Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere Autumn/Winter 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

got to say this but im really proper annoyed that this website  http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/ is still down!!!!!    and they had no idea until recently is had a broken link. Bahh humbug.

Is NOAHH trying to hide something .....for example their views on global warming.

What we were looking at before the site went down was a potentially record breaking SAI .

it just seems like a coincidence thats all....does anyone know of other sites that monitor the snow and ice cover(with images) in the NH..... ??

Edited by bryan629

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

got to say this but im really proper annoyed that this website  http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/ is still down!!!!!    and they had no idea until recently is had a broken link. Bahh humbug.

Is NOAHH trying to hide something .....for example their views on global warming.

What we were looking at before the site went down was a potentially record breaking SAI .

it just seems like a coincidence thats all....does anyone know of other sites that monitor the snow and ice cover(with images) in the NH..... ??

It's frustrating, but there's no need to leap into the world of conspiracy theories for an answer. Technical glitches, server failures and other problems happen sometimes. The data will be available soon enough, and I'm sure it will be updated to include the last few days.

• Like 7

Posted

lol BFTV, im defo not leaping into the world of conspiricy, besides i havent got my shoes on  :rofl:

It is very frustrating with the recognition of a problem and to put it right, thats all . 

Posted

It's frustrating, but there's no need to leap into the world of conspiracy theories for an answer. Technical glitches, server failures and other problems happen sometimes. The data will be available soon enough, and I'm sure it will be updated to include the last few days.

I must admit it is one hell of a coincidence Bryan629 and the fact that it has been down for so long stinks to be honest. I mentioned a few days ago that the extreme SAI this October does not fit in with the sordid global warming agenda. And just to add, I cannot recall the said servers going down for so long ever before!

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks B81.

i was thinking along the lines of SAIgate or Noahhgate lol. 

i run my own buisness and website.... its really important to me to keep the website running efficiently.... any organisation with a website will undoubtedley think the same. 

It does seem a bit fishy though, with the site been down for so long....imagine if it was an internet banking site that went down. public outcry!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Thanks B81.

i was thinking along the lines of SAIgate or Noahhgate lol. 

i run my own buisness and website.... its really important to me to keep the website running efficiently.... any organisation with a website will undoubtedley think the same. 

It does seem a bit fishy though, with the site been down for so long....imagine if it was an internet banking site that went down. public outcry!!

Are you operating a satellite orbiting the earth? There's nothing wrong with the websites. The notion that there's some sort of cover up is preposterous.

Posted

ERM, the word preposterous is slightly overated , ie OTT.  if i had a satellite i would have no hesitation posting images on a website that had nothing wrong with it .

the word conspiricy was used in Jest and nothing more and the only thing that is covered up is Siberia with lots of snow haha

• Like 2

Posted

Hmm a lot of yellow snow on this chart. Would that be where the polar bears are hanging out? LoL

Yellow is ice so yes where their catch their food  :closedeyes:

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Thank you so much for the link Radio. 

incredible snow cover for october... 

post-18134-0-98773300-1414365870_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, still looking for a couple of pixels down in the Pyrenees and perhaps the mountain top on Corsica, but that is unlikely while we still have southerlies running up from Spain.

In any event it is very early days to be looking for southward extension which just shows how advanced the snow cover is this year over northern Europe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Great site thanks

Gif to show were we were on the 20th when the /ims link went down and now , nice increase in snow and ice me thinks :good:post-15601-0-23197100-1414372785_thumb.g

Latest  changes post-15601-0-75117600-1414373610_thumb.p

Other images post-15601-0-91821200-1414373769_thumb.p post-15601-0-82181300-1414373817_thumb.ppost-15601-0-94890300-1414373818_thumb.p

Forecast shows well  the expected movement south of the snow over the next 336 hours  http://fim.noaa.gov/FIM/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=fim_jet:&runTime=2014102300&plotName=weasd_sfc&fcstInc=360&numFcsts=57&model=fim&ptitle=Experimental%20FIM%20Model%20Fields&maxFcstLen=336&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=fim takes time to load then pause the fast animation.

Edited by LincolnSnowstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Great site thanks

Gif to show were we were on the 20th when the /ims link went down and now , nice increase in snow and ice me thinks :good:attachicon.gifhttp___makeagif.com__media_10-26-2014_K76BD3.gif

Latest  changes attachicon.gifmultisensor_4km_ea_snow_ice_change_2014298.png

Other images attachicon.gifmultisensor_4km_ea_snow_ice_map_syn_2014298.png attachicon.gifmultisensor_4km_ea_snow_ice_map_syn_fulres_2014298.pngattachicon.gifmultisensor_4km_ea_snow_ice_sensor_map_2014298.png

Thanks some content worth reading with added interest, some recent images no less?  :hi:  

As for the conspiracy theories, order order indeed.

snow_global-warming.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Finally.

I don't know about you but I've got my transport sorted for the vicious winter ahead of us.  :shok:  :shok:  :gathering:

ss21.jpg

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 5

Posted

Finally.

I don't know about you but I've got my transport sorted for the vicious winter ahead of us.  :shok:  :shok:  :gathering:

ss21.jpg

Suits you sir! :good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fMf8CB7jE..................erm..... :help:

if my numbers come up maybe something a little more sporty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg

Posted

Hey I'm new, here and I don't know if this article has any significance here, but thought I would share it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/global-warming-will-make-our-winters-colder-9819825.html

• Like 1

Posted

Hey I'm new, here and I don't know if this article has any significance here, but thought I would share it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/global-warming-will-make-our-winters-colder-9819825.html

Looks better here https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69782-weather-in-the-general-media-newspaper-features-etc/page-192#entry3060357 we do snow maps and snowmobiles in here mate!

Edit.... :oops: Welcome to Netweather robbo88!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Finally.

ss21.jpg

Would you like a RAMP to go with that?  :D  :wink:

snow+ramp.jpg

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 2

Thought you might be interested in the following response

Hello Graham,

I too, was unable to load the "natice" page however we do offer a couple of options that may meet your needs. Take a look at

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ice/recent.php

or

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/snow

They may meet your needs. I have also copied our Climate Monitoring Branch in this response. They can address the issues with the natice page.

Regards,

William

William Brown

Meteorologist

Climate Services and Monitoring Division

NOAA/National Climatic Data Center

151 Patton Avenue

Asheville, NC 28801

828-271-4800 x3161

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hmm a lot of yellow snow on this chart. Would that be where the polar bears are hanging out? LoL

Slightly OT but your post made me giggle.

I suppose you'd be too young to have heard the Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention song with the words

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like Eurasia has 18msk so far making it second only to 1976.

• Like 4