Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

yep hard early frost last nite. -2.5c here at 9.30pm. all gone by 9am as warmer air moved in.

• Like 1

Posted

Hard delicious frost this morning, it doesn't feel as cold tonight though!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Got down to -1.3c here last night,coldest jan night in 2 years.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

-2 here this morning too lovely hard frost cleared by 11 though

Posted

I stopped reading when i got to James M adden!

Modelwise, some wintryness this weekend and the jury is still out on something more prolonged from late January.

• Like 1

Posted

Batten down the hatches Irelanders, there are storms a plenty coming for the next two weeks at least.

Maybe some wintry stuff over higher ground, but the main feature will be the wind.

• Like 2

Posted

Well at least there is Sunshine today folk's beautiful day to be out and about

Batten down the hatches Irelanders, there are storms a plenty coming for the next two weeks at least.

Maybe some wintry stuff over higher ground, but the main feature will be the wind.

you expecting it to be bad Mountain?? I have banned myself from the model thread for the next 4 weeks can't be bothered with the depression on it
  • Like 2

Posted

The depression being caused by depressions!

Definetly the potential for some serious storms, but obviously to soon to put any meat on the bones. The chance of hill snow will remain as cold fronts pass through on the back edge of the storms, but again will need to be much closer to the time before any call can be made on that.

As for any prolonged cold spell, absolutely nothing in the current model output to support it.

• Like 1

Posted

I take this please. With a flake and sprinkles on top to.  :cold:

attachicon.gif10888921_813955625319024_4731274562514226299_n.jpg

Really don't want to burst the bubble Ronan, but those GFS snow accum charts are notoriously unreliable, especially at that distance away!

The depression being caused by depressions!

Definetly the potential for some serious storms, but obviously to soon to put any meat on the bones. The chance of hill snow will remain as cold fronts pass through on the back edge of the storms, but again will need to be much closer to the time before any call can be made on that.

As for any prolonged cold spell, absolutely nothing in the current model output to support it.

Agreed MS, the first of many national warnings by met over the next couple of weeks. http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

Some tentative signs of a Northerly/NEsly to develop nearer the end of Jan too. Worth keeping an eye on. Feb is often our snowiest winter month.

• Like 2

Posted

I know that bud. Just to trying and liven things up a bit. Lol. After the last couple of months i think we have all learned to take things with a pinch of salt. All we can do is clutch at straws. 

• Like 2

Posted

If any of you have access to RTE 1 right now, the 1839 great storm is being discussed or "Oiche na Gaoith" as it's known in folklore.. Also, if you can't speak Irish, I hope you can withstand the subtitles… It's an intriguing tale and brings in modern Irish weather too, a great end of the evening for us weather enthusiasts.

• Like 3

Posted

I reckon the snow chances for us has increased on the pub run for around the 13th onwards. Especially here in the north west. Probably why the model thread is quiet enough. As ever more runs needed but i have a feeling something is on the way. Well no harm in a bit of wishful thinking. Lol

• Like 2

Can't even get a decent storm now in this utterly useless winter! Warnings removed for majority of us bar extreme north coast. Saturdays storm must have completely gone bar Scotland. This winter in my eyes is really heading to a par on last winters. Yes all things point to it being colder but so far nout has materialised. So much the same as last year to date apart from a few frosts and odd flurry. Frustrated but not end of world really.

• Like 2

Posted

Blowing a gale here and absolutely pouring rain… Great viewing from my lovely warm sitting room!

Posted

Can't even get a decent storm now in this utterly useless winter! Warnings removed for majority of us bar extreme north coast. Saturdays storm must have completely gone bar Scotland. This winter in my eyes is really heading to a par on last winters. Yes all things point to it being colder but so far nout has materialised. So much the same as last year to date apart from a few frosts and odd flurry. Frustrated but not end of world really.

Jeez Neiller you do like a good old moan. Lol. It really isn't the end of the world you know. Who cares about the storms? Its what come after the storms is of interest to me. Also in my opinion this winter is nothing compared to last. Fair enough no real lying snow but it has been cold enough with several frosts. We live on the edge of the Atlantic so unfortunately just just have to take what's given to us. I do feel a cold end of the month is in store and possibly a snowy Feb. Sure thats a normal Irish winter going on past years.

• Like 3