looks cold

around 5-6 degrees but could cool off quickly as the day progresses

note 528 dam air close

and that low to the west of ireland looks interesting as well

looks dry on this chart at present

xmas day on  tomorrows fax Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Not liking any charts for the holiday period next week, not because they are wrong, just what they propose, I am having a bad feeling next week the holiday news will be making headlines for all the wrong reasons. :(

• Like 4

Posted

According to latest news reports lightning has been ruled out as a cause of the Apollo ceiling collapse.

Southernman doubted that as in his own experience, he has seen lightning set fire to a building, and there were no reports of a fire at the theatre.I think the one he saw was a thatched roofed cottage and it was destroyed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Heavy rain here this evening, which has meant lots of large puddles, but we had no thunder.

Re. the Apollo, it sounds, thankfully, like no fatalities and a very small number of people with serious injuries. Hopefully the news stays the same, we learn the lessons of why the collapse happened, none of the seriously injured has any real long term problems and we move on. :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Not liking any charts for the holiday period next week, not because they are wrong, just what they propose, I am having a bad feeling next week the holiday news will be making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Posted Image

Yes, I agree. Very deep lows showing and while, on the face of it, we don't seem to be in the worst of the firing line, as at now, things can change. I'll be nervously watching the model runs for the next 3 or 4 days at least. :( 

I've had my fill of stormy weather for this winter already.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I want some!Posted Image

So do I...some chocolatePosted Image Posted Image

Heavy rain here for an hour or so - but thunderlessPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 4

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

nowt cold there

except the 24th-26th

clear fi after that

wind

Posted Image

21st and the 23rd look pretty windy

but not overly bad

the 26th the charts are certainly disagreeing here as well

rain

Posted Image

these are looking likely to be the problem for us

the 23rd have a huge amount showing there

this does tally with all models

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Several peals of thunder and some super flashes of lightning here in SE london between 7pm and 8pm,one of which was a real house shaker! Torrential rain and hail taboot.

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just slightly off topic- but are we right to write off the netweather winter forecast even at this early stage? Cold start to winter and December especially dry?! I don't think so lol

Posted

Southernman doubted that as in his own experience, he has seen lightning set fire to a building, and there were no reports of a fire at the theatre.I think the one he saw was a thatched roofed cottage and it was destroyed.

Agreed. I was more wondering whether heavy rainfall had either proved too much for the roof to cope with - if it couldn't drain away quickly enough - or got through the roof and damaged the ceiling. None of the lightning over the London area appears to have gone to ground anywhere near the Soho area.

• Like 1

Posted

Just popped into MAD thread yea I know stupid huh but it seems the Met O are concerned about the South on Monday sounds like wind and rain are the concern according to Fergie.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

fi on the 26th

one thing these are not is warm

my worry

the sheer amount of rainfall showing

re monday

Posted Image

i would take it ian f has charts inbetween this and tues 00 run

the low pressure system to our north west could push the isobars very close together later on

in the run

the rain bit is easy to see the problem there

when ukmo link in with this i will be able to give a better prediction on this

• Like 2

Posted

hi sussex

i wish i had access to 6 hour fax charts

would make it easier to predict

another thing i am interested in is a possibilty

of something wintry on xmas day

will run with this tomorrow night re fax charts and i am tempted to have a little wager

on something white falling

not laying though

• Like 4

Posted

Hi John , well as I said the other day It would cheer me up a bit  to be sat here at work Christmas Day by myself for 12 hours and win a few quid off the bookies just for a few flakes of snow at HeathrowPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

hi bp

shame about xmas day for you

lets hope some flakes fall now Posted Image

hi sussex

thats the kiddie

fax tomorrow will show xmas day

i will do more extended ones on that day from tomorrow night

off to bed now

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

According to latest news reports lightning has been ruled out as a cause of the Apollo ceiling collapse.

Has the BBC or anyone else blamed it on 'climate change' yet? Bet you my Christmas bonus they will.

On a brighter note, it seems we'll be having a new-born baby in the house for Christmas. My mother is 89 and has carers who visit twice a day to get her up and dressed and then put her to bed. The agency only employs Romanians and one of them is brilliant. He's kind and efficient and really goes the extra mile when looking after Mum. The other teams, however, leave a lot to be desired - they talk in Romanian while looking after Mum which makes her feel uncomfortable as she doesn't know what they are saying about her. But our man speaks perfect English and even makes Mum special drinks to his grandmother's recipes to nourish her.

Anyway his wife is due to give birth this weekend, but the care agency says they are not allowed to have the baby in the accommodation provided. So they are effectively homeless over Christmas. It's the Christmas story for real. We even have a stable, but they will be staying with us for as long as they need to find somewhere else to rent - and not in the stable of course.

I've let our UKIP County Councillors know and they are going to look into the matter and visit the family after Christmas. It's a Conservative Council which employs the agency. They're like the 3 Wise Men (I've told them they don't need to bring any gold or anything - they had a good chuckle about that). We can't find any shepherds but if any of you know of any, let me know...

But what kind of people make a new-born baby and its parents homeless at Christmas time and not help them find somewhere to spend the first few weeks with their new baby? It's unbelievable. They can't travel back to Romania with the little one. And although I've let our Division Conservative Councillor know, she hasn't replied. Probably on holiday in the Caribbean or something.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 8

Posted

Just popped into MAD thread yea I know stupid huh but it seems the Met O are concerned about the South on Monday sounds like wind and rain are the concern according to Fergie.

Morning Jules, morning all.

Been following this one through the charts and discussions in the severe weather area (a far more civilised place than the MAD thread!! :lol: ) and I'm still not sure how much of the wind will make it to us. East coasts could be more affected than South coasts, inland doesn't look too bad currently

Posted Image

Into Tuesday may be more of interest at the moment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Certainly something to keep an eye on and next week is looking like more of the same to me.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78796-possible-severe-atlantic-storm-christmas-day-and-boxing-day/

As for white stuff in our region on the day - no comment!

Posted Image

Ask me about a Christmas thunderstorm!!!

Posted Image

Posted

Some hail showers here today during the lunchtime and a nice rainbow! Made some good clouds photos mid afternoon.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, cold and clear here with frost and ice around. Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good Morning all. Rather frosty and chilly this Morning.....Hopefully my Prediction of the 21st December showing  changes in output will start showing from later today and through the weekend. Come on Winter you can do it.

Yesterday CFS 

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Jules, morning all.

Been following this one through the charts and discussions in the severe weather area (a far more civilised place than the MAD thread!! Posted Image ) and I'm still not sure how much of the wind will make it to us. East coasts could be more affected than South coasts, inland doesn't look too bad currently

Posted Image

Into Tuesday may be more of interest at the moment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Certainly something to keep an eye on and next week is looking like more of the same to me.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78796-possible-severe-atlantic-storm-christmas-day-and-boxing-day/

As for white stuff in our region on the day - no comment!

Posted Image

Ask me about a Christmas thunderstorm!!!

Posted Image

Again? We had lightning and hail last Christmas morning here in SE London if my memory serves me correctly
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all, layed in today, sorry about that. A bright, clear and frosty morning, about sums its up.

Don't forget today will be busy on the roads, it's the day that the building industry decamp from site to home, so watch out for those white vans being driven at 90mph, they are not normally hard to miss though, they the ones 1 foot away from my bumper :-). Have a great POETS day, Infact this week has been the worse week for me health wise I can remember, out of 5 days only made it in twice, not getting there today either, so my Christmas holiday starts today, with me laying on the settee, feeling extremely sorry for my self.

Really bad news is the her indoors has now gone down with the lurgi, could be burning the Christmas dinner myself this year then, must admit if I looked as bad as she does, then boy I was ill, problem with her is she won't take day off work or slow down normally, but I think this time she may have to.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1