Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Ref snow warning. There is a chance this could upgrade nearer the time though it is a delicate situation. Interesting times ahead next couple days and then into new year. Merry Xmas to everyone and hope Santa is good to all.

• Like 3

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope it's a peaceful and love filled one. For those of us who are seperated and do not have the weans tonight or tomorrow, chin up there are better days ahead, our thoughts too with those members of our families who are no longer with us in body but walk with us every day in spirit, stay safe folks :)

• Like 7

Posted

Happy Christmas to you Irish weather lovers!

Going to be a rough one tomorrow, first without my da, but have to mind the mammy tomorrow, that will keep me busy, as I tuck into a cheeky post dinner Jameson, toasting Da, and having a peek at the 12z ECM!!! Now that's dedication lads!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Space station just passed by. Told the 6 year old foster sister it was Santa, she seemed a little sceptical though. So proud, I'll turn her into a scientist yet!

Haha, reminds me of my wee one, I get her to tell her primary teachers lots of facts about stars, the sun and moon and physics. She tricked me with a lollipop stick last time, getting it to stand on end by snapping it. So this year I got santa to bring her a star projector for her bedroom, a pond that grows prehistoric like bacteria/fish and a spinning globe of the earth, of course amongst all the normal childrens toys, can't take away all the fun.

• Like 1

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope it's a peaceful and love filled one. For those of us who are seperated and do not have the weans tonight or tomorrow, chin up there are better days ahead, our thoughts too with those members of our families who are no longer with us in body but walk with us every day in spirit, stay safe folks :)

My first Xmas without my wee man. Will see him Christmas night but not the same. Anyways am sure it will be a good one whatever happens. Bought him a pair of snow boots the other day so hopefully he can enjoy them soon enough.

• Like 2

Posted

No Xmas cheer with the output this morn. It really is a shocker for coldies. And it has to be said the models have been horrific of late in remotely getting anything right within 72 hrs! They have been abysmal. Merry Xmas though to all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Merry Christmas everyone, time to throw out our old socks and pants in preparation this morning! :D

• Like 2

Posted

There's the upgrade from the met office for snow that I mentioned could happen last night. 1-2 cms now possible even for low lying areas. Still time for further upgrades but of course downgrades as well. But I'm not expecting downgrades now to be honest. We may actually see a bit is snow. !

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Just love the weather you have .. happy Christmas from a happy hippie :)

• Like 2

Posted

MS your prediction of snow about a week ago for Boxing Day may not be too far from the mark. And yes Njoy the weather we have is true. At least it feels like Xmas today. Lovely hard frost snd everywhere white!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

happy xmas everyone. a lovely hard frost this morning which was very festive. dinner over, now for a few beers.

tomorrow gonna be exciting, a bit of the white stuff could fall from the sky.

• Like 1

Posted

Sparky met eireann mention snow in parts of ulster tomorrow as well though it doesn't look like it will amount to much. Low pressure system looks more south since this mornings met warning so unless it changes again I reckon the warning will be removed. Shame really.

Posted

yellow weather warning out for snow-ice from met eirann. connaught, cavan, monaghan, west meath and donegal in the firing line. snow to lower levels later in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted

The Euro4 and GFS (soundings) are showing marinal partial thicknesses (850-1000 hPa) of 1295-1300 m to the north of the low tomorrow, made up of a saturated and almost isothermal layer. I would prefer to see 1290 m, or a drier boundary layer, to allow for evaporative cooling. As it looks now only Ulster may have any appreciable cooling tomorrow, but even at that probably only giving sleet or wet snow to low levels.

Saturday looks much better, especially in the afternoon and evening. Any showers should deliver hail and graupel.

Posted

thick heavy snow mixed with heavy rain but turning more and more to snow. started turning to snow since 09;30hrs.

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

been up wicklow gap, snowing from 380mts,lots of lying snow up the top

• Like 2