted

Bad Weather Conditions See Flights Diverted From Stansted Airport

Flights are unable to land at Stansted airport in Essex, Ryanair has said this morning. According to the airline, a technical problem with the landing system combined with low visibility weather conditions, have led to the issue. An early-morning incoming flight caused the damage to the instrument landing system (ILS), which was in use due to fog and poor visibility. Ryanair reported that some of its services had been diverted to Birmingham and East Midlands airports.

A Stansted spokesman said flights were landing again towards late morning, after a period of around three hours when no touchdowns were possible,. The spokesman said: "Earlier this morning an arriving Gulfstream G550 was involved in an incident that has resulted in some damage to our ILS. The aircraft landed safely. "As a result of this incident and low visibility, there have been restrictions on arriving flights. However, the fog has now lifted and arriving flights are now being accepted. "Departing flights are unaffected at this time but there could be delays and cancellations later in the day as a result of the earlier disruption to inbound aircraft."

Posted

Good evening all. Well it was a mixed day here, frost overnight, fog early morning followed by milky skies and weak sunshine until early afternoon, then a dull grey and damp afternoon.

Posted

is there any truth at all in this?any storm at all on the cards for next week?

Posted

Posted Image

Blimey Robin, have Eastbourne Borough Council issued a compulsary uniform for zimmer frame users now ? I'm not sure I could conform to that on my rare visits to the Sunshine Coast.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I hope this of assistance to those not brave enough to enter or are simply confused by the MOD thread ramblings. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78671-model-output-discussion-4th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2859355

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Well it is here ......

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Is  that tree entering hyperspace?

*legs it to the exit*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, been a bit cloudy and murky today after the fog lifted.

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Temperatures - (+1) - Surface conditions look rather mild

Precipitation - (+1) - looks rather wet too.

There is blocking at times to the NW and NE but the Azores high kind of wins out in this run.

Posted

is there any truth at all in this?any storm at all on the cards for next week?

Might be somewhere, but not expecting it here in the UK from what I can tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

FAX JP, Any thoughts.

Nice to see Meto short range Forecast going for below average December, Jan Feb. 

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/s/c/A3_plots-temp-DJF.pdf

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Might be somewhere, but not expecting it here in the UK from what I can tell.

thanks.it puzzles me as to why people read these and then get taken in when time after time nothing of the sort happens.

it has been mild here, i haven't felt chilly or needed a blanket all day, so pleasant enough.

Posted

thanks.it puzzles me as to why people read these and then get taken in when time after time nothing of the sort happens.

it has been mild here, i haven't felt chilly or needed a blanket all day, so pleasant enough.

Weather for now seems normal if anything a tad milder than avg, yes it can have wet days, windy days and some colder days, but AFAIK that is what we term "normal" weather for the UK at this time of year, so fear not. :)*

*I could be wrong Posted Image