Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It always struggles in leeds City centre.

I watched the radar up until 6am and the heavier echoes kept missing leeds.

Snowing light-moderate here, a touch heavier than earlier but again the dark echoes struggle to get this far north. It's good that that pretty much all of north Leeds is well in excess of 100m otherwise we'd struggle. I don't mind if the darker echoes effect just Leeds Central as the centre is only between 30-100m.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

FWIW, I'm at 86-90m ASL in East Leeds and the snow has had no problem settling. Got the bus home and it's rather deep actually - with some drifting against walls. Leeds city centre's problem is usually UHI rather than elevation, because even places in the city centre similar in elevation to me struggle to get settling snow.

Posted

Been snowing on and off here but we have a lot less than some of the pics posted...

A good event but not as good as boxing day

Same here, but still a decentish event. I think i got about 4-5cm in the end, although this is now thawing (quite notably) despite the temp at 0.7c. Although im not too disheartened given the snow would have gone by Friday. Altitude definitely helped. Worksop only had a covering, ~2-3 miles away, myself 4-5cm with the grass completely covered, and the village up the road from me (~50-70m higher) has notably more. Trip to Sheffield further exemplified this. There seemed to be near 8-10cm around Gleedless, yet the city centre had just a cm or two!

Posted

Looks like Leeds is in a sweet spot atm can't really see much more for Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Looks like Leeds is in a sweet spot atm can't really see much more for Sheffield.

No i think thats pretty much it for me. Just a few flakes coming down now. I cant compain though lol, I think Sheffields had the most again.

A nice big freeze tonight. Could be very dangerous in the morning though, slush and water is going to be lethal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Can't access radar. Is Leeds still likely for some more snow yet anyone?!

Posted

No i think thats pretty much it for me. Just a few flakes coming down now. I cant compain though lol, I think Sheffields had the most again.

A nice big freeze tonight. Could be very dangerous in the morning though, slush and water is going to be lethal

Barnsley has also done very well hasn't stopped snowing since 8pm last night and still continuing

Very happy with that :yahoo: :yahoo:

Posted

Can't access radar. Is Leeds still likely for some more snow yet anyone?!

It's on its last leg pretty much. There is some decent intensity but I would imagine anywhere between 1-3 hours of snow left.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Barnsley has also done very well hasn't stopped snowing since 8pm last night and still continuing

Very happy with that :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes same for me, its been almost a full days worth of snow! You cant grumble at that can you :D:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Still coming down nicely here but the radar does indicate that it's starting to fade away - can't complain though. Did better than expected. I'll have to measure it at some point but a decent few cm for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well the bbc, met office and Paul Hudson's forecasts and graphics were very poor indeed!! In fact mr Hudson you were well off the mark!

Complete whiteout here in North Leeds.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Nice band over us at the minute coming down more intense not stopped all day!

I've just come from Dewsbury/Westborough side and it wasn't too bad. Not really settled on the roads, and was turning to snizzle about 30 mind ago. Hope that helps!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Any idea what its like in Batley. My concern is that when I leave work later it'll either be settling again or freezing over.

Roads are clear. I'm at 130m and theirs about 7+cm I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

As per usual, leave work in Sheffield and it's a winter wonderland, arrive home to eastern side of Rotherham and there's hardly any snow. :(

Posted

post-2845-0-00429200-1421857888_thumb.jppost-2845-0-79110100-1421857999_thumb.jppost-2845-0-01198100-1421858055_thumb.jp

Taken about 2 Hours ago with have had a good couple more Cm of snow since these pictures . Still snowing lightly

• Like 2

Posted

It feels like it has snowed all day here in East Morton. Just used all the snow in the garden to make a snowman and its covering over again already. Great stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Amazing what difference 80m of elevation makes. Bottom of Leeds Bradford road clear. 1 mile up the top it was covering the pavements, main road and was falling heavily.

Posted

Well made it back to Wakefield and it's till snowing, nearly 20 hours, looks quite heavy at the moment starting to cover again.

Posted

Well the bbc, met office and Paul Hudson's forecasts and graphics were very poor indeed!! In fact mr Hudson you were well off the mark!

Complete whiteout here in North Leeds.

They have been rubbish IMO

• Like 1

Posted

Hasn't it been a cracking day though to say how many were po pooing that we wouldn't get any.

I love optimism :D

• Like 1