Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Because they change all the time Bob. They have me as sleet as well but if you check the Netweather week ahead for my area they have snow. These things aren't reliable. Precip type and amounts can't really be forecast until 24/48 hours out and even at that can be wrong. Take for example my last snow fall was forecasted at 3-8cms but i had a foot of lying snow. Wouldn't worry about the finer details just yet.

• Like 1

Posted

I really don't get the model thread today, either some posters are on the wind up or if a snow flake doesn't fall in little creighton then it's no good for anywhere lol, and if I read yeah but 90% of the population won't be affected one more time...... How about oh it looks like up to large areas of Ireland, Scotland Wales, England could be affected, seriously for the love of Mike

Is this definitely nailed on, why have met office mostly sleet and rain down on the precipitation forecasts on wed and thurs?

This morning bob it had me down for sleet on Wednesday night, rain on Thursday, this has now changed to snow Wednesday night, sleet on Thursday, I swear it changes everytime I look at it :)
  • Like 4

Posted

ECM sticking to its guns and almost identical to this morning. I would say this is now pretty much nailed on for Wednesday/Thursday but beyond that is still a work in progress.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

my postcode on weather2 produces a forecast of snow from Wed 9am till Thu 3pm when it turns to sleet for a while :) . Pomeroy should be buried by Saturday ..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2401.gif

hmm, ecm 12z not as good as 00z. only one run though.

-850hpa line gets lifted out of Ireland repeatedly and cold spell comes to an end earlier. only one run, could be upgrades in the morning, hopefully.

• Like 1

Posted

Lol Pom. Boards.ie is worse. Some people have said Winter is over since Xmas on there. Another this week said no Easterly or NE until March at least then posted this morning with excitement proclaiming hints of a NE for this weekend. It would put years on you. Anyway looks good this week and lets enjoy it.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2401.gif

hmm, ecm 12z not as good as 00z. only one run though.

-850hpa line gets lifted out of Ireland repeatedly and cold spell comes to an end earlier. only one run, could be upgrades in the morning, hopefully.

Storm probably a good idea to dismiss that chart saying it is a week and a half away. Get this first blast midweek out of the way then see how we stand then. Save that chart then see how it changes over the next week. I for one would be happy with a week long cold spell. Even this upcoming cold spell popped up out of nowhere so maybe it will break down and maybe it won't. We shall see.

• Like 1

Posted

They won't show to much precip 3 days out. Would expect that to change come tomorrow night in to Tuesday morning. Looks like a couple of fronts will move down from the NW which could turn in to a snow fest. Heres hoping anyway.

Posted

Storm probably a good idea to dismiss that chart saying it is a week and a half away. Get this first blast midweek out of the way then see how we stand then. Save that chart then see how it changes over the next week. I for one would be happy with a week long cold spell. Even this upcoming cold spell popped up out of nowhere so maybe it will break down and maybe it won't. We shall see.

ah yeah, all the caveats apply.I don't get sucked into daily chart runs anymore. main focus wednesday evening ready at the lamp posts and radars. :rolleyes:

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 3

Posted

The forecast between MetO and net weather for this week are chalk and cheese with net weather showing snow from Wednesday lunch right through to thursday evening and met showing either sleet or rain.

Posted

That model thread is real depressing! Lol. We are looking at a week long NW/N Yet some people are still looking the holy grail! I can wait for this to hit Wednesday!

yes ronan and by god it's gonna come like a bat out of hell on wednesday.

• Like 4

Posted

yes ronan and by god it's gonna come like a bat out of hell on wednesday.

Yeah it definitely is! I see the BBC etc are still reluctant on detail with regards to precip amounts. This is probably due to embedded troughs in the flow popping up at shortice. This will prob end up a now casting event and some areas will see alot more than other especially where showers merge!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Updated met office warning. 5-10 cms for low levels across N Ireland. 10cm + for elevations.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Wonder how many showers wil make it across to the eastern side of the country?  Im hoping i will do better then recently but whatever happens the north and west will do well yet again.

• Like 1