Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

I am too tired and emotional to go into the model thread, does anyone want to give me a run down of what way the models are now?? No pessimism please my hangover can't deal with it

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  

Posted

Well I was up early out to a hill overlooking the sea to watch the sun come up on the shortest day. No matter the temp the brisk wind made you know it's winter. Frosty for Christmas at least, high pressure looks to move SE quickly so back to milder weather at least for a couple days post that. Will post picture in a minpost-6785-0-10619400-1419168688_thumb.jp

Edited by Downburst
  • Like 2

Posted

Just don't go in pomeroysnow. All doom and gloom. Now going for westerly end of year. SSW now end jan. But to me from now on I'm just looking 4 days ahead. Anything could happen. That's my view.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Could be worth a glance northward tonight for the folks up north!

ufhMgR6.png

absolutely, where and when?  l

looks like there is a few of us going out on the razz this weekend, I'm off to a gig in dublin tomorrow, been waiting for it all year, two bands playing in the academy, a band called Kreator and a band called Arch Enemy. can't wait, gonna get sh*t faced. :drunk:

Hope the gig was a good 'un, though I must say, I prefer Jeff Loomis' solo stuff!

I haven't listened to Arch Enemy since they got the knew vocalist, but back in the ol' band, my sister could make Angela Gossow sound like a pop singer!

• Like 2

Posted

Can you send me a link to that Aurora forecast please BFTV, always interested in that schizzle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Posted

Saw the aurora earlier in the year but unfortunately far too cloudy tonight for chance of seeing again!

Posted

Model summary for the next ten days.

It might be cold, mild, wet, dry, foggy, frosty with light winds or strong winds from either a Southerly or Northerly direction with everything in between.

Posted

Nice update from meto in their outlook though. Though we have been here before. Something is brewing. But your right MS anything can happen.

Posted

Agree Neiller outlook most positive yet, might have to brave the crowds and buy a ramp!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Been working flat out and missed all the drama lol. I'm hoping the cold snap does show its face but I'm not hopeful.

I'm hoping for snow on February 20th me and the other half are getting married just booked the date today down the registrars office and we both love snow it would make for nice photos.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Could be worth a glance northward tonight for the folks up north!

ufhMgR6.png

Hope the gig was a good 'un, though I must say, I prefer Jeff Loomis' solo stuff!

I haven't listened to Arch Enemy since they got the knew vocalist, but back in the ol' band, my sister could make Angela Gossow sound like a pop singer!

void thats scary cos we know how scary angela's voice was, I wouldn't get into an argument with your sis. had a blast, as you can see only recovering now. the new girl is really good, plenty of energy, but needs more time to knit in with the band. Kreator were excellent!!

Anyway -4.0c for xmas night, coldest xmas night since 2010 possible.

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

void thats scary cos we know how scary angela's voice was, I wouldn't get into an argument with your sis. had a blast, as you can see only recovering now. the new girl is really good, plenty of energy, but needs more time to knit in with the band. Kreator were excellent!!

Anyway -4.0c for xmas night, coldest xmas night since 2010 possible.

Kreator usually fire out an excellent gig, have never heard of them having a bad set.

As for the models, I am salt pinching, too much divergence on the weekend still. Although this means beyond that we shouldn't be looking for any tell tale signs yet, until the weekend is sorted.

• Like 3

Posted

Would be astounded if yest meto outlook which was indicating a good northerly flow with good snow chances is there today. I expect a complete reversal more in line with dry cold as opposed to snow and cold. That update really did baffle me yest. Hence why I never really pay much attention to their daily updates. Changes like the wind to be fair.

Posted

One things for certain, the mod thread will now move to a frency for New Year's Eve snow, anyone who dares question it, good luck. Too many models and too many runs mean too many comments so it loses its usefulness.

Very grey today But improving later, nice and frosty for two days before rain returns for Boxing day Followed by colder air digging in behind, so all sorts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

yellow warning out for flooding in donegal and connaght, bge careful if your driving folks. could be some black ice tonight when this rain belt clears.