Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I saw snow! It keeps popping out of the clouds now and then, and turns back to rain a few minutes later.

• Like 1

Posted

A Yellow FLASH Warning of Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland (See Map)

Frequent and at times heavy snow showers have been affecting parts of NI from this morning, these are likely to continue throughout this afternoon and into the evening, giving accumulations of several centimetres, especially on the hills but even to low levels.

Later as showers clear temperatures will drop quickly and widespread ice will form, leading to hazardous travelling conditions and the public are advised to take extra care.

• Like 3

Posted

plenty of snow on sl beaghs yest mostly above around 250mts. hasnt melted all day so might try get up for a dander tomorrow. gonna be a serious frost tonight folks so watch the roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

could be the coldest nights of the winter tonight and tomorrow night, already -0.4c here. everything is iced over.

• Like 1

Posted

Some streamers going to affect the east coast now. Nice wind direction for maximum sea-fetch. Temperatures are already down below zero so if they don't fall as snow they could be freezing rain.

• Like 2

Posted

Just back from Cavan, the roads are treacherous, take it easy folk's

Yes treacherous 2 people I know have crashed tonight on black ice!!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Hope everyone had a good xmas ,was in Dublin with the inlaws for a few days.

Certainly a nice chilly night out,clear skies and rather frosty and icy,i went for a nice walk a while ago,lovely and fresh. A bit of a slight wind here which is preventing the temps from dropping too much here for the time being anyway. Temps have been hovering between -0.1c and +0.5 c here for the last few hours. Currently 0.2c.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

ÃŒts absolutely freezing outside, everything is white with frost. The cat wont even go out to do her business

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Really cold this morning with a very hard frost no snow though :( The roads were dreadful dropping the other half off at work the car was reading -2

Posted

car temp was reading -4.5c this morn at 8.30am. deffo coldest night of winter so far here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

-2.9C was the low here. It has climbed up to -0.1C at the last check, so potential for the lowest maximum of the year.

Posted

Got down to -2.2c here,the coldest temp ive recorded so far this winter. Still plenty of frost and ice about in thye shade,current temp 1.1c.

I just love winter days like this.

• Like 2

Posted

What a cracking morning. Cold and sunny! Can someone give me a quick run down on what's happening with the models. Got fed up reading the crap in the model thread so i'm refusing to go in there. Lol

Ronan Winters over again in the model thread according to those posters in the south. Completely different story for us however as it looks like cool/cold zonality will set in after midweek mild blip. So it's a reason to be optimistic. Certainly no deep cold on the horizon but looks like good chances to see some snow. And it should be better than the cool/cold zonality of nov/early dec as sea temps are colder etc etc. so could be a hell of a lot worse for us.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for that Neiller. Thats the reason i refuse to go in there. Really wish they would start a model output thread for the Midlands North! Really would make things so much easier. I'm happy with the odd PM shot even if it is a day or 2 of snow 

Posted

Looks better then last year thats for sure,nothing to get me too excited yet but all it takes is a few quick upgrades...................

The best news imo is from the strat with the forecasted warmings over the next week or so and predicted to be over the Greenland region which would surely aid the cause in the hunt for cold.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

coldest temp ive recorded so far this winter, overnight low of -3.8c with a very severe frost. temp has already peaked here at 1.4c at 1:00pm, already dropped to 1.1c, coldest day by far and possibly the coldest night of the winter tonight.

be careful folks if driving, ive heard of a few cars skidding of roads into ditches last night. if you don;t have to drive then don;t, it;s just not woth it.