Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Mine are at the bottom of page 121 :)

Posted

Mine are at the bottom of page 121 :)

Aah ty.

You've done really well, are you in East or West Sheffield?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Aah ty.

You've done really well, are you in East or West Sheffield?

West, virtualy the start of the snake pass. Just past Crosspool on the way out on Machester Road (A57) :)

We usualy do well here, I love it. Ill never live at low altitude lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Got about an inch just outside Leeds City Center. Birkenshaw has a similar amount to Cheese's photo though, perhaps a tad less.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Temperature is rising steadily here now and is up to 2.8°C and the sleet has stopped and it is brightening up. I have a bad feeling that this might be that for this winter but hope I am wrong.

With today (just) this makes three snow days this winter, which is two more than last winter but way behind the winters before.

Oh well, it's only weather  :)

That's it for this winter??

Plenty of time left.

Snow is belting down here just North of Sheffield. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Still snowing here.

Wonder if the temperature will drop as we approach night. Perhaps settle and freeze more.

Posted

Got a good 7cm further down from Morley be interesting to see when I get home my totals!

Still snowing lightly

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

Snow pepping up again here in Longwood. Huddersfield New College closed earlier. As I said before-I'll bet Scapegoat Hill/Outlane etc are much worse. Certainly more than I expected & shows the Met can get it a bit wrong sometimes-they certainly didn't (in my opinion) forecast the heaviness & persistance of the snow.

Posted

Got a good 7cm further down from Morley be interesting to see when I get home my totals!

Still snowing lightly

Any idea what its like in Batley. My concern is that when I leave work later it'll either be settling again or freezing over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing very heavy here for past half hour. Melted a bit around midday. Hasn't stopped snowing since 9am even though it slowed to a few tiny flakes. Tried to post a pic showing how heavy it is but its not very good.

post-18786-0-80888500-1421852365_thumb.j

Posted

Been snowing on and off here but we have a lot less than some of the pics posted...

A good event but not as good as boxing day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Slush fest in the Valley now!

If this lot freezes it won't be pretty!!!

I wonder if the second blob on the Radar will fall as snow? It appears to have reached Hudds so I'll find out soon enough........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep it's definately reached Huddersfield. Slowed right down and the sky looked grey as if it was going to rain but nope it's now snowing heavily again. Just in time for me to do school pickup.

Posted

We've had snow falling for what seems like most of the day... And while it's not led to massive accumulations, it's still been great to see!

Living just outside Leeds City centre, and under 80m asl I was concerned! However, it's been snow all the way through pretty much. :)

Posted

Been snowing all days in Leeds city centre, but not settled anywhere, now coming down very heavy though and starting to settle.  Big flakes.

Posted

Any idea what its like in Batley. My concern is that when I leave work later it'll either be settling again or freezing over.

I'm at work in Morley higher up than Batley ? Its clear/ slush on the roads at the moment, for the first time I can remember the local gritters have been out regularly here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Quite heavy in Leeds city centre at the moment, trying hard to stick but a bit wet.

We've had snow falling for what seems like most of the day... And while it's not led to massive accumulations, it's still been great to see!

Living just outside Leeds City centre, and under 80m asl I was concerned! However, it's been snow all the way through pretty much. :)

Where are you? Im up by the Uni and it's pretty wet and not settled.

Posted

Barking, I'm near Woodhouse and it's settled quite easily here in the past half an hour, and we still had snow from earlier. However, I just took a walk near Beckett Uni and it didn't really settle there... Seems quite localised.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's settling here, even on the busy roads. I think the temperature must have fallen back below zero.

Edited by cheese