Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

Got to love the Pub run, if todays other runs have been "modest" in their output, given what we've seen today, then I so hope to see some R - rated goodness from the pub run tonight. :cold:

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

Rumour has it pub run is a belter and will cause many a sleepless nights upon members.

• Like 1

Posted

Rumour has it pub run is a belter and will cause many a sleepless nights upon members.

Lol, if this is true, this site will go into melt down!

• Like 1

Posted

Massive whodunnit on tonight's MOD thread

Mystery surrounds

1. Have knocker and mushy hacked MattHugos Twitter account and planted 51 eps ens?

2. Has a west based -NAO caused Nick Sussex to throw a wobbler

3. Who or what is a mean....confusion reigns today

4. Recretos disappearance causes consternation in the Strat thread!

5. Pattern change to be or not to be that is the question?

6. Will Glacier Point please return!?

7. Short waves not causing consternation but due to return at T48

8. MOD thread explodes when Ian Brown posts a Greenland High of 1080 but claims a south westerly mild flow

9. Everyone starts agreeing on MOD thread and it becomes a bit boring!

10. Everyone is happy when snow falls everywhere in the UK on Xmas day

Lol.... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

You were right Shannon love.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote: "There are dominoes to fall that need a little luck (for coldest outcomes) to get to that Havana"

This little snippet caught my eye from yet another excellent post from Tamara yesterday and I must admit to being a little

concerned by it!

Is this suggesting that despite all the encouraging background factors, the result maybe a flow sourced out of the N.Caribbean Sea or indeed has she introduced an Ian Brownism into her beautifully eloquent prose, which stripped down into plain English suggests a "Close but no cigar scenario?

Yet again Tamara, I think you may have some explaining to do! Wink.

Yours confused,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 1

Posted

I would imagine that COBRA will be meeting early next week to discuss contingency plans, if these charts come off then we will see snow that people under 50 have never seen in their lifetime, unprecedented amounts.

Southern England and London collapses after 3 inches of snow, it is quite possible there will be 3 FEET of lying snow by New Years eve

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I would imagine that COBRA will be meeting early next week to discuss contingency plans, if these charts come off then we will see snow that people under 50 have never seen in their lifetime, unprecedented amounts.

Southern England and London collapses after 3 inches of snow, it is quite possible there will be 3 FEET of lying snow by New Years eve

and the ramp of the day award goes to.................... :clap:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

You should put your CV into the daily express with quotes like that.

Promising charts but 3 feet in southern England.... I wish!

• Like 7

Posted

Errrrm Slightly Over the Top.......  :rofl:

Only slightly! Of course each to their own on how they use the supplied information, but I do think such depths seem excessive.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Lots of us online today looking at the prospects for next week, which look exciting to say the least.....

Please remember we have a few threads running, so please consider if your post would work in here or if it would better placed/answered elsewhere...

Regionals: https://forum.netweather.tv/forum/142-regional-discussions/   (Will it snow IMBY, gritting, Snowpocalypse)

Wild Ramping https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81281-model-banter-moans-and-ramps-autumnwinter-2014/ (Cobra meetings, bread shortages, ice age cometh)

How to read the models https://forum.netweather.tv/forum/5-the-netweather-guides/  (What does DAM mean, is the ECM rubbish, what does FI mean..)

We might be moving a few posts around if they aren't suitable for the original thread, so don't panic if your essay has disappeared, we've probably moved it to somewhere more audience-appropriate.

Thanks and happy cold hunting!

• Like 4

Posted

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-country-set-worst-4797980  ...........  :unknw:  I know it's the wrong thread but since fergieweather mentiond Exacta....hehe.

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

You should put your CV into the daily express with quotes like that.

Promising charts but 3 feet in southern England.... I wish!

You never know lol, the great snowfall of '81 gave around 2 feet of level snow here at sea level, wish I had gone up onto the mendips back then, the snow depth up there must have been incredible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I'm really sorry everyone, but I just couldn't help my self, I've done the un-thinkable and probably ruined every chance we had of snow next week.

So if it goes belly up you can blame me.

Just in-case your wondering what I've done...... I mentioned it's going to snow to everyone at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi James! :air_kiss:

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

You never know lol, the great snowfall of '81 gave around 2 feet of level snow here at sea level, wish I had gone up onto the mendips back then, the snow depth up there must have been incredible!

Well if we could have an event like that when I'm alive please weather Gods! We almost had one the year before last, but the darn Channel ISlands and France took our Channel low!  :wallbash:

Posted

Hardly nailed on, when it's only appeared on a couple of model runs today.

Tomorrow it may show something different again.

More consistency with cross model agreement in a more reliable time frame is required.

I think a post Christmas cold snap is safely nailed on

How much snow there will be, and where, is open to speculation, but a cold snap is definitely coming

• Like 1

Posted

I think a post Christmas cold snap is safely nailed on

How much snow there will be, and where, is open to speculation, but a cold snap is definitely coming

Two words.

THAT ECM.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

There are pictures of people walking on top of the hedgerows if that helps.  :friends:

• Like 2