Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

No rain at all from this thunderstorm yet, but it's very dark to the S and SE. Raintoday suggests the heaviest rain is W of here but the sun is visible in that direction..

Heavy looking shower to the east looking to your way from here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Good thunderstorm here (about the 8th thunderstorm day this year) with really loud thunder & intense lightning, lasted about 45 mins. The shower seemed to develop out of nothing - but just intensified and then rained really hard for about 30 mins. still rumbling around here after a good hour, now heading NE towards Pilton...sorry Glastonbury revellers, get the wellies ready again!!

We're in Charlton Adam, 10 miles north East of Yeovil, 3 miles east of Somerton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had a pretty good thunderstorm here about an hour ago, which has moved up to Glastonbury. The rain was torrential, but oddly it was quite bright so the lightning, though visible, wasn't easy to see. The thunder was very loud and very frequent. There is another thunderstorm rumbling away to the south now. Loving this summer!

Posted

SO typical Telford get's it's THIRD thunderstorm this month when i'm in work :lol: which has NO window to look out of by the way so could just here the thunder but not see anything  :nonono:

Looks rather decent once again early next week before the grot returns, tomorrow looks grey and rubbish but Sunday potentially decent enough if cloudzilla stratomania doesn't spot up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very disappointing day with just one moderate-heavy shower between midday and 1300 b.s.t and a light shower during the late afternoon.

There was a whole line of thundery showers and thunderstorms from the West Midlands across the Leicestershire when I checked the radar at lunch time but by the time they got here they were as feeble as an octagenarian asthmatic.

Looking at the latest radar it looks as though the batch of heavy showers to the south of here will move on a more easterly track into Nottinghamshire and I'll miss out again.

Oh well, as a minor consolation the fog has lowered on to the hills in the last half hour.

Posted

6 or 7 flashes here and plenty of thunder. Moving slowly east as I type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

louds of flashes now

missing here as I thought, showers have been SE of here and NW of Wimbledon, the forecast by bbc for Wimbledon today was shocking, were predicting heavy rain, and was sunny all day

Posted

Justs been outside playing with the dog. Thought I heard a very faint distant rumble. Couldn't see any flashes though. Although the view to the west isn't that great from my road.

Posted

Looks like it might hold. Still seems active as far as I can see. Looks like it might come right over Dudley then into Walsall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Was in Minehead today, got there about 2pm and this storm started to rumble, so I walked down the beach (yeah, I know, huge open space, yadda-yadda) and got an alright lightning pic. :)

post-20399-0-06334800-1403904438_thumb.jpost-20399-0-43890300-1403904438_thumb.jpost-20399-0-83989000-1403904438_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

A line of showers moved up and gave Thunder and torrential rain the video starts of with moderate rain with Thunder.Rain becomes torrential from 5:50 minute then even heavier from 8:45 minute with a flash of lightning.nice storm.

);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

1'mm here since midnight, no rain during daylight hours, tomorrow looks more likely to catch a shower though

1'mm here since midnight, no rain during daylight hours, tomorrow looks more likely to catch a shower though

Just a heavy shower here which appeared from nowhere on the radar, however the big black clouds were a give-away.

No thunder though, Definitely one to watch if this goes inland.

Posted

I wouldn't say pouring. Just some moderate rain. You can't really tell this was a thunderstorm a couple of hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Looks promising here again tomorrow if the forecast by Ian Fergusson proves correct :D

Posted

Would be very unlucky indeed or if it pepped up just east of the M6 corridor. Certainly a distinct pinky tinge to the sky right now, even at this distance. More stuff due west namely Shrewsbury area probably giving more soakings that way on.

No thunder in that lot, just pesky moderate rain. If we can't get thunder I don't want rain, would spoil our chance of a dry sunny warm summer month

Posted

Cloudy with Sc and Cu. Looks like being a very unstable day in the south west and midlands.

Temp 12.5C

Wind SW light

Pressure 1010mb falling

A slack area of low pressure remains aligned across southern Britain on Saturday, bringing with it moistand deeply unstable air. Daytime heating will again assist the development of heavy showers and thunderstorms,with the focus rather further south than on Friday.   These showers and storms are likely to be slow-moving,with scattered localities receiving 15-20 mm of rain in an hour or less, and very locally perhaps 30 to 40 mm in 2 or 3 hours. Hail and lightning will be additional hazards. As is the nature of showers, some places willescape the heavier downpours.

post-12275-0-85689700-1403932135_thumb.p

post-12275-0-86176400-1403932145_thumb.g

post-12275-0-35557800-1403932152_thumb.g

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some frequent distant thunder for a time this morning and the occasional closer ones now!