Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Er found last train home but at calm as anything and clear as a bell. Sure this wasnt what I told everyone what would happen earlier?!

Oh Just noticed the time and realised I'm a bit late! Oops hope it wasn't want too bad earlier Posted Image

Still in full swing here, rain just clearing though so will probably drop in a bit. gust were at 51 per met office, I think they may be a bit stronger by the sound at the min.

Posted

Gusted at 54 between 12 and 1, seems to have dropped a bit now, probably back to the 40's we've had most of the day.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone survived the wind and rain? It didn't seem to bad in dirty Dartford, but that could be because I slept through it, fell asleep wathching the football on the settee, sleep was probably drug induced by a combination of cough mixture and various pills.

Looks a nice morning out there today, dry with just the occasional twig gentle swaying in the breeze, its warm in the front room so I assume its warm out.

Some good news, a young lad of 24 came for an interview as an refrigeration engineer yesterday, he was extremely impressive, he knew what he wanted, and where he saw himself in the future. He was fully prepared for the interview, knew everything about my company and done research on our customers. All his paperwork was in order and appropriate for the position and experience he claimed to have, he was smart and well presented, pushed a little high for the salary he wanted, but when the pay structure was explained, he accepted it, he also accepted that our senior engineers had more experience then him, and stated that he wants to learn from them (in my opinion that got him the job). He will be offered the job, must admit it was a pleasent experience, if only other youngsters would follow his lead. That interview made me better for at least 10 seconds.

Hope everyone has a good day, mine will be spent indoors coughing and sneezing yet again.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 7

Posted

Morning all Posted Image

well i thought it was supposed to be wet and wild last night? wonder when the next non event of weather will be (for SE London)*

clear, chilly and calm here in St James this morning.

*Sorry to sound flippant if your sat there having had no power or was affected by the wind and rain last night :)

Edited by MAF

Posted

Morning all

Morning CK, morning all.

A real howler last night and all the Christmas lights stayed up expect the laser, which took a tumble and almost blinded me trying to retrieve it Posted Image  I've also got a wayward wheelie bin but I know where to go hunting for it. Otherwise a lot of tree debris on the roads of Sussex with some minor flooding being the only signs of events.

Really cleared through now and the sun is just rising in a totally clear sky. Only today and one more working day to go, can I make it though to the break? - I'll try my hardest!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, clear start to the day here. Looks like the snow possibly suggested for today has disappeared from the forecast. Shame...

Posted

Coast. best retrieve your bin soon

>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25428801

Posted Image

What the heck is the point in that. We must have just moved to America I think. They sue for everything over there.

Nice and quiet wind wise, and cloudy, 7c so not expecting any snow if it happens anywhere in the south at all.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Relatively calm and quite pleasant here.

I've seen a few posts relating to a (non) squall from yesterday. I might have inadvertently started that rumour, but that wasn't my intention - I only mentioned a squall as a caveat to windspeeds being anything other than run of the mill, for winter, last evening. I didn't expect a squall and saw no forecast for the same.

Apologies for any confusion. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 4

Posted

Apologies for any confusion. Posted Image

Naughty step for you!!! :lol:

Posted Image

Morning Steve :hi: 

• Like 4

Posted

Dear Mr John Pike - Please find me a non windy (high pressure) so i can go boating / fishing over the xmas break. Please? or a boat load of snow :-D

Don't the sea fishermen say 'Wind in the east, fishing the least?' :winky: Pity there's almost zero chance of a Scandi high to test your allegiance. :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, West Berkshire & Milton Keynes

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England :

Hertfordshire, Central Bedfordshire, Luton & Bedford

A narrow band of heavy rain is expected to cross parts of England and Wales later on Thursday afternoon and into the evening. This has potential to turn to snow, primarily, but not exclusively, on high ground. With skies then clearing, this leads to a risk of ice on untreated surfaces.

The public should be aware of the potential for some localised disruption to transport.

Issued at:

0339 on Thu 19 Dec 2013

Valid from:

1500 on Thu 19 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1000 on Fri 20 Dec 2013

There is some uncertainty over the timing and intensity of this band of rain, but where any heavy bursts occur, rain may quickly turn to snow. This is most likely across the high ground of Wales, the Midlands and the Peak district where over 5cm could settle on roads above about 200 metres. At low levels, locally 1-2cm of wet snow is possible, although most places will not see this. Hail may also affect some areas, leading to slippery surfaces, before clearing skies allow temperatures to fall and increase the risk of ice on Thursday night.

• Like 5

Posted

Urrrggghh!!! More rain on Saturday!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Well, after a wild and windy night it's now clear, sunny and calm in Ippy. I did enjoy that weather last night, but I understand a lady died after a tree fell on her car. :( The downside of Mother Natures wild side.

Hope everyone is ok and not having to hunt too far for wheelie bins, Christmas lights and plant pots. :)

Have a good day, all.

• Like 2

Posted

So what do we think the weather in our region might be like over Christmas? I've got a new scientific forecasting tool that should knock models into a cocked-hat... :unsure: 

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

So what do we think the weather in our region might be like over Christmas? I've got a new scientific forecasting tool that should knock models into a cocked-hat... Posted Image

Posted Image

Wish I kept hold of all the pine cones the kids brought home now lol.

• Like 1

Posted

So, is anyone here going to get a head start in the Snow Cup? Posted Image - ok, I know it's the wrong thread. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 2

Posted
ARE YOU shorter than other people? Do you suffer ill health? Are you in jail? Are you nervous? Sterile? Unsuccessful in business The weather may be to blame! Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

We had two minutes of absolute mayhem here at 1.00am this morning - sudden gusts and the most torrential rain I have ever seen.....came out of nowhere. From the radar it looked to be the tail end of something that tracked up from Chichester/Hampshire coast. Don't know if hail was mixed in as being a "green" village,  streetlights are few and far between.

Calm here today with sunny blue skies. Stream has coped very well  Posted Image ...so far Posted Image

Posted

Morning all,

I think I must have slept through any particulary bad weather last night (if we had any in my neck of the woods?)

Today is lovely out there - cold and sunny.  Are things set to go down hill again tomorrow?  I seem to remember talk of more wind and rain towards the end of this week?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

So, is anyone here going to get a head start in the Snow Cup? Posted Image - ok, I know it's the wrong thread. Posted Image

Yes Steve, in the very, very unlikely event of anywhere in the region getting any snow later on today, it may still be prudent for Snow Cup entrants to have their rulers on standby. Worth keeping in mind though that Chris's spreadsheets are probably not set-up to calculate dusting, trace, smidgeon, flake, etc! Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Already bored of this winter. I just cant see cold coming in models evwn way off into FI...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Throwoff.

As i posted yesterday. Expect the models in Fi, to start to pick up the signals for 1st-3rd Jan snowfall. Then 10th-16th. First half of Jan is when we can expect some nice falls of snow.

• Like 3