Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

I guess it's elevated by its intensity. It really is the BIGGEST cell in Europe right now. I would be a bit scared under that lot. I guess we will hear on the media what's gone on, but I suspect it will be like last night and this morning in parts of the south.

Don't chase without great care in your car. People have died over here in France the last few days in vehicles in flash flooding. Please be careful...but enjoy...

Yes I will definitely take care, thanks Spikecollie,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Frustration! Suddenly realised the cell was approaching and as it grew and changed it rumbled away - no lightning seen. Wind blowing in wrong direction here so nothing happening over my location, usual track taken up and over Bury St Edmunds (they must be getting a right pasting) and up towards Norwich and Norfolk. This side of Ipswich, bone dry and no clouds above us or near us. Not able to go after it so took some pics as it went by.

post-7276-0-16191300-1411146890_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-17638200-1411146900_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-68278600-1411146910_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Frustration! Suddenly realised the cell was approaching and as it grew and changed it rumbled away - no lightning seen. Wind blowing in wrong direction here so nothing happening over my location, usual track taken up and over Bury St Edmunds (they must be getting a right pasting) and up towards Norwich and Norfolk. This side of Ipswich, bone dry and no clouds above us or near us. Not able to go after it so took some pics as it went by.

Nice photos, even though you were on the edge of the storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

There's a long line of tall Cbs stretching right down Braintree way, from that storm, and a second anvil trying to form. Can actually see this building on the radar now as well in front of my eyes. Sky is nasty over that way and getting rather dark here.

Edited by poseidon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

WEll over an hour's worth of thunder, mostly CC lightning but getting more visible now. Really slow moving though, it's obviously been stuck on the M11  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Somethings er!!! cooking up in the channel,big time.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Somethings er!!! cooking up in the channel,big time.

Appeared from nowhere. Seems very active -lightningmaps.org is having trouble keeping up.

Edited by poseidon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Appeared from nowhere. Seems very active.

Yeh!,it went from nothing to somethimg big in a matter of minutes.

also,a cell is firing up north of Peterbrough

700 post's yey.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

That flippin' Norfolk storm is bigger than some of the continental European ones...it's wasted! None of the METARs in the area are reporting anything. That's not surprising though...they say scattered showers when they should say VCTS!!!

Sorry, was too busy enjoying it plus Interweb was AWOL :D  Nothing uber scary but lasted for almost 2hrs -  one of my Aussie shepherds was looking at the sky and getting fidgety at 4pm ish, so he was right :D Incredibly slow moving as well, just the right amount of rain, nothing torrential, constant thunder for most of the time, mostly CCs but the odd CG now and again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick heads up for central southern regions.....on the Points West forecast, Ian Fergusson (fergieweather) has alluded to the chance of thunderstorms developing over the next few hours in the west country & south Midlands tracking eastwards on or near the M4 corridor........nothing showing up currently on radar as such, but according to his forecast it's in the next hour or to that things may start to happen

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Whilst being here i thought id mention what a poor season this has been for me, i could even call it terrible: a quick glimpse of a distant storm July 17th, then an over night storm i slept through on the 18th due to being shattered after staying up the night before at a charity event. So a bad snow season 13/14 and a bad storm season 14, lets hope 14/15 winter doesn't go the same way!

anyone got a link for live webcam to see storm in channel?

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

New sferics kicking off near Hastings and just SE of Maidstone. 

Feels so close here right now, it feels like something big might be building.

Plus the storm in the Channel is clicking away constantly:

And here's hoping for you Staffordshire... You could just get what you wish for!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Seems to be some showers developing over Wales? Personally I am not sure if they will amount to much, but perhaps something to keep an eye on as they drift East through tonight? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Seems to be some showers developing over Wales? Personally I am not sure if they will amount to much, but perhaps something to keep an eye on as they drift East through tonight? 

Ian F did say that there was a risk of more storms tonight as the night progresses but it seems more towards the Gloucester way. I'm hoping it they will be further south anyway.

Have you been through your footage yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Ian F did say that there was a risk of more storms tonight as the night progresses but it seems more towards the Gloucester way. I'm hoping it they will be further south anyway.

Have you been through your footage yet?

Yes got some shots but are a bit out of focus and going to try tidy them up. I'm going to go through some of the videos I also took to see if I can get a more decent screengrab or two. (Probably try upload tomorrow as I am out tonight)

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

What the hell is going on off the channel here, probably somewhere around Eastbourne ??

There's a party in the sky, I have never seen so much lightning in my whole life, but it's all happening in the clouds and there's no thunder, but my god it's amazing to see. 

Posted

There seems to be a few 'false positive' strikes showing up on the lightning map at the moment in Kent and Sussex. The strikes show up and then dissapear within a few minutes instead of the usual 60. 

The stuff over the channel right now is unbelievably slow moving.