Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Not a dig at the MO as a whole as I think they work very well providing forecasts and warnings to (a difficult) public but I do have a small gripe with the local 5 day forecast temperatures.At the moment they are forecasting the lowest temperature here (Folkestone Harbour so basically seafront in their eyes) to be no lower than 5c overnight. However, it is currently 4.3c and dropping. Now I know there's always going to be a margin of error but when it is forecast cold they always indicate a low that is warmer than I actually record.Is this unique to me due to my locale, or is it a general trend elsewhere too?

Hello Lottie, They forecast a max of 8 degrees daytime here today and as I left the house at about 11.30am my w/s was registering 12 degrees, the mimimum forecast was 3 degrees tonight and we have already dropped to 2.4. So I don't think it's unique to your locale!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Tempted to re-post this in the madPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nooooooooooooooooooo. :-)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image....

Errrm .....The hurriedly newly formed JP Appreciation and Preservation Society (South East Region), is now open to new members Posted Image 

xxx 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Goodbye grey sky ...

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Hello blue .....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

:-)

Are you on a sun lounger with your camera? 90 degrees out and all that. :D

Actually, where are you? I know it's abroad and there was talk of volcanoes etc., but I seem to have missed your destination.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ahh JP Just the man....Another CME ..1 coronal mass ejection has occurred in the past 24 hours. (For updates visit: http://FlareAware.com/weather )

• Like 2

Posted

Hello Lottie, They forecast a max of 8 degrees daytime here today and as I left the house at about 11.30am my w/s was registering 12 degrees, the mimimum forecast was 3 degrees tonight and we have already dropped to 2.4. So I don't think it's unique to your locale!

Not as bad as the weather app on my old phone.

Last May, it was telling me my location had snow and a temperature of 1C, when in fact it was misty and about 11C. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

hi chris

look at the spread on the 24th

its a take your pick there

also the green run from the op looks more like a rollercoaster

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Ahh JP Just the man....Another CME ..1 coronal mass ejection has occurred in the past 24 hours. (For updates visit: http://FlareAware.com/weather )

Ermmm, that sounds painful that ;-)
  • Like 2

Posted

hi chris

Everyone loves a good roller coaster JP! 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC forecasting a gradual decline to colder temps by Thurs,Fri This week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

hi chris

That was my idiots layperson's impression, John - thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

Posted

Crikey! there are some crap weather related films, on Syfy, this evening.

Currently there's a programme called Super Storm on (apparently about a storm from Jupiter landing on earth) :huh:

Then there's 500 MPH Storm on at 19:00. That one I can vouch as being a big pile of smelly stuff, as I saw it last week! Really atrocious that one, but might be more fun than watching the Model Thread this eve! :D

• Like 1

Posted

hi chris

Heres a fax chart for you mate......Cor makes my eyes hurt trying to view it all..Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

I am as well, he's a bit worried because he's been told he can't drive for a few days as the risk is that he might have another one or worse, and he is due to be driving down South at the weekend to see his children.He could take a train but it takes about ten hours from here and with lots of changes and going right across London so it isn't very easy.

Hi JJ

Firstly sorry to hear about SM - please send him my regards and also best wishes to you both for speedy recoveries.

My dad had a mini-TIA four years ago -very frightening when it happened especially as my mum didn't even consider ringing an ambulance and insisted on waiting for the GP to arrive   Posted ImagePosted Image Edit: the headbanging smilies are there because my bro is a senior consultant in emergency medicine/paediatric ICU and his wife is also a consultant.. my mum really had no excuse!

Like SM he needed to have a scan and wasn't allowed to drive. Hospital identified where the issue was and why it threw up a small clot...there was a mechanical/physical issue which combined with his age (>80) meant they felt standard meds inc statins and aspirin would suffice..which so far they have...and he has had no further recurrences.

Hope SM's scan goes well and he is up and running again soon.

xxxx

ON TOPIC: P.S. I seriously cannot remember the last time we had such a Beautiful day here - blue skies, sun, mild breeze - spent 90mins walking around the village delivering leaflets this afternoon...and felt so much better for doing so! Let's hope the weather stays like this for a bit please as we need time to dry out!

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 3

Posted

Hi JJ

Firstly sorry to hear about SM - please send him my regards and also best wishes to you both for speedy recoveries.

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, its good to know that others have gone through it relatively ok.

Don't blame your mum too much as I've been feeling very giulty myself, I should have called an ambulance immediately I noticed something was wrong, but I didnt till about an hour later, because he was confused and slurring his words and my immediate reaction was that he was having a stroke, but then his mouth wasn't drooping and he could move his arms and legs and so I thought it couldn't be that, so then I wondered if he was just tired or if it was a migraine, and so I was trying to work out what was wrong with him and how serious it was, it wasn't till a long time later I suddenly remembered that a TIA behaves like this, at which, I realised I had to get him to a doctor as an emergency And I should have done something straight away, but I'll know if it ever comes back.

Posted

a tip

stick at 120 for now

the runs are all over the place at present

fax updates from me from now on

i cannot work out afterwards at present

• Like 1

Posted

just posted by ian f on mod thread

Even taking the 12z JMA at face value (T+192) is sufficient demonstration of how uncertain the post-weekend period becomes. Nothing beyond even Friday holds particularly high confidence.

glad its not just me then Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Crikey! there are some crap weather related films, on Syfy, this evening.

We love watching those and laughing at them.Some are so ridiculous.I forget the names now but some have involved twisters hitting new york and a volcano underneath california, and aliens sending twisters to earth for some reason.You'll notice that the hero always gets hit by flying debris but never has a scratch on him, and there's always some random amateur trying to warn about the danger, but the officials who have all the machinery to actually know whats going on, never believe it till its too late.

• Like 2