Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wattisham and lakenheath around 24c with 21c dew points !! Certainly feels quite close here too despite cloudcover. Hope we get something that has erupted like that Le Havre storm !

It's incredibly humid over here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Huge towers to my West just visible through the haze. That must be a monster in the making, it came from nothing and now look at it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That storm over E London just keeps getting bigger! Excellent view from here, lots of crisp detail to the cauliflower-like cumulonimbus. Sun feeling hot and humidity is actually quite uncomfortable.

post-18410-0-63464300-1411136901_thumb.j

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

That storm over E London just keeps getting bigger! Excellent view from here, lots of crisp detail to the cauliflower-like cumulonimbus. Sun feeling hot and humidity is actually quite uncomfortable.

Crikey that's beautiful!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

And it grows and grows lol....looks like multi celled now

post-18410-0-63899000-1411137759_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Large CB looking north from Shoreham Airport.

post-3325-0-96465500-1411138227_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Quality pic!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Big crop of storms recently developed over EA 

Posted

That storm in London was absolutely awesome - myself and a colleague had to take refuge earlier because the rain was so torrential. No word of a lie, the hail was insane. Average hail stone size was around 5p, some were between 20p and 50p sized. The wind gusts around it were also very strong, initially blowing S to N, then as the storm drifted very slowly North, the wind blasted from N to S.

I was in Tower Hamlets at time (next to Victoria Park), which seems to have been the place to be at the time.

:yahoo:

Lets keep our fingers crossed for some more through the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Posted

I was in Tower Hamlets at time (next to Victoria Park), which seems to have been the place to be at the time.

You probably weren't very far away from me then, as I live next to Vicky Park.

Posted

Stunning - and was a very impressive storm beneath it too!! Here is a pic of a modest hailstone I caught...unfortunately the biggest kept bouncing back into the road.

post-3790-0-27393000-1411140423_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Should us westerners expect anything else today? I thought we would have at least seen something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hurrah!.....the sun has broken though here, and temps rapidly climbing.....come on then atmosphere, ignite!

Posted

Should us westerners expect anything else today? I thought we would have at least seen something.

Wouldn't rule anything out just yet, with potential according to the MetO lasting into the night, though slowly transferring further East.

Always were expected to be localised though so anyone who sees storms is quite lucky I'd suggest.

Not that its the most accurate in the world, but the UKMO precip forecast shows something kicking off towards SW/W Midlands region through the night then a wider rash of activity across the W/E Midlands, C/S England, EA and SE England in the early hours (marrying well with the MetO warning zones). Precip pattern suggests potential for decent sized multicells, particularly across Midlands/EA.

It is a crude forecasting chart but suggests activity, like last night, could ignite at any time from now through to tomorrow morning.

Edited by Harry

Posted

Stunning - and was a very impressive storm beneath it too!! Here is a pic of a modest hailstone I caught...unfortunately the biggest kept bouncing back into the road.

That's a biggie...remind me why they come down flat...!

Posted

Not expecting anything this far west, I am desperate for a rumble this month to keep the 2014 record up though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

That storm in London was absolutely awesome - myself and a colleague had to take refuge earlier because the rain was so torrential. No word of a lie, the hail was insane. Average hail stone size was around 5p, some were between 20p and 50p sized. The wind gusts around it were also very strong, initially blowing S to N, then as the storm drifted very slowly North, the wind blasted from N to S.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for some more through the rest of the afternoon and evening.

You probably weren't very far away from me then, as I live next to Vicky Park.

Not a drop of rain here in NW London! Sunny and humid, feels like July! Did you get storms last night, had mine in the early hours!

Posted

Not expecting anything this far west, I am desperate for a rumble this month to keep the 2014 record up though :)

What is your 2014 record?

Last night gave me the 20th storm of the year, I must say it's been a pretty good year for the SE at least!

Posted

A lot of strikes going on in the south of the UK now...who's under them or are you all your way back from work?

Looks like the whole of western Europe is firing off!

Blitzortung is like a a Geiger counter again!!!

Nothing under the Bourgogne shield though - a demain a Paris!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Ar man! Should have gone to London, snatched that mighty Cumulonimbus cloud, and placed it over Birmingham.

But don't worry, I would have given it back, after. Honest! :p